Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva survival

maxximuxx

Can you please do a rework on kuva survival

Theres no point on doing endless kuva 

If the rewards are the same if we stay 5/10/60min

Please make a way that the kuva harvester escalates the amount of kuva extracted as the time passes 

Or decress they kuva costs

Cause it takes ex:30min to get 5k kuva no booster 

10k with booster

At a cost of 3.5 a roll for 10roll riven

Its absurd 

This is literaly making us spend plat just to farm kuva

If you all agreed with me replly here or like my post

Edited by maxximuxx

The take is so low that it's not even worth bothering in all honesty. Pound for pound time investment, you'll net far more from basic kuva runs and kuva floods than these missions produce and with the kicker that you're not bound by the much harder to maintain survival requirement. We've called for scaling since they launched and DE has said that they don't support long endless runs, but kuva survival is just useless. Even spamming out plains bounties is probably more efficient than this.

I don't agree with this, I literally JUST found out I can play survival and harvest Kuva.
I LOVE survival *Rhino Main btw*
ENDLESS MURDER AND THE CRUSHING OF GRINEER BONES MAKE RHINO HAPPY *PRESSES 3*

so for there to be a mode where I can massacre and Collect Kuva? I'm fine with these rates, I've played it a fair bit and intend to make it my new goal to go as long as I can in there without life support.

Since that's always my goal anyway, 49 minutes current best.

55 minutes ago, Convictohell said:

I'm fine with these rates, I've played it a fair bit and intend to make it my new goal to go as long as I can in there without life support.

Since that's always my goal anyway, 49 minutes current best.

Problem with that. The entire point and intention was to give a proper source of kuva in the kuva fortress. The kuva gain rates are mathematically abysmally low compared to uses that are required on average. If you're going for survival time, that's fine. However, that can be done in literally any survival mission. Kuva survival is supposed to be about the kuva. That's why it's in the name.

7 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Problem with that. The entire point and intention was to give a proper source of kuva in the kuva fortress. The kuva gain rates are mathematically abysmally low compared to uses that are required on average. If you're going for survival time, that's fine. However, that can be done in literally any survival mission. Kuva survival is supposed to be about the kuva. That's why it's in the name.

What? that makes no sense.
200 Kuva for doing nothing every 60 - 120 seconds or so.
Is it not easy enough for you?
Is it unsustainable compared to kuva siphon or flood?
I don't understand it's not like it's the ONLY way to get kuva.
Hey why don't we make it so you can get clusters of 300 neurodes at the start of the game,
clusters of 300 Plastids halfway through the game.
I'm sorry but if you want good mods, you have to work for it, you can't just have it easy because it's too hard for you to sit there and farm for an hour.

Let's say you get one life support capsule every 5 minutes. Let's just.. say for now ok?
If you do survival for an hour, and you get the maximum kuva from one capsule every time that's 2400 for an hour, FOR FOUR PEOPLE.
and you can do that as many times as you want, you don't have to bank on sorties or sit and wait for another flood.
Heck you could do 20 minutes and then leave rejoin for best efficiency compared to enemy levels and still get 800 kuva for free and some relics and mods.
Not to mention some of the most valuable mods can come from things there.
I've never even SEEN a Venka Prime stance mod.
Guess where you can get that? Kuva powerfists 😄

you can just drag some of your friends or clannies along, or type LFG Kuva Survival in recruit chat and 3 people to grab a free, effortless 2400 kuva.

I'm sorry but this post is lazy people wanting things for free.

9 hours ago, Convictohell said:

What? that makes no sense.
200 Kuva for doing nothing every 60 - 120 seconds or so.
Is it not easy enough for you?
Is it unsustainable compared to kuva siphon or flood?
I don't understand it's not like it's the ONLY way to get kuva.
Hey why don't we make it so you can get clusters of 300 neurodes at the start of the game,
clusters of 300 Plastids halfway through the game.
I'm sorry but if you want good mods, you have to work for it, you can't just have it easy because it's too hard for you to sit there and farm for an hour.

Let's say you get one life support capsule every 5 minutes. Let's just.. say for now ok?
If you do survival for an hour, and you get the maximum kuva from one capsule every time that's 2400 for an hour, FOR FOUR PEOPLE.
and you can do that as many times as you want, you don't have to bank on sorties or sit and wait for another flood.
Heck you could do 20 minutes and then leave rejoin for best efficiency compared to enemy levels and still get 800 kuva for free and some relics and mods.
Not to mention some of the most valuable mods can come from things there.
I've never even SEEN a Venka Prime stance mod.
Guess where you can get that? Kuva powerfists 😄

you can just drag some of your friends or clannies along, or type LFG Kuva Survival in recruit chat and 3 people to grab a free, effortless 2400 kuva.

I'm sorry but this post is lazy people wanting things for free.

