Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Magistar in Melee 3.0

Get_Singed

I love the Sancti Magistar as it is currently, and I feel like it has the potential to become very powerful in the new Melee 3.0 with heavy attacks being more relevant, but I'm worried that a big issue with the Sancti Magistar will be overlooked in this whole transition since it's the only weapon of its kind. Currently, charged attacks with the Sancti Magistar heal in an area around the user, but for some reason the healing is capped for normal charged attacks but unlimited for channeled charged attacks, the only limit being how much damage you can do in a single channeled charged attack. With the full removal of channeling in Melee 3.0, is the Sancti Magistar going to see the small heal cap on normal charged attacks removed as well? I don't want to see that mechanic become completely useless, as the capped healing amount on standard charged attacks is pitiful.

4 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Weapons with special chanelling characteristics were confirmed on the latest devstream to be in their thoughts and something they want people to know will still have their special effects brought into 3.0 in some way.

Ya, I'm just concerned they might overlook this weapon in particular because I don't know whether the capped/uncapped healing thing is intentional or not and I really don't want to lose the feeling of being a paladin healing my allies as I smack a Grineer over the head.

15 minutes ago, Get_Singed said:

Ya, I'm just concerned they might overlook this weapon in particular because I don't know whether the capped/uncapped healing thing is intentional or not and I really don't want to lose the feeling of being a paladin healing my allies as I smack a Grineer over the head.

It won’t get overlook. They said themselves they have a lot of melee’s to look at. I’m sure they split It down It 2 categories. Ones with unique effects and others that doesn’t. Also channeled attacks won’t take any energy anymore. So channeled attacks are more worthwhile. Sancti Majistar is probably one of the few of the easier ones to bring into melee 3.0. I personally think the melee that shoots out acid on charges attacks could take a little more work before It could come to melee 3.0 smoothly.

Considering charge attacks will be a lot easier to pull off now, the low healing cap may be more balanced since you'll be able to charge your attacks more fluidly and frequently. But who knows, maybe the DEvs will up the damage cap anyway, or maybe "ninja on fire" mode will improve the potency of it.