The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Migration Between Switch and PC

Padrey

I apologize for being such a laymen. I have been seeing some news drip slowly about how account migration will work, but there is one thing I don't understand. Will this be like Fortnite, where I can play the same account between Xbox, Switch and PC and have my progress saved to the account and be able to access it from any other platform in real time? Or will my account copy itself to the switch, and from that point on the progress earned on each platform will only apply to said platform? 

From what it sounds like, it's the later...? I hope I'm wrong. For me, the fun in this game is my account growing stronger via all the grind I do. I would never care to play it on another platform if all my progress on PC (after migration) didn't copy over in real time. 

Do you all feel differently? Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would feel most current fans of the game would agree.

It would be the later. more due to the different patches for each console and their certifications than anything else. would be really hard to keep all the content equal between all the consoles AND PC...iirc I've only seen it ONCE in my 4 years here.

20 minutes ago, Padrey said:

Do you all feel differently? Maybe I'm in the minority, but I would feel most current fans of the game would agree.

No one feels differently from you and DE will do anything in their power.

The accounts are separate between PC and XBox and PS. We have no confirmation that this will be the case for the Switch too. I am sure that DE would prefer single accounts on numerous platforms. We don't know if they'll manage.

It depends mostly on the owners of the Switch than anything else, so you are posting on the wrong forums.

4 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

It depends mostly on the owners of the Switch than anything else, so you are posting on the wrong forums.

A little, but mostly it's about update frequency.

Question, what happens to a shared PC account that has a... lets say... Fortuna kit Gun when you then go to play on the Switch when the update is still in cert?

So no, it's not going to happen unless DE sink the cost of massively increasing their QA team to match the thrashing that the PC users can give an update, before they try to get cert for a console.