Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon bounties

LordSky00

I understand that DE wants to be very inclusive in their game. No one likes to be excluded from any part of the game, but I really need to say that those who have not completed The War Within Quest (WWI) should not be allowed to take on the Hydrolyst, Gauntalyst and Teralyst capture bounty (aka the Tridolon bounty) . This does NOT exclude new players from complete doing a tridolon capture since they can always, A) go free roam and take on all three, or B) start a regular kill/capture Teralyst bounty and continue on to killing/capturing the Guantalyst and Hydrolyst.

Again, I understand no one like to be excluded, but seasoned players are frustrated by having to "carry" confused new players who cannot contribute to half the battle and new players are berated by veteran players who doesn't want to teach basic Eidolon mechanics on the hardest Eidolon battle.

Spoiler

Personally, my biggest frustration is having to "pickup" new players after each... and... every joint break.

There is already a gating mechanism for doing daily Sorties (complete War Within, level 30 frame) and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught (level 30 frame), why not one for doing the "Elite" Eidolon bounty?

Frustrated players:

Edited by LordSky00
added example(s)

Although I don't like being too negative, I feel as though there should be a requirement to have a crafted amp to take on the Tridolon bounty at all- I'm seeing a lot of players who either have no Amp or are using a Mote attempting them, and the shield phases are a pretty harsh gear check. This being said, the amount of Quill reputation and Cetus Wisps required to get a decent amp makes that a horrendous grind, especially if players aren't able to access Tridolon hunts to rapidly gain Sentient cores, so it's a bit of a lock either way.

I'm fine with the mote amp even though it is utterly useless. But either way I would like the idea.

I want people to mostly be able to experience the content regardless of their uberness and time spent clicking buttons, but yea when I get an MR5 or MR6 in my group I usually just abort. I still have people in my group not knowing F-all, cursing me out for using cataclysm while people are in operator form, and telling me how utterly wrong I am when I explain cataclysm doesn't affect operators (despite others telling them they are in the wrong.) Or people not doing even the most base stuff their class is meant to do, (hi, 80% of Eidolon hunting Chroma players!)

I guess my point is yeeeaaa it would help, but then again, there's just so many bad players of a variety of MRs, and I like to bring people with me and try to get them to learn, up to 3 capping. I do agree that it would totally still be possible for them to do that, but the people they would be grouped with would probs be choosing what they chose only to do that.

tl;dr:

Basically I'm not 100% sure on my stance on this.

I can almost live with the fact that newer players only have a mote amp (although very frustrating) but when they only have completed "The Second Dream" (aka: only using Void Kid v1.0) or worst, not even gotten that far. It means a lot of veteran players will curse out the newer player and leave the game, which can't be a great experience for the new player.

This clearly seems to breed hostility towards both veterans and "casual" players alike, which I feel can be circumvented without any player feeling to left out.

Perhaps allow:

Capture/kill Teralyst bounty for those with a mote amp

and

Tridolon capture bounty for those with a custom build amp.

Again, if the new player want to try this in a free roam session, they can. Nothing is stopping them from do that.

Edited by LordSky00