Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty 5 Is Unviable For Solo Play.

DarknightK

I can easily solo anything (including T3 Void missions) except Defense, Mobile Defense, and Rescue.  With the right warframe, I can solo Defense (up to wave 10-15) and Mobile Defense.  Rescue is always a toss-up, mainly because of the terrible AI.  The dude will literally try to shield me from enemy fire with his face, or just get stuck in the terrain. 

You just need a better warframe and weapons.  Mag is by far the worst warframe in the game at the moment, and I wouldn't recommend Volt either.  If you want to do Defense missions, get a Vauban, Frost, or Nyx (or at the very least a Nova or Rhino).  Same for Mobile Defense.  For Rescue, use Nyx, Rhino, or Saryn.  If you want to farm assassination missions, use Loki, Ash, Banshee, Nova or Trinity.  For high level missions (at least until armor is revamped), use the Boltor, Kunai, and Orthos. 

Happy Hunting. 

The last 3 planets, Ceres, Eris and Pluto assume you have a potato on at least one weapon or that you have Serration/Hornet Strike above rank 5. If you don't have these power amplifiers, don't try and run the hardest content in the game. If you insist however, you can get away with an unpotatoed weapon provided you use a fairly strict build like max AP damage, maxed base damage and the rest spent on Bane of (x).

As for it being "unviable", beyond Mobile/Defense missions, every mission in the game is perfectly viable for solo play, I know because I run every non-defense alert that shows up and I've solo'd level 70-75 content with an Excalibur, Braton, Aklatos and a Skana Prime, all un-forma'd. 500 shield, 500 health. Serration at rank 5. You DO NOT need top tier weapons to solo high-end content. You DO NOT need maxed out Redirection or Serration. You DO NOT need the "god tier" 'frames. They do help, making it a hek of a lot easier, but contrary to the belief of certain forum goers, you won't need a Nyx and a forma'd Acrid to beat high end content.

Also, avoid crit mods on anything that isn't specifically designed for crits (check the wiki to find out what is and sn't) and use the AP mods where you can.

No it's not. I have a maxed out Rhino, Excalibur and I just finished an Ash, and Diff 5 missions can be rather brutal.

How can a level 5 difficulty mission be brutal for Rhino?  You've got thousands of net health and shields (with even level 5 Redirection and Vitality), and you can stun everyone in a large radius if you ever get into a tight spot (or just run away with Rhino Charge). 

umm solo mode has about a fourth to a third of the enemies of a group.

AHAHAHAHAHA it's like you never played solo mode.

I can't really tell if playing with more players has more enemies, but it's likely true. It's probably closer to 25% more from 1 to 4 players. It's not a huge difference if there is one.

Where am I getting my information? I have a clan, but I also enjoy running solo missions. Sometimes I am running them solo and clanmates want to join, so they do, and after a round, we do it again. I'll have around 200 kills on that map solo. That's if I even choose to kill everything. We'll run it again, same map, group of 4. The results screen lists kills distributed something like 40, 50, 40, 65. It's not one third or one fourth on solo. It's not.

No it's not. I have a maxed out Rhino, Excalibur and I just finished an Ash, and Diff 5 missions can be rather brutal.

Eh.. use dat Rhino !!!

With my rhino I can solo T3 mobile defense with just my melee weapon (which is pretty good tho.. 4 times forma'd and potato'd orthos prime). And I dont even try to take cover, just jumping on their face and melee...

What I want to say is, with Rhino you dont need top notch weapons. You can do it with average gear, you just need to be careful. With better gear you dont even need to be careful in most cases.

A maxed out rhino can solo nightmare mode, just carry a max Focus and Flow mod so you can always have the Iron Skin up and have spare to use Rhino Stomp. I finished a nightmare mission solo the reward was Blaze mod.

Streamline is better than Flow, since Flow is useless in energy drain. Also Rage mod helps a lot, though hard to find, even harder than multishot mods.

