Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworking Nyx second ability Psychic Bolts

Void_Smasher

First, sorry for my bad English, I'll try to do my best.

So, dear DE. I heard you've working on Nyx. I have to ask you one thing. Only one. Sincerely.

Switch places of first and second abilities. Make Psychic Bolts being the FIRST Nyx ability. Make me love Nyx, eh?

I am asking because Nyx SECOND ability is the same as Ash FIRST abilty and the same as Atlas FIRST ability and the same as Banshee FIRST ability and the same as Ember FIRST ability and the same as Excalibur FIRST ability and the same as Frost FIRST ability and the same as Gara FIRST ability and the same as Hydroid FIRST ability and the same as Inaros first ability and the same as Khora FIRST ability and the same as Mag FIRST ability and the same as Necros FIRST ability and the same as Oberon FIRST ability and the same as Rhino FIRST ability and the same as Saryn FIRST ability and the same as Vauban FIRST ability and the same as Volt FIRST ability and even the same as Zephyr FIRST ability - which is warframe's main SPAM attack. So, please, put Nyx in line with boys and girls listed above.

And of course it'll be great if you make Psychic Bolts a little bit more powerfull, because it is too harmless now. Even Oberon can do more damage and radiation effect.

Edited by Rinkata_Prime

7 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You could say the same about a lot of first and second abilities, Nezha's projectile is 2, as you mentioned, Zephyr's, Nyx, etc.

Yes but according to warframes listed above Nezha is out of line, same as Nyx. But DE working on Nyx now, not Nezha.

Edited by Rinkata_Prime

Why? Psychic bolts have never been good even for 25 energy, and DE removing the ability and moving Nyx Chaos (current 3rd) to replace her second Psychic Bolts (current 2nd) and then giving her a completely new 3rd in the form of a debuff to the enemy is much more compelling for her overall kit. Besides those of us on the Design Council are already mulling over what her new 3rd could be doing.

1 minute ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Why? Psychic bolts have never been good even for 25 energy, and DE removing the ability and moving Nyx Chaos (current 3rd) to replace her second Psychic Bolts (current 2nd) and then giving her a completely new 3rd in the form of a debuff to the enemy is much more compelling for her overall kit. Besides those of us on the Design Council are already mulling over what her new 3rd could be doing.

Hm... Huh. Well if they decided that sort of changes I am ok with that.

Gerade eben schrieb Rinkata_Prime:

Hard to read. It is ok. Oberon was never good before it's rework.

Ah i get it...even that is arguable though. They didn't really change much about his status, hallowed ground or ultimate though except for the coverage. Smite sure is a boss killer now but what really made him what he is today is that they made his healing viable... his main damage source is still HG and Reckoning, the rework changed little about that.

Plus theyr roles are completely different... Oberon was allways the damaging tank. If anything, it's strange that Nyx got this pure damaging ability as tanky Cc frame.

S

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Ah i get it...even that is arguable though. They didn't really change much about his status, hallowed ground or ultimate though except for the coverage. Smite sure is a boss killer now but what really made him what he is today is that they made his healing viable... his main damage source is still HG and Reckoning, the rework changed little about that.

Plus theyr roles are completely different... Oberon was allways the damaging tank. If anything, it's strange that Nyx got this pure damaging ability as tanky Cc frame.

Yeah, sure... i still remember days (when frame skills was an mods) when all Oberons i saw use only 4th skill to kill everything in line of sigh, same as Saryn and Excal and sometimes Nyx.