Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sands of Inaros difficulty spike

Leo.doodling

I feel that the Sands of Inaros quest has a big difficulty jump in the last mission.

I did take a while to play the last mission as I had to kill a number of Juggernauts and had the hardest time just getting them to spawn. But a bit ago I completed this quest and never had problems like I did during that final mission.

I actually ran out of ammo fighting Inaros and his gang. I was using Mag and her mag bubble wasn't helping (plus it was going away really fast). I even left the area to go back to previous parts of the map to hunt for ammo. I have the mod to convert any ammo to rifle ammo but that didn't help.

Eventually I had to fight with the operator. Here is a screen shot of an area I could get enemies stuck at for a bit to slowly lower their health:

lMg9dqb.jpg

Another technique I had to do was lure the giants that spawn back to the opening of the cave because they were too big and then I could slowly kill them:

u6p7osX.jpg

Maybe I missed some thing I was supposed to do but this fight took forever. It was a chore. The fight felt like it was all based on attrition and nothing more.

Juggernauts... go to derelict exterminate/capture etc, kill lots of infested, get the scream, kill load more infested, get another scream, go kill juggernaut... rinse repeat, but preferably with a weapon/frame that can actually kill them, they're anything but hard at that level and if you're struggling, maybe it's too early to be getting inaros....

Last bit.. you mean against the guardians... wasn't exactly hard, I just took loki iirc

Edited by LSG501

I used Trinity's Link, built for long duration, to assist in taking down the baddies, as well as a melee build meant to take out armor. Didn't fire any shots that I didn't have to, so if ya happen to ever play through it again, try with this!

Okay wasn't really asking for help on how to beat it, especially not condescending help.... and I guess my Soma Prime is not a 'real' weapon.

I had no problems with the rest of the quest, none at all, just the last mission (as per the title). Mag can very easily kill a juggernaut without any hesitation with her bubble. Getting them to spawn was the issue but I already made a post about that. The juggernauts were the enemy before this last mission of the quest and I beat those easily in every encounter, so the difficulty (again) spiked relative to what had occurred prior.

10 minutes ago, AandOE said:

I used Trinity's Link, built for long duration, to assist in taking down the baddies, as well as a melee build meant to take out armor. Didn't fire any shots that I didn't have to, so if ya happen to ever play through it again, try with this!

I have read about that, I never messed much with Trinity but I do now have the prime frame. Not sure I'll ever run this quest again but that does sound like a technique I should look in to for other bosses.