You are stating that IN AN HOUR, while running at maximum efficiency, you can net 2400 kuva. Yet with a Smeeta Kavat you can net about that and more if you're running with a booster on a kuva flood. Even running on regular missions you can net a solid 700+ and assuming you didn't get stuck with a mission type like survival, you can run most of those in under 5 min and if you did get sur it's still a minimum of 5 min. Running even a half the time you're saying to invest in the one mission type will still net you more than double what you're arguing for. That's not lazy. That's effective use of time and resources rather than wasting twice as much time for less than one roll on a riven after 7 rolls.

What's more, this is all measured in light of the actual average cost of use and especially on the RNG hole that are rivens. After 9 rolls, you're looking at the capped 3,500 per roll. In my experience with rivens, the average is going to be about 5-7 rolls to get acceptable stats and more than 12+ to get good stats. That is of course barring sheer luck in getting the stats you want/need to make the weapon in question work well/the way you want it. 200 kuva per pod is a joke compared to the sheer costs they've set for the collective market.

For what you're running for numbers, I can spend the excess time running relic farms and runs for parts to sell so I can buy boosters AND I can also make more than double with that Smeeka present as well. Even running with those, it's nothing compared to the wall of 30+ rivens that I have on hand with 25 of them being at a status that I'm actively rolling them.

8 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

You are stating that IN AN HOUR, while running at maximum efficiency, you can net 2400 kuva. Yet with a Smeeta Kavat you can net about that and more if you're running with a booster on a kuva flood.

Well ok then why not take a Smeeta Kavat and run flood?
Which again defeats the point of the post?

1 hour ago, Convictohell said:

Well ok then why not take a Smeeta Kavat and run flood?
Which again defeats the point of the post?

Smeeta gives you a small timer for double with each harvester takes ex 60 sec so you have a small rng change to get a booster fron 200 to 400

Witch is just a joke 

If the point was a surv kuva at least give a increass drop after 30/40 min runs if not that mission is useless compared to syphons witxh spwan all the time 

And for people who have like 80 rivens to cycle at 3500 per roll its just absurd either you spend plat for a new one and stsrt over or just keep grinding and grinding for all eternity on kuva

I not saying that i dont like the kuva surv kuz i love it just like you for the fact of murdering grineer all im saying that it needs a rework for time/reward ratio for longer runs thats all

Just Like it is in relic runs

Edited by maxximuxx

An ex is that after you stay like 30 min you get a ressource booster like on relic runs or or a smal increass like from 200-250 after 30 min and 250-300 after 60 im not asking for them to go from 200 to 500 or something like that just make the surv more rewarding thats all

Edited by maxximuxx

47 minutes ago, maxximuxx said:

An ex is that after you stay like 30 min you get a ressource booster like on relic runs or or a smal increass like from 200-250 after 30 min and 250-300 after 60 im not asking for them to go from 200 to 500 or something like that just make the surv more rewarding thats all

Problem is that increasing and/or scaling the amount of kuva gained per pod would have to increase to make it more rewarding. You can already earn those same boosters running endless missions on fissures and get lucky/unlucky to earn them on sorties. Again, running fissures so you can buy the booster is a more efficient and valuable use of time until a point that the kuva survival pods get tweaked and harshly to at least match the same time sink as what we can pull running siphons. And again, even when faced with multiple rolls at 3,500, the siphons with boosters mean very little over all.

Case in point, working on another Lenz riven that I'm facing 3,500 on per roll just to try and get good working stats for it. Sure I could sell it, but it's worth a small fraction of what it can be sold for if it has even a half decent combination of good working stats. In fact, trying to sell it after more than 8 rolls devalues most rivens if they still have junk stats on them.

1 hour ago, Cortanis said:

Problem is that increasing and/or scaling the amount of kuva gained per pod would have to increase to make it more rewarding. You can already earn those same boosters running endless missions on fissures and get lucky/unlucky to earn them on sorties. Again, running fissures so you can buy the booster is a more efficient and valuable use of time until a point that the kuva survival pods get tweaked and harshly to at least match the same time sink as what we can pull running siphons. And again, even when faced with multiple rolls at 3,500, the siphons with boosters mean very little over all.

Case in point, working on another Lenz riven that I'm facing 3,500 on per roll just to try and get good working stats for it. Sure I could sell it, but it's worth a small fraction of what it can be sold for if it has even a half decent combination of good working stats. In fact, trying to sell it after more than 8 rolls devalues most rivens if they still have junk stats on them.

Exacly my point kuva surv until tweeks is nothing more like a 60/100 lvl slaughter house with litle kuva reward

Its easyer to farm plat buy a booster and do syphons

But what I'm saying is the following:
1: There are people who enjoy how it is now, why endorse messing around with it?

2: You're complaining that you either have to grind for it or pay for it in a game where all we do is grind.

On 2018-07-19 at 9:00 AM, maxximuxx said:

And for people who have like 80 rivens to cycle at 3500 per roll its just absurd either you spend plat for a new one and stsrt over or just keep grinding and grinding for all eternity on kuva

3: There are other faster ways to get Kuva already, what you're asking for is to make them like it, if you want it increased to 250 play for 30 minutes and increase it to 250 or something.
if not go play Kuva flood and do your daily SORTIE because ultimately no matter what you get out of SORTIE, you can't really go "uuugh AGAIN?" Like I do with the 4k Kuva or whatever. I don't cycle rivens yet and I've played the game for a year now nearly.
I'm in no rush, why are you?
guaranteed you're complaining at the kuva cost because you want to cycle them to soemthing sellable. And if that's the case you're earning free plat by playing a game you enjoy.

