Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible Nightmare Comboes

Llyssa

I know some nightmare mode mod comboes are VERY user unfriendly and have been removed from the game.

I'd like to suggest a new one to be banned:

No Shields+Double Damage+High Level Enemies.

My entire team was forced to quit when 4 lvl 130 grineer in a hallway sat there shooting us down. I thought it was doable, and used a revive to come back, and was killed AGAIN before the revive animation finished--I didn't even get to play, I was killed so fast.

I can't really qualify "you die so fast you don't get to play" as "challenge". It's just kind of lame, really.

I know some nightmare mode mod comboes are VERY user unfriendly and have been removed from the game.

I'd like to suggest a new one to be banned:

No Shields+Double Damage+High Level Enemies.

My entire team was forced to quit when 4 lvl 130 grineer in a hallway sat there shooting us down. I thought it was doable, and used a revive to come back, and was killed AGAIN before the revive animation finished--I didn't even get to play, I was killed so fast.

I can't really qualify "you die so fast you don't get to play" as "challenge". It's just kind of lame, really.

Welcome to artificial difficulty !

I feel your pain.

Considering that we currently have no way of determining what mutators will show up in a given Nightmare mission, we can't even properly prepare for what we're headed into.

Some of these punishing combos might be feasible, if we could at least see what we were heading into.

I had a similar situation with the Rendering Strike mod alert. No shields, Energy Drain, no health regen, AND most likely double damage. I died plenty of times before the revive animation even finished. One of those deaths I was killed straight up by one of those napalm grineer. No chance to go and revive me or anything, just straight up dead.

It was a miracle I managed to clear the alert; Shade sentinel with Ghost saved my arse with the sheer amount of mobs running about.

Edited by AkunoAyanokoji

I feel your pain.

Considering that we currently have no way of determining what mutators will show up in a given Nightmare mission, we can't even properly prepare for what we're headed into.

Some of these punishing combos might be feasible, if we could at least see what we were heading into.

I disagree. This is a co-op game. Division of labor makes preparing for anything possible. My only concern is power drain shutting down warframe abilities chosen as counters. Like in this case bringing Nyx, Frost or Loki on the team to take on enemies that do tons of ranged damage in case you pull an extra damage modifier. I've never tried four people with max energy siphon though, and that might negate power drain.

Edited by VKhaun

I'm fine with all the Nightmare conditions, no matter what the combination is, except the no energy/shields one. I just abort whenever I get that. Maybe they can make it half energy and health, and half energy from orbs.

Welcome to Nightmare Mode where you play a Rhino or don't bother.

Seriously though, the no shield/energy drain mutator is just awful. Because of that there is literally only 1 frame that I feel is actually viable there and that's Rhino. Really, why does it have to be both at once? Why can't energy drain be completely seperate and let No Shield pair up with Vampire? That would create an interesting dynamic rather than forcing you to use a Shade or Rhino.

Also, they could have just made the ice condition into a nightmare mutator.

I'll repeat myself: it's called "nightmare" for a frickin' reason...

People wanted harder content - they got harder content.

Stop whining about how hard those Nightmare (from definition: hard, challenging, insane) missions are...

Stop whining about how hard those Nightmare (from definition: hard, challenging, insane) missions are...

They didn't want harder content, they wanted end-game. They wanted to kill the final boss and save the princess.

Anyone who's played Nightmare on Doom 1 & 2 will scoff at these so called nightmare missions though. If the average success rate of the average player is above 50% then it's not "Nightmare", it's just "a little tricky".

Edited by Mastikator2

They didn't want harder content, they wanted end-game. They wanted to kill the final boss and save the princess.

Anyone who's played Nightmare on Doom 1 & 2 will scoff at these so called nightmare missions though. If the average success rate of the average player is above 50% then it's not "Nightmare", it's just "a little tricky".

I didn't. They should polish and flesh out more stuff before endgame or if they even release an endgame.

Edited by pjssas

I think my main problem with the current implementation of Nightmare is that it doesn't feel properly challenging.

It feels like rolling Batsu Dice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANCRsuYsuN0

Sometimes you luck out, and sometimes you get slammed. The part that really bothers me is that there's no reason the current mutators had to be all over the place like they are. I honestly cannot brain their process here. Someone coded all the mechanics together, and when it was time to fill in the blanks with numbers, they just facerolled.

DE has to know how unprofessional it looks. They have to.

Fast forward through me ranting again about the pressures of the industry, the philosophical value of assuming the best case, and so on.

The difficultyany of us are having is that this "harder content" is broken in regards to half or more of the frames....I literally cannot contribute to a team effort in a nightmare mode because I run light frames and as such if I get the no shields/no energy mutation I have to abort and restart because even on a Venus mission I'll go down in no more the six hits. The developers are punishing those of us who don't play tanly frames.

Not playing them at all means no dual mods, which means having a harder time in the late game play because of that lack. I just want content that is balanced and challenging, not content that's designed to make me want to tjrow y keyboard out the window and uninstall their game.