The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Is Truly A God

LongIron

Right I had an idea to myself "why not use Loki on T3 Defence?"

Using a well modded Loki is like using Bastille on Infested, a total F** YOU move to all who oppose you. We had a Frost, unnecessary but didn't matter, a Nyx and Saryn for the group.

Gotta clear this up though, from a chat in the game Region.

A well modded Loki, someone wrote, it is too much bother to make Loki good when you could use another frame..... No.

The only mods you need, which you would use on any frame not just Loki, are Radial Disarm, Flow / Streamline / Stretch and Redirection or others if you have used a catalyst or used the Aura slot.

Running around invisible and disarming everyone is undoubtedly the most useful skill on T3 def. Think about it, why do you die or the pod get destroyed ? because they shoot the crap out of it with high-damage weapons. What happens when you disarm them ? they run around with a stick, easier to distract with decoys and you don't need to worry about finding cover because no one is shooting at you. Simple.

Right I had an idea to myself "why not use Loki on T3 Defence?"

Using a well modded Loki is like using Bastille on Infested, a total F** YOU move to all who oppose you. We had a Frost, unnecessary but didn't matter, a Nyx and Saryn for the group.

Gotta clear this up though, from a chat in the game Region.

A well modded Loki, someone wrote, it is too much bother to make Loki good when you could use another frame..... No.

The only mods you need, which you would use on any frame not just Loki, are Radial Disarm, Flow / Streamline / Stretch and Redirection or others if you have used a catalyst or used the Aura slot.

Running around invisible and disarming everyone is undoubtedly the most useful skill on T3 def. Think about it, why do you die or the pod get destroyed ? because they shoot the crap out of it with high-damage weapons. What happens when you disarm them ? they run around with a stick, easier to distract with decoys and you don't need to worry about finding cover because no one is shooting at you. Simple.

True.

or you can sit inside snowglobe while they blast at its impenetrable walls and have a frame with powers that kill 

Also true, in 20 waves I tried a few variants and found just waiting for a big group then running out was the best, a bit boring just standing there waiting for them to come in range, plus I wanted to kill something.

After the game, nobody ever says I was wrong. Radial Disarm truly is an underused but very helpful skill. When mixed with Vauban's Bastille? GG.

agree. it's actually useful, even though many people said it's depend on the situation. and also it's more fun doing this then just sitting in the middle waiting and killing, at least for me. Edited by agung.up

Well, WASD is overrated.

you can WASD however you want.

You will run out of Energy, mobs will swarm you, and either you, or the Pod dies.

TL;DR: Some Frames are useless for high-end game. Loki is 1 of them.

Loki has team-centric ultimate. Radial disarm + Bastille turns range faction defense into a joke. Use it alone and lure all of them with decoy for teammates to hit large group of prod swinging Grineer with ultimate is a sound strategy.

Playing Loki and hope that your teammate has enough creativity to deal with the situation is definitely harder than playing Loki himself.

You will run out of Energy, mobs will swarm you, and either you, or the Pod dies.

Yes. Removing every ability, gun, ability to spawn, permanently is TERRIBLE.

Your avatar is Nova, I guess you only paly her and spam 4? Yea.. that's real fun and challenging.

Think about it, why do you die or the pod get destroyed ?

i don't die and pod don't get destroyed. because i know what i am doing.

why would i use loki when i can use shee or rhino or saryn... hell even pesky nova.

yes loki can be useful, yes mag can crowd control, yes excal can do cc as well, even ember can stagger from time to time. wasting damage boost or much better crowd control will result in nothing good. fight at T3D for 35-40 minutes? no thank you.

basically you can play any mission with any frame true. Loki can solo wave 40 xini so to speak. But it is all about time you waste on that and there are always frames that just better.

I thought you could use weapons.

I thought you could use energy siphon.

Have fun finding enough energy to constantly disarm them for 15 - 20 waves.

I'm pretty sure it has a time limit as well before they get their weapons back.

And no. They are permanently disarmed.

Also, you can use Essence helmet with Streamline.

Energy orbs are dropping like hell in mdef/def as well.

Radial Disarm+decoy turns grineer and and corpus into infested. They just swarm the decoy. Loki doesn't get the credit he deserves because he can't take out a crowd in an instant but he is very fun to use and useful on any team if used properly.

Edited by enix7

Loki has team-centric ultimate. Radial disarm + Bastille turns range faction defense into a joke. Use it alone and lure all of them with decoy for teammates to hit large group of prod swinging Grineer with ultimate is a sound strategy.

Playing Loki and hope that your teammate has enough creativity to deal with the situation is definitely harder than playing Loki himself.

^this. why people keep playing alone in a 4-players session.

Actually, very high-level end-game is exactly where Loki shines. Invisibility makes you nigh invulnerable due to enemies not being able to actually hit you, which is great for ressing teammates should they go down. Decoy is still useful as a herding mechanic when used out of line of sight. And Radial Disarm still remains just as effective when the so-called one-hit wonder that is the 4 button for many 'frames becomes nothing but a means with which to tickle your enemies.

Edited by Asbyn