I'm sorry man I wish I could see it from your point of view but I just can't. It makes no sense.

What you just said makes all your coments null

If You didnt even cycle rivens yet how can you even know how absurd and painfull it is

Im already a 4 years and half player 

Have more than 120 weapons on inventory and probably more than 40 rivens who need cycle and half of them are over 10 rolls (3.5k) kuva per roll now you do the math

1hour exp 13kto15k kuva with booster and kavat if lucky to do just 3to4 fk rolls thats a joke

Now add the fact that i only play 4 to 5 hours dally

Witch makes my point of the post either lower the costs or incress the gain

And bessides my question does not even remotly modifies anything to the joy of killing in the kuva run

The entire post is for a fix to the time/reward ratio

Your comments so far didnt make no sense at all

And you last one is the cherry on top man

someone who doesnt do cycle came here talking trash to a post about the costs and hardness that it is to get kuva for rivens

If i didnt see i wouldnt belive it thats was just rich XD

As someone who does roll Rivens and keenly understands the pains of 3500 Kuva per roll...

Kuva Survival is fine.

There's no point? It's fun; that's the point.

I would much rather (even at a minor Kuva deficit) do longer runs of Kuva Survival than cheese my way through a Flood or run siphons repeatedly.

If Kuva acquisition is what matters most to you, go run Siphons/Floods.

Warframe is a game. It is meant to be played for fun. Not everything has to be the "optimal" way if doing things to be worthwhile.

• 1 month later...

Kuva survival is just about the most efficient way you can play the game in terms of grinding resources and still have fun. You get Kuva, its Greneer so you can easily level weapons in your off slots, it rewards relics, a single run can max out your syndicate standing for the day and you can farm some decent focus as well. There are plenty of groups even during weekdays, there is no need for a pre-set group or a specific frame and even the average pug can usually do at least 20min. With a half decent group you can push to 40min and make it a bit interesting/challenging as well. It would be AWESOME if there was at least a little bit of scaling for the kuva but even without it its still some of the best Warframe has to offer. The map is annoying the first couple of runs but its very nice once you get used to it. The top of the base (outside portion) is probably the worst but once you get inside orientation is easy, spawns are plentiful, pathing is fine and keeping up life support is not much of an issue.

EDIT forgot to mention - I would DEFINITELY love to see a couple more Kuva survival maps. Or Archwing Kuva defense/survival might be something fun to try for end game players.

Edited by yasensn

Well, with kavat and booster its like 10-15k per 30 minutes (with some luck). You can stay for a hour without realy challenging yourself if you kill enemies realy fast or have some nekros\atlas\hydroid to spawn more O2. There is no real reason to do long runs for kuva, nobody get hurt if each next kuva station gona give +5% more kuva, so at 20 its gona give double the amount. So you can even find a good squad for it, so you can stay for 2 or even 3 hours. Especialy when you need something like 300k kuva to roll one good riven at times.

Edited by miomima

• 4 weeks later...

It doe need a boost. you are basically forced to run a booster to get decent kuva. With no other resource is this really the case. The reason is because you have to use so much kuva but you earn so little. You can buy a booster and farm any resource religiously for 3 days and be set for months but not kuva, not even close. 100k kuva poof gone like that. And farming 100k will take a day (not literally) .

With just a booster and no smeeta you'll get around 17K kuva per hour there.  On console it's better then siphons if you can stay there as loading in and out of siphons over and over cuts into your farming time, not sure on PC.  Flood is definitely the best though in terms of quantity gained.  If I were to propose a way to scale the rewards in endless missions it would be after each rotation C reward/20 minutes in survival you'd get a boost in the kuva dropped by the extractor by, say, 25% kind of like void fissures endless rewards scaling up to a maximum of 100%.  Then it would be the best place to get kuva if you stayed long enough and it would actually encourage people to endurance run more.  Right now though if you're rolling something that costs 3500 to roll though it gives you 5 rolls per hour, and getting 5 crappy rolls when it comes to rivens is spectacularly easy.  

• 3 weeks later...

I just stayed in a 60 minute Kuva survival with 4 random players. After 30 minutes, one guy stayed at the extract until life support ran out and we had to leave. Three out of 4 of us were waiting at extract for at least 10 minutes for this douchebag to walk a few steps to extract but he refused to and he kept having his sentinel revive him until we failed the mission. This is bs to the highest degree and needs to be fixed ASAP! I shouldn’t have to fail a mission and lose all the damn kuva I farmed for a whole hour because some #$&(% wants to be toxic and make everyone lose because he couldn’t leave early. Please make it to where we can leave without all 4 people! And make it to where people can leave by themselves if they want to. This made me so pissed! It’s hard enough trying to get measles amounts of kuva with a booster and karat, but now we have people like this completely ruining the mission!!!!!!