Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a weapon unique to a clan

Kane_Legion

On 2018-07-18 at 5:14 AM, KanesLegion said:

I also meant that unique to a clan but every clan can have one the design of the weapon is different but the idea is for a clan to come together & build something & as I said it does not have to be a weapon.........😛

I do see one problem with this idea:  If this unique Item or Weapon has an in-game model, it will require DE artists to create Mesh and Texture assets for it.  Not only that, if this were a weapon intended to be functional, it would also need extra mapping for animation, hit box recognition, mods, mastery rank, stances, and lore book.  This will be an ungodly amount of work because there are probably more than a hundred thousand Clans in warframe.  DE would never ever entertain this idea, and they would be insane to.  

DE already allows Clans to design custom Clan Emblems for projection and display over every member's shoulders.  This does not require Meshes to be created, it's merely a transparent texture projection.  Your best alternative is to request DE to allow Clan Emblem texture projection off the hilts of certain weapons as well.  

Edited by AlMcFly

On 2018-07-18 at 1:33 PM, (XB1)motionROTATION said:

I don’t dislike the idea. A glyph or sigilmigjy br a better idea though (something without mastery).  Or a syndana with the clan emblem. Or one of those Japanese back-flags with the emblem. 

Then you can show pride without someone at the top of a clan choosing something you don’t want. 

Would love a Back Flag syandana!

I am actually surprised everyone is getting so offensive here. Its just an idea for a clan weapon that we have not even fully discussed. Yes its easy to poke holes in any plan, maybe you should try recommending patches for those holes. like the weapon could come with a reactor preinstalled and with some polarities already on it. Maybe you can gain clan standing and get access to a clan weapon slot as a reward and could spend more standing to get more slots. how about polarizing the weapons how you want buy bringing that weapon to the clan weapon shop and spending some standing? Honestly clans need something more than just another resource dump and glorified shopping mall.

6 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

If this unique Item or Weapon has an in-game model, it will require DE artists to create Mesh and Texture assets for it.  Not only that, if this were a weapon intended to be functional, it would also need extra mapping for animation, hit box recognition, mods, mastery rank, stances, and lore book

Yes a clan specific item would not be an easy thing to implement due to the amount of assets needed, interface for construction, and  creating the mesh for all the parts. Though from a lore point they really would not need to make anything I mean its just a propaganda item that is all the lore I think it really needs. That and maybe a more warframe sounding name. It would be possible that they could reuse the zaw building interface for creating this item and the modding could just fallow the same schema. 

8 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

I do see one problem with this idea:  If this unique Item or Weapon has an in-game model, it will require DE artists to create Mesh and Texture assets for it.  Not only that, if this were a weapon intended to be functional, it would also need extra mapping for animation, hit box recognition, mods, mastery rank, stances, and lore book.  This will be an ungodly amount of work because there are probably more than a hundred thousand Clans in warframe.  DE would never ever entertain this idea, and they would be insane to.  

DE already allows Clans to design custom Clan Emblems for projection and display over every member's shoulders.  This does not require Meshes to be created, it's merely a transparent texture projection.  Your best alternative is to request DE to allow Clan Emblem texture projection off the hilts of certain weapons as well.  

If we are talking about weapon you would build it like a Zaw actuly Item ship cosmetics would be built like a Zaw with 3 or more parts So that no one would have the same thing

Edited by KanesLegion

14 minutes ago, KanesLegion said:

If we are talking about weapon you would build it like a Zaw actuly Item ship cosmetics would be built like a Zaw with 3 or more parts So that no one would have the same thing

Technically some Clan somewhere will have the same Zaw as you, it just might be custom named different.  Just having a different name doesn't make it that unique.  With the current Zaw system we have right now, there are only 1,760 unique combinations.  Out of more than 100,000 Clans, somebody will have the same Zaw as you, unless you are asking DE to build a much bigger Zaw system closed off within the clan system with more combinations than we currently have.  If that were the case, it's even less likely.

Look, I'm not against the idea.  It sounds cool.  The only thing I said is that it isn't likely to happen in my opinion.  You are definitely free to ask DE though.  You never know, right?

On 2018-07-18 at 7:37 PM, KanesLegion said:

If its such a bad Idea why comment ?

Because people will voice that it is a bad idea to let the community know they dont agree with it, because if no one replied it was bad then the only people that would post would be the few that were okay with it, thus making it look like a good idea instead.

Frankly there isn't much that could be made "unique" in the game that isn't user-submitted (like the emblems we already have). Weapons are a huge part of the game, followed by the frames themselves (which I could never see DE making a modular version of), cosmetics, pets, etc. Weapons are the largest category so a kit set would work sure, but not as something where you have to make one build of a kit weapon and thats the only one you can get out of the set from that clan. It would be a bit of a wasted system as a whole when so few people can experience the breadth of the system, just a small piece of it unless they swap clans.

Glyphs are basically the same as the emblem, just in a spray. A clan glyph would be just spraying the emblem around, which Id be totally behind.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

7 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Because people will voice that it is a bad idea to let the community know they dont agree with it, because if no one replied it was bad then the only people that would post would be the few that were okay with it, thus making it look like a good idea instead.

Frankly there isn't much that could be made "unique" in the game that isn't user-submitted (like the emblems we already have). Weapons are a huge part of the game, followed by the frames themselves (which I could never see DE making a modular version of), cosmetics, pets, etc. Weapons are the largest category so a kit set would work sure, but not as something where you have to make one build of a kit weapon and thats the only one you can get out of the set from that clan. It would be a bit of a wasted system as a whole when so few people can experience the breadth of the system, just a small piece of it unless they swap clans.

Glyphs are basically the same as the emblem, just in a spray. A clan glyph would be just spraying the emblem around, which Id be totally behind.

Its just a little fun idea I had I really don't think they can or will add something like this anytime soon

Honestly, I could see this working as a clan research weapon that's always gonna have the same stats, but would be customizeable in appearance.  So for example, it'll always be a nikana or greatsword or whatever with X, Y, and Z damage, and it would have a basic form, but the clan would get to choose various visual elements like default colors, sashes, scabbards, particle effects, etc.  If you leave the clan, you get the keep the weapon, but it becomes the default, dull, no-frills appearance until you join another clan that's done the research and set up their own customizations.

EDIT:  I just had another thought--you could actually let the clan pick an element to put on the weapon as well.  Then, when an event comes up, a clan can help their clanmates who maybe don't have access to as much gear/mods by changing the element on the weapon to whatever might be helpful during that event.

Edited by AhziDahaka