The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great TennoCon 2018 Ash Prime Drop Fix!

[DE]Rebecca

Soooo... yeah. I will tell you the story of how I lost many friends and trust in developers I really.. REALLY trusted. Just 3 weeks before my laptop broke down and I can't play Warframe, apparently my (other) friend told me about the ash event on Discord, I decided to participate because of how much I loved Ash, me myself is just a normal newbie but I already wanted to have Ash as my main the first time I see him at the market, unfortunately I found out his primed version is.. vaulted. I was losing hope and still decided to go for normal Ash, but it was too hard for such a newbie like me to ever see a manic in the past 1 month I have played, and the fact that I don't have much time made it worse. After hearing that there is a Ash Prime event on twitch, I was completely happy. So you guessed it, I had to skip irl things and basically suffer from it, I have to wake up at 5 AM just to watch the stream, I was so hyped to hear the updates and happily quit the stream as it ended. The next day I found myself not having my Ash Prime yet and I was super surprised later then I found this thread. I noticed how I wasn't able to play the past 3 weeks, so at that moment I know I was completely screwed... I decided to see if anyone comes along the same problem, and I found... a ton! I was hoping for the DE to find a better solution but no... I was completely disappointed, I also found a post made by someone telling that all they do is copy and paste their reponse on every single support mails, and the way how they do it is like... laughing at us... it's like "hah scrub, u don't get it so u will never get it". So I decided to tell my friends about this, hoping for them to calm me down and cheer me up, but things get worse as they got the Ash Prime and they are not willing to use it! But that's not it, what makes the problem is how my own friends laughed at me or just ignored me. After a month of playing Warframe, I realised how much time I have wasted and how much trust I have did the same. I guess it was just like all the other games when they get popular... promise the great, do the opposite, ignore the minority... I guess it's time to say good bye to Warframe.

What about those that did watch the stream but did not log in, because of external problems? For example my main pc is on repair and im using a temp one, which unfortunaly is old and does not have the specs required to play the game? I have no way of acessing my inbox in the mobile app, and i cant log in to check or be eligible to get one from the script

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Servers crashed, drop failed etc. That promotion was not able to go ahead. DE came up with an alternative promotion to compensate for that. (See the ToS of most promotions run by anyone, "At our sole discretion, we can cancel or change the terms on the promotion at any time".)

The current result is that the people that regularly login and have twitch linked get it. The idea of just giving it to everyone with a linked twitch may not be possible (there must be a reason DE did not do this, right?).

While I'm certainly not arguing about their lack of legal liability for a silly Twitch drop, let's be clear: they did not cancel the original promotion, and their fix was not labeled an alternative promotion. Likely because doing either of those would have been...counterproductive to community engagement efforts 😉 But still, I think you're putting too much gloss on what the fix was/wasn't.

Anyway, the OP fix is based in part on whether an account has Twitch linked, so they can plainly use the metric. I agree the current fix would make more sense if for some reason they cannot just give it to any account with linked Twitch, and that it may not be possible to do that...but I remain agnostic as to whether "there must be a [good] reason DE did not do this." 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ALEJO954FL said:

Same here dude but don't worry you will get him soon

Umm I think you should stop misleading other users. I've said it (and others have too) that in the Stream today for their PS4 gameplay, they stated that if you have no already received the Ash Prime then you will not get it at all.

Their script (still unsure what they even means and how they implemented said script) has already been run and ended earlier this morning.

So I guess I'll say it one last time (I hope).

If you have NOT gotten the Ash Prime Frame at this time, YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING ONE.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ALEJO954FL said:

Don't know but I do know we will get him soon

Just now, (PS4)ALEJO954FL said:

Maby tomorrow

You need to stop misleading players. I am serious.

THE ASH PRIME EVENT IS OVER. NO MORE ARE GOING OUT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT THEN YOU NEVER WILL FROM THIS GIVEAWAY.

6 minutes ago, Vangeroth said:

Umm I think you should stop misleading other users. I've said it (and others have too) that in the Stream today for their PS4 gameplay, they stated that if you have no already received the Ash Prime then you will not get it at all.

Their script (still unsure what they even means and how they implemented said script) has already been run and ended earlier this morning.

So I guess I'll say it one last time (I hope).

If you have NOT gotten the Ash Prime Frame at this time, YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING ONE.

Dam 😕 ok thanks

Just now, jflame said:

I hope so XP i Just maxed out my first warframe so i need a new one to rank up

Ignore (PS4)ALEJO954FL, they clearly did not watch the stream today. They are otherwise misleading you into thinking you will get a Ash Prime.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎09 at 6:19 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What happens if you have almost half-a-million people watching TennoLive and many of them expecting a Twitch Drop?

Well, the answer is kind of complicated, but you've waited long enough for some closure so please read this quick post for the dirty details:

a) We had many more people watching than anticipated and our servers could not keep up with the data coming from Twitch.
b) Since we cannot turn back time, we have no way of knowing who was actually watching.
c) We have a very generous solution in spite of b).

Anyone who has logged into Warframe in the past 7 days on any platform with a Twitch linked account and did not receive the Ash Prime Drop will receive one! 

We will let you know when the script is finished, should be some time this week!

Thank you. 

Edit:

Script is in progress and should be done within 2-6 hours on all platforms!

SCRIPT IS DONE! 

i didnt get ash prime

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ALEJO954FL said:

What do you mean stream today that was about limbo stuff idiot

No. One of the first things they talked about was the Ash Prime Giveaway. In it they said they the script's already been done and over and if you did not get a Ash Prime you will not be getting one.