Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never Guess What I Found :o

DiBBz

Maybe it's just left over from when we had downvoting.

And @DiBBz yes we did have downvoting, until it was deemed that it had a negative effect on the community, at which point it was removed.

hmm wow really well i must have been away on holiday when this happened , but oh well and i guess i can see that point after all just asuming how many people would down-vote a comment just because they can

Because it's pretty easy to make alt accounts and spam the downvote button. Or get your clanmates to spam downvoting.

Same goes for upvoting. In that logic they should just get rid of the voting system. 

But i want downvotes back. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

Same goes for upvoting. In that logic they should just get rid of the voting system. 

But i want downvotes back. 

Silencing people through trollish negativity generally has a more negative impact on a community than an overinflated ego caused by self wankery. Its bad enough that most of the time people try to raise legit issues with the game get shouted down by "GAME IS BETA" or "ITS FINE LRN2PLAY" we don't need people being able to spam 200+ downvotes on them in seconds.

Warframe is using a third-party forum software (Invision) which supports both down- and up-voting.

Administrators can customise Invision forums to a great extend, this includes blocking both or either down- and up-voting.

Basically, not really interesting or unexpected.

Warframe is using a third-party forum software (Invision) which supports both down- and up-voting.

Administrators can customise Invision forums to a great extend, this includes blocking both or either down- and up-voting.

Basically, not really interesting or unexpected.

Actually, Invision Power Board supports this in several ways. There's an up/down system, an up only, a down only and a "like" system. In general, on large boards, administrators choose to disable negative reputation, as it quickly becomes a tool for trolling or just stomping on any opinion that does not match your own.

As your total reputation (visible on your profile) can also be used to restrict certain privileges (ie, make your post automatically flag for moderator approval, bans and more), it's highly recommended to not use such a system ever ;)