Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not a fan of the Oberon Prime appearance

bonamb

Ok, so I'm just gonna preface this by saying Oberon is one of my fave frames. I love his concept, his abilities, and his stats. 

However, I really don't like the way he looks.

His default skin is alright I guess, despite being ridiculously hard to colour (decently). However, his prime is really not very nice. I know I'm a little late jumping on this but I kinda hoped somebody else would notice and change it.

Primary concerns:

-While previously having built-in shoulder pads to give the appearance of bigger shoulders - ones that you could put shoulder accessories on, he now has detachable ones that leave him with shoulders smaller than nyx

-His posture in his default skin was always not so good due to his back design, but now he's a hunchback???

-His default neck and prime helmet is just not nice. Seriously. He went from having something that resembled a sharp chin and a contoured face to a "lets see how many chins I have if I make this face" look. It also looks horrible when you put the default helmet back on due to how the neck is. 

-From the side his body is more than twice the width of his arms. In the wrong direction. On a well-built male, the chest and pectorals go out in front, and the arms tend to hang back. Meanwhile Quasimodo over here has a hunched back that makes him look utterly ridiculous. Also despite having wide biceps and triceps his arms narrow down around the elbows very oddly. I understand that is what they did in the original skin, but attention was drawn away from that by the shoulder plates.

-His feet are still hooves. Is this necessary?

-I also dislike the deluxe skin for the exact reason I like trinity deluxe. It's not much fun to run around on sticks rather than actual feet. 

-I really wish you had kept the tree / nature theme when designing the prime, rather than moving to castles - they just dont work as he is! If he was built more heavily, then yes. Castles. But right now, his skinny arms and legs and bulky body just look odd. You gotta choose between being skinny and bulk. Having both just looks weird.

Seriously. I really like playing this frame, it's just unlike some frames which are ridiculously easy to fasionframe (harrow, excalibur, rhino, mesa, nekros, nezah, limbo p, ivara, hydroid, volt, valkyr etc), oberon belongs to the subset of frames that only a few colour schemes work for, and the accessories generally look terrible on him, and oberon prime somehow manages to make that so much worse. It's really hard to do something fun and creative like you can with the others. I generally only take him along to keep my clan alive when we go eidalon hunting, but if he looked like Harrow without a doubt he would be my most played frame.

I'm not entirely sure how tennogen works, but maybe it would be a good idea to allow creators to be a little more... creative with the skins? Maybe they can fix oberon instead!

Yeah this is just my opinion on an appearance that I think ruins a really nice frame 😞 idk

While I understand your plight (I dislike both Atlas and Oberon in the aesthetic department) I don't think it will change. I'm more upset that we cannot outright remove the shoulder pads (rather than replacement). The only othe option is to run Oberon deluxe or Oberon's default skin. 

49 minutes ago, bonamb said:

Ok, so I'm just gonna preface this by saying Oberon is one of my fave frames. I love his concept, his abilities, and his stats. 

However, I really don't like the way he looks.

His default skin is alright I guess, despite being ridiculously hard to colour (decently). However, his prime is really not very nice. I know I'm a little late jumping on this but I kinda hoped somebody else would notice and change it.

Primary concerns:

-While previously having built-in shoulder pads to give the appearance of bigger shoulders - ones that you could put shoulder accessories on, he now has detachable ones that leave him with shoulders smaller than nyx

-His posture in his default skin was always not so good due to his back design, but now he's a hunchback???

-His default neck and prime helmet is just not nice. Seriously. He went from having something that resembled a sharp chin and a contoured face to a "lets see how many chins I have if I make this face" look. It also looks horrible when you put the default helmet back on due to how the neck is. 

-From the side his body is more than twice the width of his arms. In the wrong direction. On a well-built male, the chest and pectorals go out in front, and the arms tend to hang back. Meanwhile Quasimodo over here has a hunched back that makes him look utterly ridiculous. Also despite having wide biceps and triceps his arms narrow down around the elbows very oddly. I understand that is what they did in the original skin, but attention was drawn away from that by the shoulder plates.

-His feet are still hooves. Is this necessary?

-I also dislike the deluxe skin for the exact reason I like trinity deluxe. It's not much fun to run around on sticks rather than actual feet. 

-I really wish you had kept the tree / nature theme when designing the prime, rather than moving to castles - they just dont work as he is! If he was built more heavily, then yes. Castles. But right now, his skinny arms and legs and bulky body just look odd. You gotta choose between being skinny and bulk. Having both just looks weird.

Seriously. I really like playing this frame, it's just unlike some frames which are ridiculously easy to fasionframe (harrow, excalibur, rhino, mesa, nekros, nezah, limbo p, ivara, hydroid, volt, valkyr etc), oberon belongs to the subset of frames that only a few colour schemes work for, and the accessories generally look terrible on him, and oberon prime somehow manages to make that so much worse. It's really hard to do something fun and creative like you can with the others. I generally only take him along to keep my clan alive when we go eidalon hunting, but if he looked like Harrow without a doubt he would be my most played frame.

I'm not entirely sure how tennogen works, but maybe it would be a good idea to allow creators to be a little more... creative with the skins? Maybe they can fix oberon instead!

Yeah this is just my opinion on an appearance that I think ruins a really nice frame 😞 idk

He's the Minotaur, guardian of the Maze. Opposed to the Stag, guardian of the Forest and Fairy-kind. 

33 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Buy deluxe and make Oberon one of the most beautiful frames and be happy -

g5n3lxd.jpg

I raise you a messed-up butterfly without wings! https://imgur.com/RiMrKX4

Edited by GrazewoundZeroLow

I would love to purchase Windego skin but the dumb prime shoulder pads have to come along so until this is fixed

I will not be buying any Oberon skins. I will just deal with standard Oberon skin on my prime with the goofy shoulder pads for now.

Edited by moeman692001