Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra's passive and Magus Arcanes don't work well together

ReinAxefury

After playing for some time with Excalibur Umbra, there are two problems i found regarding his passive:

1. When going into Operator mode, the AI specter always removes your exalted blade. This is a problem if you play with Energy Conversion.
  2. Not sure if a bug or a feature (i guess it's a bug), but Excalibur Umbra's specter isn't affected by Magus Nourish and Medi Ray.

The first problem also means that, if you want to use Magus Elevate and you are playing with an Exalted Blade build, every time you want to heal you will have to recast EB again, which is a loss on energy. My suggestion on this is, when Excalibur Umbra's AI specter takes control, make it check if Exalted Blade is turned on, on that case don't let him turn off EB, at least for a few secs (3~5?).

About the second problem, i figured i could make Excalibur Umbra get 50 hp/s with 2 Magus Nourish sets just to find out it didn't work. The second you go into transference, Excalibur Umbra gets to heal 2 HP (i guess its because i used two sets?) and then nothing. Considering how expensive is to craft a set, imagine two. So i really hope that DE fix this soon.

By comments on the wikia, someone used Magus Nourish with no issues before the last hotfix, the problem may be related to that change.

29 minutes ago, ReinAxefury said:

After playing for some time with Excalibur Umbra, there are two problems i found regarding his passive:

1. When going into Operator mode, the AI specter always removes your exalted blade. This is a problem if you play with Energy Conversion.
  2. Not sure if a bug or a feature (i guess it's a bug), but Excalibur Umbra's specter isn't affected by Magus Nourish and Medi Ray.

The first problem also means that, if you want to use Magus Elevate and you are playing with an Exalted Blade build, every time you want to heal you will have to recast EB again, which is a loss on energy. My suggestion on this is, when Excalibur Umbra's AI specter takes control, make it check if Exalted Blade is turned on, on that case don't let him turn off EB, at least for a few secs (3~5?).

About the second problem, i figured i could make Excalibur Umbra get 50 hp/s with 2 Magus Nourish sets just to find out it didn't work. The second you go into transference, Excalibur Umbra gets to heal 2 HP (i guess its because i used two sets?) and then nothing. Considering how expensive is to craft a set, imagine two. So i really hope that DE fix this soon.

By comments on the wikia, someone used Magus Nourish with no issues before the last hotfix, the problem may be related to that change.

I posted a thread similar to this. With enough annoyance, perhaps DE will patch it.