Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Rep For The Game

syle

Let me just start off by saying that I do love the game.

However you can see that most comments on you tube when it comes to this game tend to describe it as p2w

problem of course are the reactors and formas

to silence this  you should consider adding a blueprint to your store for reactors and formas

with that addition no one can say warframe is p2w

how to calculate the price - lets take a successful example of a f2p model - league of legends

new champion in lol costs around 6300 , average gain of ip is around 90 (120 a win 60 for a loss or so)

so it would take 70 matches to unlock new champion ,average void t3 run gives around 70k gold

and you would need around 70 runs to get 5000000 credits ,

adding a 3 buyable recipes 5 mil credits each for orokin catalyst , orokin reactor and forma would most likely silence any of the p2w arguments

of course than you have to gather the mats and craft them so buying them for plat is way more convenient

I bet this topic have been discussed on the forum before , but a discussion is always a good thing

from my point of view this gives a good reason to grind for credits and adds longevity to the game

Edited by syle

5m credits? Im not sure what kind of meds your taknig but warframe is for the most part a CASUAL game. no one is going to sit there and farm 5m credits to buy something that they can login and get, or get from alerts. If I was to be told 5m credits for a bp of a forma or catalyst, i would actually pay money then spend SUCh an amount of time doing so. You'd need to farm countless t3 voids to get that kinda cash. Maybe like 1m or even 500k for a bp. Its still steep but its casual.

no I didn't :P)

I also think that rng is a bad direction for end game - ask anyone who loved diablo 2 and played diablo 3

ppl need a solid direction to aim for to stay hooked with the game

Edited by syle

The thing that I feel that is going amiss in these sort of suggestions is that Orikin reactors are in no way needed to succeed in Warframe. I have every non prime Warframe available and only 2 have a reactor in them as they are the ones I most enjoy. The rest I still use, and can easily hold their own in any mission regardless of difficulty.

Forma is pretty easily and freely obtained via void missions, which I'll remind you require keys that are also freely obtained. I will say that reactors aren't as easy to come by as they are only by alerts and Livestreams but again, they can be obtained without spending money.

Money being spent in Warframe has always been about convenience, getting things quickly, not necessity.

Edited by Haldos

those who cry p2w need more patience. Wither that or get plat. I've never rushed a frame or bought one, nor have i bought weapons via plat. I just wait and farm. I bough several potatoes and forma since i potatoed each frame and put forma on my favorite weapons.

we got seven forma just farming void today so... i i had patience i could just wait lol.

no I didn't :P)

I also think that rng is a bad direction for end game - ask anyone who loved diablo 2 and played diablo 3

ppl need a solid direction to aim for to stay hooked with the game

I played D2 a lot the thing that was fun was the leveling and hoping for the right drop or getting the parts to make a guaranteed good item. But the dropped item was always better in the end.

Diablo 3 just makes me sigh at Blizzard. Played it and the game is a lot harder with the same RNG system but with very little way to create your own stuff combined with a Mana/cool-down system hybrid. When I played it, it didn't feel like a Diablo game, as I have played D1.

Sure that'll make those items more accessible but it is still completely f2p imo. You're able to get everything in the game regardless of platinum, it just takes more time. That's one of the reasons I love this game, can't really be a wallet warrior. Anything (if not everything) bought with plat. is for conveniences and aesthetics.

Sure that'll make those items more accessible but it is still completely f2p imo. You're able to get everything in the game regardless of platinum, it just takes more time. That's one of the reasons I love this game, can't really be a wallet warrior. Anything (if not everything) bought with plat. is for conveniences and aesthetics.

Everything can be eventually, some items get released before their blueprints meaning normal players are forced to wait.

lol?

unless people are blind or being lied to, i really dont see how people can come to that conclusion.

I know. But every F2P lately can be seen as P2W by outsiders recently. But usually paying just speeds progress up. People need to realize it's Pay to get Better Faster not Pay to Win.

Although, one can argue that Paying to get Better faster leads to less skill meaning it levels itself out.

Edited by Jefftiffy

The game isnt pay to win. It simply gives an option to "fast track" to get new items for people with a busy life that cant sit and farm all day on the computer. Like take me for example. So far I am about 50/50 split. I have farmed to get bout half of my warframes and weapons and the other half I have made a depo for plat to just outright buy them. I have a busy schedule that doesnt let me sit for hours on end to farm for all the shiny new toys all the time.

Anyone can get everything in this game but simply waiting for the alerts and a little farming for mats. (minus colors and few additions for the sentinals however thats not near game breaking)

Just my thoughts.......

But every F2P lately can be seen as P2W by outsiders recently.

so then, the problem is not that warframe is doing something wrong, but that people are too derp to be able to look into things even slightly? cause we all know if one game does something one way, then all other games have to do it the same as them too right?

sadly, that sounds about right.

excuse me while i go fly to another planet, cause i dont want to live on this one anymore...

You can get both for free via alerts and login rewards. In fact, you just missed a Forma alert a couple of hours ago.

but all of those things are by chance. you have to wait for an alert, which you can, and will most likely miss and the login reward has a wicked sense of humour of always giving you gun affinity

Can guarantee your comments from youtube are dingbats who haven't played the game for more than a couple of minutes.

That being said the solution seems pretty obvious to me...

Makes this S#&$ more accessible and easier to recognize.

Sure I had half a brain and actually discovered everything by, ya know, exploring around on my own, taking things into my own hands.

Unfortunately it seems most people are either too stupid or too lazy to do so.

Everything needs to be spelled out for them...

Nothing says you HAVE to keep your current frames and weapons. Can always trash them to free up space, :)

But if you like both of your frames and have their optimal builds you only have two extra slots for weapons and that's it.

Maybe we can make slots craft able in a way? You make an extra pod for your ship, and choose "Mount Pod" to add the slot. Or craft Weapon Racks and add a "Mount Weapon Rack".

Edited by Jefftiffy

Sure I had half a brain and actually discovered everything by, ya know, exploring around on my own, taking things into my own hands.

Unfortunately it seems most people are either too stupid or too lazy to do so.

Everything needs to be spelled out for them...

sad but true...

"i dont wanna live on this planet anymore" sums it up quite well imo.