Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tomb Guardians (Sands Of Inaros)

Salty_Tattie

Can we have something done about the bloody Tomb Guardian from the second stage of Sands of Inaros. It splits 4 times (which is too many in my opinion) so you can get like 40 at once if you're doing it wrong, this is too many splits (I already hate the split-type boss fight because it is bloody annoying) and leads to most of my aborts and etc being because I run out of ammo and the buggers stun lock me if I get close enough for melee.

This leads to my second point. I hate splitting bosses in games, but at least in all other games their damage/health HALVE WITH THEIR SIZE, the smallest Golems seem more durable than the largest ones (tho that may just be the lack of ammo at that point) and it feels like to do this MASTERY RANK 5 QUEST that I need to be bringing MR 10 gear, which of course I don't have yet.

DE please, I beg you to make it so the golems health and damage halves each time their size does, and even better stop making literal rocks have better homing technology than modern guided missiles.

21 minutes ago, Salty_Tattie said:

if you're doing it wrong

well then do it right 

Spoiler

^ that was sarcasm, i am sorry... not sorry

Try scanning them and testing with them in the simulacrum? I don't remember exactly how to beat them aside room hit faster, harder and know when to dodge and shoot. Also try to split them up throughout the terrain wherever possible, maybe build yourself an army of specters or enlist the help of a friend.

4 hours ago, Salty_Tattie said:

it feels like to do this MASTERY RANK 5 QUEST that I need to be bringing MR 10 gear

Mastery Rank means pretty much nothing, you can use MK-1 gear and still breeze through the fight, it's your Mods (and experience) that count.

"it's your Mods (and experience) that count." Yeah, I looked up their weaknesses and have min maxed my weapons and stuff to the best I can with my current mods in order to capitalise on their weakness', they still have beaten me mostly because lack of ammo.

" maybe build yourself an army of specres or enlist the help of a friend." I am building spectres but it takes hours to build them and as for friends it is a solo-only quest. I haven't unlocked the simulacrum yet, and I am not a masochist so I would rather not fight them unless I am getting something out of it. As for shooting I constantly lose because I run out of ammo due to how many of them there are and how much health they have. I just got it down to 4 but I had run out of spectres and was forced to use melee, if you get into their melee range for more than a second they stun-lock and insta-kill you. Rhino is a nice counter to this, until you realise that they don't drop enough energy for you to spam the armour that denies stuns. I got it to 4 and I had almost killed most of them but on one of my passing slide strikes they managed to hit me and they just stun-locked me and I couldn't escape. instantly from full to zero on my last life.

4 hours ago, Salty_Tattie said:

it is a solo-only quest

I think you just need to get someone who is on the same stage on the quest as you/has a sacred urn equipped. I managed to get help with the last stage, but the dude who helped me had to have the urn in their inventory. What weapons and frames do you have?

So, out of curiosity, I did some testing in the Simulacrum*, and ... yeah okay, those Tomb Guardians do seem a bit strong
when taking into account the average power level players would have if they did the Quest ASAP.

*(BTW, don't forget to scan 'em)

FWIW, what I found most effective was a hit-and-run approach using strong single-hit weapons (e.g. Hek / Dread),
use the terrain to your advantage, roll and bullet jump, hide and use a Health / Ammo Restore if needed.
Being in the open too long with a full-auto weapon is likely gonna get you nailed with a rock barrage
(and getting into Melee range is indeed asking to be stunlocked, so ... don't do that lol).

There's also CC abilities, e.g. Radial Blind, while it doesn't keep them stunned in place, makes them not attack for a bit
and Gara's Spectrorage actually made them lose interest in me completely, letting me leasurely pop them without need for cover.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Hek but the thing was I only just now got a hell's chamber, doing it with no multi-shot is a pain in the ass. Oh and the only time I have beaten stalker on this account he gave me a crappy mod, not a dread. Thing is the stalker has been doing that perma-invisible glitch every time I thought him. It was a relief to get pounded by the shadow stalker because at least I can see him.