The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Is Truly A God

LongIron

Loki is the only frame with a guaranteed instant kill skill that is also a mobility skill. Decoy works better now that is has been polished up a bit. Invisibility makes Melee a more viable damage source. His ulti allows for multiple combos, out of which Nyx/Loki stands out the most. Loki has no damaging abilities, and yet, is a frame with decent damage.

It's just not straight forward. To play Loki, you need to be creative. If you don't know or see how to make that frame work, that is okay, no hard feelings. Just don't claim the frame has no place in endgame or is weak. Loki can save void T3 defenses from failing, just as much as he can unscrew endless defenses.

Gentletenno, keep it civil. There is no need to be upset.

T3 Defenses are hardly end-game :(

If you don't know what's end-game, that is okay, no hard feelings. Just don't claim Loki has a place in it.

are you really implying loki is some kind of grand difficult class to play because lmao

That's exactly what he's implying.

Edited by Sikab

T3 Defenses are hardly end-game :(

If you don't know what's end-game, that is okay, no hard feelings. Just don't claim Loki has a place in it.

You still seem to think that picking the part of a statement you can (read: "think you can") defuse means you are discreditting the entire post, Sikab.

enlighten us to what your "end game" is and please don't tell me it's spending five hours in endless defense

... since that is the only content that goes past the scope of T3 Defense, which peaks at Level ~165, it must be. And since Endless Defense starts lower than Void III, it even takes longer to get as far (levelwise) as T3 Defense, making the counterstatement doubly weak.

But Sikab isn't here to debate, from what I am seeing. He is here to be right, and it doesn't really matter what others will say. From past experiences, and just from this thread alone, it is pretty clear to me that Sikab is not discussing, but forcing his opinion on others. It is up to everyone themselves if they want to engage in a conversation that will go in circles until one party is appeased.

I, for one, am done here. Again: Keep it civil, gentletenno.

You still seem to think that picking the part of a statement you can (read: "think you can") defuse means you are discreditting the entire post, Sikab.

... since that is the only content that goes past the scope of T3 Defense, which peaks at Level ~165, it must be. And since Endless Defense starts lower than Void III, it even takes longer to get as far (levelwise) as T3 Defense, making the counterstatement doubly weak.

But Sikab isn't here to debate, from what I am seeing. He is here to be right, and it doesn't really matter what others will say. From past experiences, and just from this thread alone, it is pretty clear to me that Sikab is not discussing, but forcing his opinion on others. It is up to everyone themselves if they want to engage in a conversation that will go in circles until one party is appeased.

I, for one, am done here. Again: Keep it civil, gentletenno.

That's me. forcing down my opinion on peoples throats.

I only picked that part out of your statement because anything else you said after that is nonsense, hence doesn't worth my time to even bother commenting on it :)

Thats exactly why Endless Defense is harder. Takes much longer... Not many ppl can keep up concentration up for several hours.

I would invite you to a normal group to see the difference... If you wouldn't be yourself that is.

PS.: If it's not clear for some1 that's an outsider. Cedric and I got a long history. Put it simple: We hate eachother.

Edited by Sikab

Please be serious...Loki is garbage.

No it's not! Cedric the mighty came and spoke "Loki is good, any1 who says otherwise is a bad player" <--- Talk about forcing your opinion on others throat :)

In all seriousness: Not Garbage... but not even good. most certainly needs a buff/rework.

Whatever loki does...someone else does it better..

Ash has stealth + melee dmg and is tankier

Saryn has decoy and she is actually usefull.

Radial disarm is fun but the 100+lvl enemy is still there and he still must die..

Loki is an old frame in need of a buff.

Welp, i will just stick with my Excalibur.

Not one of those "kill everything" frame, but in my opinion fun to play, and still usefull.

Thats really what you should be thinking about. Someone else shouldn't "bring down" your favorite frame, but no reason to go hostile about it.

I really haven't seen much of Loki so i can not really say wether he is being used in a good or bad way.

But i aint gonna deny, that radial disarm has saved the pot a few times for me.

But as it stands right now, almost everyone would rather have a Nova than Loki. Just because of how the 4 works, slow, takes 2x damage, chain reaction ( depending on health and level )

My main reason for playing Excalibur is cause he is fun to play, and i can probably not justify if he would be better than other frames

Edited by NovaKiller

Whatever loki does...someone else does it better..

Ash has stealth + melee dmg and is tankier

Saryn has decoy and she is actually usefull.

Radial disarm is fun but the 100+lvl enemy is still there and he still must die..

Loki is an old frame in need of a buff.

Loki does feels like a victim of age. As the game advances, and more and more mechanics are introduced... you get it :)

Not one of those "kill everything" frame, but in my opinion fun to play, and still usefull.

Thats really what you should be thinking about. Someone else shouldn't "bring down" your favorite frame, but no reason to gonhostile about it.

I really haven't seen much of Loki so i can not really say wether he is being used in a good or bad way.

But as it stands right now, almost everyone would rather have a Nova than Loki. Just because of how the 4 works, slow, takes 2x damage, chain reaction ( depending on health and level )

My main reason for playing Excalibur is cause he is fun to play, and i can probably not justify if he would be better than other frames

Love your name, Love your attitude... Have my babies!

