Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concern about Melee3.0

1thurts

On 2018-08-03 at 12:42 PM, 1thurts said:

Hi all, I just rewatched the demo in the stream and it seems you get 1.5x at 15 counters, and 2x at 30. If that's the case, then 15 counters every multiplier level, that should be pretty fine and is actually easier to reach a much higher multiplier comparing to the present system. If they do not make further change, then it should not affect mods like blood rush much, or could even be a buff.

Except that they've mentioned specifically that they don't want the combo bonus to apply to light attacks.

I haven't looked at the footage closely enough to see the damage numbers. Were light attacks being boosted?

17 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Except that they've mentioned specifically that they don't want the combo bonus to apply to light attacks.

I haven't looked at the footage closely enough to see the damage numbers. Were light attacks being boosted?

They did not mention about the light attack boost this time. But it was said to happen in the past.

On 2018-08-03 at 12:15 PM, 1thurts said:

Condition overload era is coming, RIP maiming strike and blood rush.

I thought the Condition Overload era was already here.  You want a Crit-focused melee, Blood Rush is already a prerequisite.  You want Status-focused melee, Condition Overload is already a prerequisite.  I don't see that changing after Melee 3.0.  

Implying that Condition Overload isn't yet overused by most of the endgame population, is just false.  

FYI for those who either didn't watch the devstream in full, or just completely missed that part. They stated specifically that stuff like how mods interact with the new combo counters and stuff is going to be covered in a dev workshop. They didn't address that stuff in the stream because a combination of things not being finished and them not having enough time to address all the specifics.