Since I can solo T3 defence with my Nyx using flux + acrid (both maxed out), I can't really say this game is even remotely hard ... let alone challenging or unviable as you say it.

EDIT: If you are wondering how,just max out chaos,absorb,stretch,focus,streamline, flow,redirection,continuity and constitution(?) or what was the name of the dual mod that gives knockdown resist + power duration, and when a wave starts,go near the pod,wait for them to start shooting at it,then use absorb,it should last for around 15 seconds while absorbing all damage done to the pod since the bubble is big enough.Then use Chaos and enjoy easy mode for T3 defence.

Edited by Sebastianx

A maxed out rhino can solo nightmare mode, just carry a max Focus and Flow mod so you can always have the Iron Skin up and have spare to use Rhino Stomp. I finished a nightmare mission solo the reward was Blaze mod.

Streamline is better than Flow, since Flow is useless in energy drain. Also Rage mod helps a lot, though hard to find, even harder than multishot mods.

247 hours on Warframe and I've got one Flow, and nothing else in terms of Focus like Mods.  Must be nice to be favoured by the RNG Gods.

Since I can solo T3 defence with my Nyx using flux + acrid (both maxed out), I can't really say this game is even remotely hard ... let alone challenging or unviable as you say it.

EDIT: If you are wondering how,just max out chaos,absorb,stretch,focus,streamline, flow,redirection,continuity and constitution(?) or what was the name of the dual mod that gives knockdown resist + power duration, and when a wave starts,go near the pod,wait for them to start shooting at it,then use absorb,it should last for around 15 seconds while absorbing all damage done to the pod since the bubble is big enough.Then use Chaos and enjoy easy mode for T3 defence.

Now use a frame that cannot mass CC,instant AoE,globe or bastille, as in Volt,Trinity,Ash,Excalibur(yes the AoE can be useless),Mag,Banshee(although I'll give you the CC part of her utli).

There are balanced missions for every "class" and play style and then there's Warframe. I'm not saying end game is impossibly difficult, but that it's not evenly difficult for everyone.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

247 hours on Warframe and I've got one Flow, and nothing else in terms of Focus like Mods.  Must be nice to be favoured by the RNG Gods.

I've got my first multishot (For shotgun, yeah) at 419th hour of play. Still, I haven't problems with shredding "end-game" content both with Rhino and Mag (Right hand advantage, rush and extensive pull as tool of escaping). They only nut uncracked in solo is t3def (t2def is challenging, but beatable, even before leveling fix).

Now use a frame that cannot mass CC,instant AoE,globe or bastille, as in Volt,Trinity,Ash,Excalibur(yes the AoE can be useless),Mag,Banshee(although I'll give you the CC part of her utli).

There are balanced missions for every "class" and play style and then there's Warframe. I'm not saying end game is impossibly difficult, but that it's not evenly difficult for everyone.

This is true, but you're only talking about one type of mission.  If you try to take on a challenging boss in most MMOs with only DPS characters, you're not going to succeed either.  Just like most MMOs, Warframe punishes players for choosing choosing classes which are ill-fitted to particular tasks. 

Trinity is a support frame: she's not supposed to be a good soloer (even though she can tank any boss at the moment due to Link).  Ash is a boss-killer and survivalist.  That's his entire job and function, and he is good at it.  Excalibur isn't really supposed to excel at anything, as he is an all-rounder.  He isn't terrible at defense, but on higher level solo defense missions you're gonna have a bad time.  Banshee is a boss-killing and stealth frame (albeit, a weird one), who can deal insane weapon damage.  Again, all of these classes have a niche (even if that niche is being decent at everything). 

That leaves Volt and Mag, who almost everyone agrees are woefully underpowered.  Hopefully they won't stay that way, but for now, 12 out of 14 classes are at least moderately good across the board.  That's not bad, all things considered (not ideal, granted, but not bad).