Edited by Sikab

Thats really what you should be thinking about. Someone else shouldn't "bring down" your favorite frame, but no reason to go hostile about it.

ALL HAIL EXCALIBUR!! I don't even sold him, it's my preciousssss

oh wait i'm going out of topic. sorry.

*leave quickly*

Loki is the only frame with a guaranteed instant kill skill that is also a mobility skill. 

Wait, what.  Switch teleport?  That doesn't kill anything... Hell, you can't even trap enemies on top of boxes anymore.  Not that you ever could, because they could always jump back down again, but now you can't even momentarily inconvenience them.  I want a fix.  Now I have to use mag if I want to drag enemies to non-pathfindable locations.

Also, what's this about Loki being compared with Nova?

Loki replaces Frost.  You don't need snowglobe when everything is in a Bastille traffic jam (it didn't stop railgun moas anyway).

Man. So much emotion here.   

Those who say loki is bad, either are bad at it, have no imagination, or cannot accept the possibility that not every frame has to have a #4 nuke to clear the map.  Loki is an asset to the team if the guy behind the keyboard knows wtf he is doing. Nuff said.

Wait, what.  Switch teleport?  That doesn't kill anything... Hell, you can't even trap enemies on top of boxes anymore.  Not that you ever could, because they could always jump back down again, but now you can't even momentarily inconvenience them.  I want a fix.  Now I have to use mag if I want to drag enemies to non-pathfindable locations.

Also, what's this about Loki being compared with Nova?

Loki replaces Frost.  You don't need snowglobe when everything is in a Bastille traffic jam (it didn't stop railgun moas anyway).

facepalm.png

He was talking about Invisibility 

Man. So much emotion here.   

Those who say loki is bad, either are bad at it, have no imagination, or cannot accept the possibility that not every frame has to have a #4 nuke to clear the map.  Loki is an asset to the team if the guy behind the keyboard knows wtf he is doing. Nuff said.

Wasnt going to say something but something this made me chuckle

Prove you are creative and a skilled loki player Make a video or show me someone who's creative/pro/god with loki video must show how good is loki.

More than anything Show me that Imagination 

Edit: fixed mistake

Edited by Shin

Teleport them over pits. Enemies don't respawn. They die.

Sorry to tell you that's bosses only Ced(23)ric.

Since bosses spawn only at the location of their arena and with a player sighted by it, it has no spawn point. Bosses with cinematic openings are the only ones that will die.

Every other enemy will go to a set location considered the "Middle" of the map where all overboard items such as loot, mobs, and in this case, enemies go. It's an overflow area kind of.

However, it is still good to use on Ancients that you don't feel like waisting effort on.

Right I had an idea to myself "why not use Loki on T3 Defence?"

Using a well modded Loki is like using Bastille on Infested, a total F** YOU move to all who oppose you. We had a Frost, unnecessary but didn't matter, a Nyx and Saryn for the group.

Gotta clear this up though, from a chat in the game Region.

A well modded Loki, someone wrote, it is too much bother to make Loki good when you could use another frame..... No.

The only mods you need, which you would use on any frame not just Loki, are Radial Disarm, Flow / Streamline / Stretch and Redirection or others if you have used a catalyst or used the Aura slot.

Running around invisible and disarming everyone is undoubtedly the most useful skill on T3 def. Think about it, why do you die or the pod get destroyed ? because they shoot the crap out of it with high-damage weapons. What happens when you disarm them ? they run around with a stick, easier to distract with decoys and you don't need to worry about finding cover because no one is shooting at you. Simple.

what about infested defense? nuuuuu

why thinking about tactics when t3 def is so easy? i mean u only need to have some mid skilled warframe to get easily trhough. lets talk about some 100+ waves on some defense maps. 

let's talk about stacking specific class skills so you're 100% invulnerable unless someone falls asleep (the real "challenge" of high defense waves)

Edited by bro-dog

Loki has team-centric ultimate. Radial disarm + Bastille turns range faction defense into a joke. Use it alone and lure all of them with decoy for teammates to hit large group of prod swinging Grineer with ultimate is a sound strategy.

Playing Loki and hope that your teammate has enough creativity to deal with the situation is definitely harder than playing Loki himself.

^ I agree, Loki have good crowd control ability, the RD + decoy combo is very effective for grineer and corpus; on some tiles it work wonders, and with just one decoy the enemy doesn't shoot you from afar. But on certain tile it have a chaotic impact to the position of the enemies, especially when there is no vauban in your squad.

Nevertheless the enemies is rendered gun-less, and some of them are drawn to decoy's aggro, making the squad in less danger. But if your teammate cannot deal with the situation it could end up with the pod destroyed.

I have a hard time using Loki in infested def~ iron skin draws another aggro, decoy in tight spot got ignored by most infested, toxic hinders melee ability, RD is not effective. Imo if aiming for high lvl waves only either nyx or vauban is best against them, Loki could only be set as the second layer of defense.