Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Revolving Doors In The Void

Operator_Error

Are apparently Rhino traps.

3 times in as many visits to the void, I've been smacked by the edge of an opening door, and had it drag me into the corner between it and the wall, and become trapped there.

Is there a /stuck command? If not, could we have one that plops us down at an unobstructed point a couple meters away, with a cooldown, to avoid abuse?

once  2nd to last wave on t3 defence, door sucked me in and trapped me wasnt even going thru it just maybe 2 meters away getting orbs

i was frost , so we had to quit, all the time for nothing

truly the most dangerous foe in the void is THE DOOR

If not, could we have one that plops us down at an unobstructed point a couple meters away, with a cooldown, to avoid abuse?

No.

(Scott wants you to get stuck so you will report it. Allowing players to use a debug command might otherwise result in lots of map pitfalls going unreported.)

No.

(Scott wants you to get stuck so you will report it. Allowing players to use a debug command might otherwise result in lots of map pitfalls going unreported.)

/stuck can be auto-logged and used for finding these bugged spots. I dont care either way. Figured id throw that out there though.

Edited by Zaiaku

/stuck can be auto-logged and used for finding these bugged spots. I dont care either way. Figured id throw that out there though.

Yeah, I figured the same thing. Maybe they just didn't want to have to deal with false/duplicate reports or something.

One "stuck in void door" support ticket is a lot less than two hundred thousand automated ones.

Auto-logs wouldn't actually be useful.  Reporting your position at the time you press 'stuck' is only valuable if you're actually firmly stuck in the same spot you were initially stuck in.  If you fall off the map, or if you run around in the area you're stuck in, trying to find a way out - both of which happen a good bit - then that information has nothing to do with where the problem on the map is.

And since players are going to be strictly interested in getting back to the action, even if it asked for a description of how and why you were stuck, you can expect terse descriptions at best, and a lot of junk at worst.

I've had those Void doors eat me several times. Each time it was because of a Slash Dash, or Speed, or Loki with a maxed rush. Seems if you actually run into the door before it opens, you get stuck to it as it turns.

Auto-logs wouldn't actually be useful.  Reporting your position at the time you press 'stuck' is only valuable if you're actually firmly stuck in the same spot you were initially stuck in.  If you fall off the map, or if you run around in the area you're stuck in, trying to find a way out - both of which happen a good bit - then that information has nothing to do with where the problem on the map is.

And since players are going to be strictly interested in getting back to the action, even if it asked for a description of how and why you were stuck, you can expect terse descriptions at best, and a lot of junk at worst.

Even still, If the command had a menu of stuff to do, like "Stuck" "Clipping" "Lighting/Effects" "Enemies" and other things.. You select one, type in a summary, and it automatically takes a screen shot and sends it in.

That menu could show the devs what tile you are on, and at what location in that tile. If you are at x45.019, y95.131, z8.932 when you submit a report, and the devs see that those coordinates are a good 10 meters outside the wall of that tile, you obviously got there some how. They read the summary, recreate the issue, and try to fix it.

The more reports of the same tile, for the same reasons, can be grouped up for more visibility and prioritizing.

They'd be more useful than the handful of forum posts on the topic.

That's beside the point though. It's pretty common to fall through the map or get stuck. Since it's been months and it's still common, players should get an unstuck option. If DE wants to complain about stuff not being reported: fix your S#&$ first DE, so that it's a bug uncommon enough that it's not a regular source of frustration.

Yes, Scott's reply on the topic is weak at best. There are enough ways to have this stuff auto-reported without a ton of dupes and without losing the valuable reports.

e.g. I've even played games that noticed you were not moving for a while. They'd prompt you to click a button to be unstuck. That's good design. It doesn't harm anything Scott is concerned about, yet it doesn't leave the player forever stuck in one spot. Not having the option is really because they don't want to do the work to make a good system at the moment. It's a lot less work to just depend on users to cry about them, throw it on QA to write up the bugs and sort through the dupes, and put it on the bottom of a level designer or programmer's giant bug list (this void door problem has been around since the void was introduced). They could at least be honest and say they just can't focus on that stuff now because they're busy with trying to make a PS4 release. Of course, a thing like this would likely be a collaboration between their tools guys and one programmer and designer's input, so unless those tools guys are swamped, it's a high priority feature.

Also, falling out of the map is incredibly easy to curtail, and auto-report. Anyone concerned with it not reporting the right coordinates doesn't really understand how much information a game is logging as it's running.

If they really wanted us to report bugs that efficiently, it's extremely easy to give us a tool (e.g. open console, type "bug") which takes a screenshot, reports your coordinates, and sends DE a log of the last few seconds. There is no in-game way to do this. Even most betas have a crash reporter that runs when the game crashes. Warframe has none of this. These signs show more and more this is less a beta and just an unpolished released game. Having to go to the forum to report a bug is one of the worst ways I've seen a beta run (forums are good, but shouldn't be the first stop for bug reports during an alpha/beta). In-game tools would greatly increase the reports they get, and in-game tools would allow for detailed reports if a user so desired.