Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Plastid Drop Rate

RedPharaoh0817

when i started playing this game, one of the most frequent issues i read here in the forums are plastids drop rates...

i read comments like, "you are just impatient in farming", "my plastid drop rates are actually great", or "sucks to be you". i never really paid attention coz i thought that they were actually just lazy in farming the materials... but after playing 150 hours of warframe, i felt the plastid famine myself. yes maybe they are meant to be rare but when i look at my other materials the ratios are really far off.

i am given to understand there are common, uncommon, and rare materials that exist in this game
common materials like ferrite, salvage, nano spores and alloy plates are currently ranging from 50k - 100k in my inventory which is alright because they ARE common materials

uncommon materials like rubedo, circuits and polymer bundles are in the range of 10k-50k in my inventory

rare materials like morphics, neurodos, gallium, orokin cells, mutagen sample, detonite ampule and control modules are ranging form 10-200 pieces in my inventory...

plastids as i have researched are i believe to be uncommon materials but they are currently only a measly 190 pieces. considering that it is very necessary material in crafting specially for frames, weapons and dojo materails/rooms i think its drop rates should really be boosted/increased.

i have done many hours in xini, cyanth and ariel and still plastids are still very rare(only dropping 177 the highest for a defense mission) while others say that their plastids are ranging from 6k pcs, their other uncommon materials range from 100k -200k pcs which is still very far off.

P.S. while i am given to understand that fieldron samples are also rare, i have 10k pcs of it... very ironic...

all the resources have been greatly increased in their drop rates as it is. before and now, no shortage of any materials. i have piles of all of them. this is including building most clantech and building enough Fieldrons for all of the clantech, building most of the weapons in the game, many frames, you get the idea.

i ran low on a resource, ONCE. a week or two ago i was short 5000 Ferrite when i went to build Flux. no big deal, within a couple hours i got several thousand. 

i think people try to build everything in the game at once, and then are annoyed when they cannot. i've built lots of stuff, but not all at the same time. and i don't run out of resources! :o

btw, resources seem to drop more often from the wrong faction than the logical one. don't do infested for Plastids. i know, it's weird. but it makes just as much sense as Infested having Neural Sensors and Grineer having Neurodes.

also, lol'd that you have polymer bundles in the uncommon category. it doesn't drop as much as nano spores, but on planets with polymer bundles, that stuff is like a plague if you want anything else.

Edited by taiiat

all the resources have been greatly increased in their drop rates as it is. before and now, no shortage of any materials. i have piles of all of them. this is including building most clantech and building enough Fieldrons for all of the clantech, building most of the weapons in the game, many frames, you get the idea.

i ran low on a resource, ONCE. a week or two ago i was short 5000 Ferrite when i went to build Flux. no big deal, within a couple hours i got several thousand. 

i think people try to build everything in the game at once, and then are annoyed when they cannot. i've built lots of stuff, but not all at the same time. and i don't run out of resources! :o

btw, resources seem to drop more often from the wrong faction than the logical one. don't do infested for Plastids. i know, it's weird. but it makes just as much sense as Infested having Neural Sensors and Grineer having Neurodes.

also, lol'd that you have polymer bundles in the uncommon category. it doesn't drop as much as nano spores, but on planets with polymer bundles, that stuff is like a plague if you want anything else.

good for you sir for running low only ONCE in your game time but i am afraid that not everyone is as lucky as you, and i am just concerned about the ratios where yes you could have 6k plastids at a time but other materials are bloated like crazy... and yes i try to limit my crafting to crafting only the item i need...

and yeah i did noticed that that sometimes materials tend to drop not to their designated mobs... specially neurodes, orokin cells and fieldron samples...

Try craft something plasmid non-related first. You enjoying the game in a wrong way.

yes i do craft non-plastid weapons, trust me i am loving the game, just giving my feedback and observations with rational and real numbers... no need to judge if "i am enjoying the game correctly"

Cyath, Eris gives a good amount as well. (Along with ~5k nano spores...)

yes i also farm in that area but still not the best place i got my 177 plastids in a single run...

Lol, the great plastid famine. Plastids always end up being the limiting resource when you start crafting loads of research materials for dojo weapons. I found Grinner defense to be the best place to find em. I think was Ceres that has em?

ok i'll try that, what mission exactly sir? Edited by RedPharaoh0817

Ceres does not drop Plastids.

The best place I've found is Miranda on Uranus, but it may lead to annoyingly huge sums of polymer and gallium that you can't find a use for. I'm currently sitting on some 30 gallium and 10k polymer that I will never be able to spend.

Phobos and Pluto drop other good resources though. Saturn and Eris will give you nano spores, which I consider to be something negative.

You guys obviously never tried Uranus - Desdemona or Eris - Cyath.

You have to open every container on Desdemona or just do Cyath. Massive Plastid drops

People who say that Plastids are rare have no idea of how to use search or the wiki...

No. Drop rates have been incredibly generous since the last patch. Stop asking for more.

well maybe but still not enough... i am just pointing out that ratios of plastid compared to other uncommon materials are still way off or inconsistent... that would mean that there is something off balance with its drop rates...

You guys obviously never tried Uranus - Desdemona or Eris - Cyath.

You have to open every container on Desdemona or just do Cyath. Massive Plastid drops

People who say that Plastids are rare have no idea of how to use search or the wiki...

^ this comment... if you read my thread well you might have seen that i DID try Cyath, and not included i did also try uranus...

and please never presume things, try READING my post first... i said i researched it... that would mean that i did try wiki... howd ya think i got the idea of farming in eris and uranus in the first place?

i appreciate those who gave me suggestions on where to farm instead of bragging about how "easy" it is to look for it, i would try that immediately and give feedback on it, but as far as i have observed, just by judging on the RATES and nothing else, plastids are very hard to find for a material that is UNCOMMON...