Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interesting Side Quests

ganjou234

The Plains and Cetus lacks side quests that have some story in them, every NPC (or most of them) should have a bunch of side-quests and stories. It worries me that Fortuna might have this problem.

Remember how much you've neglected the main questline in Borderlands 2 and Skyrim just because of extremely satisfying and fun sidequests and sometimes that random messenger from the Brotherhood, or a bunch of marauding Vampires, or the quest that gives you Moxxi's Rubi pistol? This is what we need on the open world environments.

• Interesting Side Quests with stories and named rewards.
  • Side-quest bosses that have interesting drops, mods, maybe even Zaw and Kitgun parts?

The amount of loot that could be had if we had more of those.....

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

1- Warframe is not a MMORPG

2- "Open World" in Warframe is not really the same thing as "Open Worlds" in WoW, Skyrim and the likes

1- What does that have to do with the lack of sidequests? lack of NPC interaction?

2- Those games were just used to ompare the density of quests. Fortuna is going to be basically as large as one map in Borderlands, would you like that huge space to be empty? If you want players to stay in an area, then they have to do something. Sidequests are a good addition to the simple daily grind/bounties.

hm.. the saya-quest (for gara) is a sidequest... would be nice to have more of this (don't really need a frame-bp 😄 ).... but don't think warframe needs lot of this... just some nice sidequest... maybe to understand the plains and mechanics better at beginning.... or something like that....

but: warframe is not borderlands.. 🙂

2 minutes ago, (PS4)NewcastleDisease said:

hm.. the saya-quest (for gara) is a sidequest... would be nice to have more of this (don't really need a frame-bp 😄 ).... but don't think warframe needs lot of this... just some nice sidequest... maybe to understand the plains and mechanics better at beginning.... or something like that....

but: warframe is not borderlands.. 🙂

I really am not saying it to be Borderlands. *facepalm*

I'm just saying that it needs sidequests because sidequests have a good habit of making players stay in and enjoy an area.

Zitat

I'm just saying that it needs sidequests because sidequests have a good habit of making players stay in and enjoy an area.

there are periodically missions from konzu, you have alerts in the plains, so this always is there like in other games...  warframe only lags on the interaction with nsc's.. and i don't really know if this is something warframe really need...

beside this: yeah right... some more quest would be nice.. but not sure if it has to be from the (cetus/solaris)people... would maybe transform warframe in a rpg-like-thing.. 

as mentioned above, i think some mini-quest for getting startet would nice or more story content to know cetus people better... plains are not bad, just not really hm... don't know how to say... i think the plains feels a little bit empty as you said before... 

23 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

1- What does that have to do with the lack of sidequests? lack of NPC interaction?

2- Those games were just used to ompare the density of quests. Fortuna is going to be basically as large as one map in Borderlands, would you like that huge space to be empty? If you want players to stay in an area, then they have to do something. Sidequests are a good addition to the simple daily grind/bounties.

1- Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis are hostile area with no friendly NPC, so you'll have to stick with radio transmissions (and one guy will spawn in Orb Vallis to give you the bounties).

2- Fortuna will be as small as Cetus, it's more the size of a Relay than anything. So yeah, it will gather like 10 NPC, most of them being vendors, and the bounty guy. Orb Vallis will be huge but 1) as an instanced area for your 4-tenno squad 2) for killing mobs and loot stuff, just as any regular dungeons in any game, in which you have like 2 quests and those are never "side quests".

Orb Vallis is not a continent with hubs, cities, neutral towns or whatever. It's a hostile area with only enemies.

Edited by Chewarette

14 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

2- Fortuna will be as small as Cetus, it's more the size of a Relay than anything. So yeah, it will gather like 10 NPC, most of them being vendors, and the bounty guy. Orb Vallis will be huge but 1) as an instanced area for your 4-tenno squad 2) for killing mobs and loot stuff, just as any regular dungeons in any game, in which you have like 2 quests and those are never "side quests".

Orb Vallis is not a continent with hubs, cities, neutral towns or whatever. It's a hostile area with only enemies.

Darn, I meant Orb Vallis not Fortuna when I was comparing. Sorry.

Borderlands 2's Three Horns - Divide/Valley is similar to Orb Vallis, the area is filled with hostiles and only Sanctuary is the safe zone (Orb Vallis will have areas that you can take and those would become friendly bases where you can take bounties without going back into Fortuna, just like Happy Pig Motel on the Three Horns - Valley).

Edited by ganjou234