Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proxy Rebellion Forced Me Out of Solo Play

limorkil

... and it was good. 

Casual player, MR 9.  I usually stick to solo in games because I am used to poor experiences and it taking far too long.  Didn’t go into Warframe wanting to do anything except solo.  

I found Proxy Rebellion event first mission too hard for casual me.  Tried it twice, second time got to 4 levels left and failed.  A common misconception about casual players is that we want the difficulty dialed down.  This is not true.  Thing about being casual is I don’t mind trying over and over but I can only play a few hours a week so timed events get frustrating.  So I initially decided the event was not for me.  A 20 wave defense is a long time anyway - I have never gone beyond 10.

Last night I remembered that Warframe does not have to be solo.  So I changed my status to public and tried again.  Mission started straight away.  I had no idea how to behave in a group so I just did what I would do solo.  I took Frost but someone else had Frost too and got a snow globe up.  So I ran around shooting stuff for 20 waves and had a blast.  I died a couple of times and was glad I had a tank frame.  Other players were zipping around much faster than me and I couldn’t tell what frames they had or what abilities they were using.   One guy was so fast and did so much more damage than me but I felt like I added value.  In the end I had the 2nd most damage which sounds better than it is because the other frost and one other player seemed to hardly move.  

Did the interception mission solo and it was very easy.   I was worried at first because there was a bursa and a zanuka, but I just ran and didn’t try to fight.

Did public again for the survival.  I seemed to do quite well.  One guy kept falling down and kept having to be revived.  I was on Rhino just to avoid death.   I don’t know if there are group tactics for survival - I just followed people and shot stuff.  In the end I was second on damage and first on kills. I am not a competitive person at all - my point is really that I was surprised I wasn’t totally the worst because I was clueless.

I got my Catalyst and Reactor, which is the whole reason I wanted to do the event.  I didn’t have time to do the last mission.  

My point with all this is: I tried to avoid grouping because I thought it would be unfun, but I had a good experience.  I am sure it is not always like that; however, I now feel much more inclined to try it.  I don’t know any rules or etiquette, although I suspect making an effort and not being a burden is most of it.

I still think 20 waves is a bit too tiresome.  Good event though.

Hi limorkil, glad to know that you started to enjoy team playing. Personally I prefer public playstyle instead of solo, because it's more fun to meet and play with other tennos, learning from players with more experiences and doing better than me, and helping out those relatively new players. I think this game has a pretty good community.

I believe the only rule to play in public is to be nice and don't troll or leech.

Hi limorkil

Wow!  I loved your post!  I'm so happy you gave Public a try.  Solo certainly goes a long way in Warframe, but there are times things are just easier with a group, as you found out.

You don't have to join up with a clan or alliance to play with others either - no commitment required!  Just random matchings are often a blast - it's how I usually play and I enjoy it very much.

I hope you continue to find new things in Warframe to keep your gaming time happy.

-Gundam-

I'm like you in that I solo a ton.  I did the first solo and probably could have done the second...after that though I'd not have wanted to try it.  Glad you found a decent group (or groups) that could do it. Most of the time, I have decent luck with public groups. 🙂

My only real complaint with this event is I really wish they'd dial down the visual effects some on the hyena variant that does the energy drain.