Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Syrtis (Mars) Alert

Irasho

The Alert Mission for Syrtis (Mars) right now seems way too difficult.

Even with the help of three veteran players and everyone dishing out damage all the time, the mission could not be completed.

I do not know what parameters are used to create these missions, but this specific one was completely bonkers. Enemies were spawning faster than they could be destroyed. Usually Alert missions are challenging, compared to their regular counterparts. This mission was ranked Level 21-26 and was way beyond any other mission I have played so far in terms of difficulty.

To be clear, there was no "weird bug" that made it more difficult for a single time. It was this bad for all five attempts made.

2 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Veterans my @$$.

Thank you for your insight.

While it is certainly subjective as of when someone may be considered a veteran, mastery rank and mastered equipment seemed like a good indicator to me so far. It was what I based my assessment on.

And to be clear, I did not describe myself as a veteran but the three players I tried the mission with. I am no veteran at all.

I looked into that mission and it's both a Nightmare and Archwing. It was already difficult for new players since it's a nightmare and since there's not a lot of places to progress in Archwing their gear is also weak. Players that are unable to complete this alert are not ready for it.

Edited by NekroArts

1 minute ago, Xeluze said:

I seem to be doing fine in that Alert

Though not quite as many, the teams I played with got a similar amounts of kills in total, but a bit more distributed among players.

The problem in every attempt was not so much that the enemies were too hard, but that they were so numerous that they could still approach the satellite and damage it because we couldn't get them all down in time.

Did your satellite remain undamaged and how badly was it damaged?

Compared to any other mission I have played so far and considering the mode of the mission, it was by far the hardest. And since there is barely any tactical element with Archwing missions compared to ground missions, as it is ultimately just a shooting gallery, it did seem off by quite a lot to me.

From the squad chat it seemed like it was not just to me that it seemed off. I haven't had teams complain in chat a lot so far. With this Alert, I have.

4 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

I looked into that mission and it's both a Nightmare and Archwing. It was already difficult for new players since it's a nightmare and since there's not a lot of places to progress in Archwing their gear is also weak. Players that are unable to complete this alert are not ready for it.

Yes, it was a Nightmare mission. I forgot to mention that.

I can only agree that Archwings are harder to progress and that this does spike up the difficulty. But when I can kill the enemies with a roughly one second burst and reacquire the next target within another second, this does seem like a reasonable initial position to me.

Usually Nightmare missions are doable even when the team is badly disposed to take on the task, though it's often tedious with many revives involved. In this case there was barely any reviving needed and people were focused on defending the satellites which is more than I have in other games.

Sure, our failure to complete this alert shows we were not ready for it. But considering the parameters of the alert and the teams, compared to other nightmare missions we should have succeeded.

My feedback is solely intended to communicate, that this Alert mission seemed like the worst in terms of balance I have experienced so far.

Just now, SpacewalkerX said:

should probably use a defensive archwing, like amesha. The satelite probably wont take damage then.

I will try that if I can the next time I have a similar mission to complete. It would attest to the significantly higher difficulty of the mission though, if the loadout of the team had to be specifically adapted to the mission.

Not that I mind if that's the way to do it. I am sure that with high level missions this is normal. So far however, I have only played with random strangers who all played whatever they wanted and somehow we always got things to work. Even if the mission was ranked a higher level and was nightmare mode as well.

With this mission not a single group I was with could complete the mission.

But I will hopefully be better prepared next time.

41 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

there's not a lot of places to progress in Archwing

I mean, there's an infinite amount of opportunities to run Archwing missions and add mastery rank to the gear. It's just that Archwing gameplay is less fun than gouging your own eyes out with a salt-encrusted spork, causing everyone to avoid playing it unless absolutely necessary.

11 minutes ago, Irasho said:

Yes, it was a Nightmare mission. I forgot to mention that.

I can only agree that Archwings are harder to progress and that this does spike up the difficulty. But when I can kill the enemies with a roughly one second burst and reacquire the next target within another second, this does seem like a reasonable initial position to me.

Usually Nightmare missions are doable even when the team is badly disposed to take on the task, though it's often tedious with many revives involved. In this case there was barely any reviving needed and people were focused on defending the satellites which is more than I have in other games.

Sure, our failure to complete this alert shows we were not ready for it. But considering the parameters of the alert and the teams, compared to other nightmare missions we should have succeeded.

My feedback is solely intended to communicate, that this Alert mission seemed like the worst in terms of balance I have experienced so far.

Under the assumption that the entire team was using Odonata, on paper you guys should have been able to defend the objective decently; Odonata has a shield and an AOE knockback abilities. How much did the team use them?