Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex: it makes too many other weapons not worth using

senmurai

I rarely use the Amprex, and am not running into content I wish I'd brought it for.  I can bring a large variety of primaries and secondaries, thanks to the recent rework of stats they've had.

If we're looking for weapons that jeopardize the use of others, primaries aren't it.  I rarely leave the orbiter without my +crit change+crit multiplier+spin crit riven'd, Kesheg, however.  If nothing else makes them fall down, I know that will and if I had to have one weapon to kill everything with, every time, with a single form of attack that'd be it.  For me it may be the Kesheg, but substitute whatever a persons favored form of spin2win is and it's the same effect that makes the amprex look like a wind up toy by comparison.

some people out there disagrees with amprex, but mostly because he thinks the decorative beams that shoot out to the side was the projectile.

On 2018-07-18 at 1:07 AM, RacerDelux said:

I don't find the Amprex all that impressive IMO... I prefer other weapons. The OP seems to me like an opinion? Not seeing the thread purpose lol.

crazy dps, good crit and good status, topped with chain effect. thread purpose is stating how amprex's chain effect destroys whole rooms of low level maps, and crazy dps melting high level mobs, makes it an all rounder godly weapon. only thing un-op about it now is the damage ramp up nerf and low range.

On 2018-07-16 at 12:59 AM, Leqesai said:

The newest expansion has elite professions...

And the original game was similar. The campaigns added new professions, skills and items. It may not obviously appear to be a form of power creep but it certainly is.

That's not really true(elite professions just give you more toys to play with, very few outright stronger), the only thing in Guild Wars that grew in power was the enemies, and it was a very measured growth, scaled primarily with the mastery of the players playing the game: there was very little "we have bigger guns, give us bigger baddies", and a whole lot of "we know how to use our skills to their fullest, give us worthy foes".

Had DE not taken warframe in the rather disappointing direction of a horde slasher with guns(that should have been exclusively the infested content), and tried to make it something more, maybe the balance wouldn't be all over the place.

Edited by Naqel