Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Question

so that's a question the player base really has looked at and thought about.

The end game kind of depends on what you want it to be. Complete the star map, complete the codex and the mod collection, perfectly forma and mod every weapon you want, farm as much platinum as you can, obtain and hold a copy of each weapon and warframe prime or otherwise. 

fashion frame really is so far argued as the one true end game. Now you can actively decorate your Orbitor, and you can decorate your Dojo, you've got so many things to do with Fashionframe. 

There's no endgame per se. There's no special content only the biggest badasses of the galaxy have access to.

Even the hardest content available (Sorties, Elite Onslaught, Arena/Index) won't tickle the hardcore players unless they go for extreme long runs.

So what you do at the "end of the game" (having leveled anything you can level, unlocked the whole focus wheel, got a nice collection of deadly riven mods and all the Arcane Mods etc.) is up to you.

My typical Warframe day as MR25 while waiting for new content looks mostly like this:
- get a Forma, build a Forma
- check alerts for Orokin Catalyst/Nitain/event missions
- do the daily Sortie
- do fast missions for my two allied Syndicates (capture, rescue, exterminate, sabotage)
- (get the missing daily Syndicate points)
- (sell Syndicate Weapons every 3-5 days)
- (sell abundant Riven Mods)
- Log out

Sometimes I try old weapons when I find a Riven for it (Dispo 3-5 only) or check out the new Tennogen as we know FashionTM is the real endgame.

Edited by Toran

Currently I'd consider end game pushing things to the limits with frames and weapons, but that's always really been the case.
Applying them to situations you dictate is really endgame IMO. Solo Onslaught, Maxing MR, Solo Hydra, John Prodman solo etc etc. These things aren't lofty goals by any means, just something to push yourself with once you've reached "That level" with mods and kits.

Hell you could even begin theory crafting and see just how broken you could make something in ways it wasn't meant to be played.

Tbh, I'd love something silly, kinda pointless but totally worth bragging rites much like the classic Cow level from Diablo. (That'd be a better place to stick peculiar mods as rewards imo) Essentially just a highscore mode meant to test the player, not the frame unlike Onslught and going back to the days of those T3 tower survivals. An Arcade mode meant to ramp up and crush you, not test your min maxing damage output over time. Just shoot the doods until you get stomped and collect your rewards. Simple, fun, endless, replayable. Maybe the Corpus could bet on you rather than you betting on yourself and you get a cut for the longer you survive? Idk, trying to think "In universe"
But at this point I think that's wishful thinking on my part. 

Edit:: To add, something like a simple endless option that only scores you on kills and time would be a constant go to for the bored or those wanting to test things. You'd get a real tangible sense of how far you've come over time much like those old survivals in the void. As a new player I thought it was INSANE that someone could last an hour in there but once I reached that point it was an awesome feeling and I really wanted to keep pushing past it more and more as a score junkie. It was beyond satisfying to see the time creep up with each new forma and mod. Now you just... get swole and go shoot a thing until it dies then leave. It's nice but doesn't have that "One more time" vibe that makes me push myself as a player for a shot at ten more minutes than last time. It's things like this that make CoD Zombies so damned popular in the first place and Arcade modes within games like DOOM so endlessly fun. "Next time I can do better". To me that's what the game is missing after the change to the Void.

Edited by RetroNomad

The best part of Warframe's endgame is it gets to be whatever you want it to be.

The worst part of endgame is it's whatever you want it to be.

It definitely appeals to a wide range of players that they can go as far as they want in the game and be satisfied with how far they've gotten without necessarily doing the same thing as everyone else, but there is a certain stability behind having a tangible "this is the ENDGAME content" that everyone can work toward. Some content like Tridolon and certain endless missions can be pointed to for pushing the limits of your skill and equipment, but they still feel like stepping stones to content DE hasn't even released yet.

Edited by Beartornado

On 2018-07-24 at 12:33 AM, Toran said:

There's no endgame per se. There's no special content only the biggest badasses of the galaxy have access to.

Even the hardest content available (Sorties, Elite Onslaught, Arena/Index) won't tickle the hardcore players unless they go for extreme long runs.

So what you do at the "end of the game" (having leveled anything you can level, unlocked the whole focus wheel, got a nice collection of deadly riven mods and all the Arcane Mods etc.) is up to you.

My typical Warframe day as MR25 while waiting for new content looks mostly like this:
- get a Forma, build a Forma
- check alerts for Orokin Catalyst/Nitain/event missions
- do the daily Sortie
- do fast missions for my two allied Syndicates (capture, rescue, exterminate, sabotage)
- (get the missing daily Syndicate points)
- (sell Syndicate Weapons every 3-5 days)
- (sell abundant Riven Mods)
- Log out

Sometimes I try old weapons when I find a Riven for it (Dispo 3-5 only) or check out the new Tennogen as we know FashionTM is the real endgame.

I just hit MR16 and have never done a sortie lol.. I’m too scared :(

On 2018-07-23 at 7:15 PM, zzzNitro said:

Pick a warframe you like, take it to insane levels of difficulty, post in the forums about it, get rejected for wasting your time on a useless frame, swallow sadness, pick a new frame, rinse and repeat.

I'm starting to realize the future path I'm going to be on. Ha! 

Now that i am mr 19 i think there is no endgame content, other than the daily grinds that i wouldn't say endgame content, because it is not challenging or meaningful enough to be called endgame content. Daily grinds are regular content that everyone can do, not endgame content. In your grind missions you either farm for resources or prime parts, endgame content should be something more grand and big. You could say that eidolons are endgame content, but that sucks big time due to day cycles in the plains which is problematic. Also by having maxed out mods and huge crit damage and crit chance rivens ruin the whole dungeon raid / raidbosses and regular boss fights, because they die too fast and the enemies don't tend to have counters for them, meaning that they can't be endgame content unless they were disabled or their effects were reduced for the boss battle. After a while for a veteran player the game starts to lack meaningful content because there is not enough replay value which makes the game dull and pointless in the very end.