Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Willing To Pay $14.99 A Month For Elder Scrolls Online?

__Kanade__

I was disappointed to read that Elder Scrolls Online is going to be a subscription only game, generally Free To Play game do better than Subscription only games ( unless it's EVE ).

I'm not a huge Elder Scrolls fan, I've only played Oblivion so I'm not to kean on the lore, but I was eager to try Elder Scrolls Online, but that ship has sailed with it's subscription only philosophy.

That $14.99 is going to Warframe.

Edited by __Kanade__

I was disappointed to read that Elder Scrolls Online is going to be a subscription only game, generally Free To Play game do better than Subscription only games ( unless it's EVE ).

I'm not a huge Elder Scrolls fan, I've only played Oblivion so I'm not to kean on the lore, but I was eager to try Elder Scrolls Online, but that ship has sailed with it's subscription only philosophy.

That $14.99 is going to Warframe.

$14.99 a month for a game which should keep you playing always

or

$200+ on a game which has no end game, unplayable lag and no dedicated servers, everything but armor ignore is useless.

mmm, yeah, its a tough one that ;)

At least with Elder online, i can choose to leave at any time without spending $200+ upfront.

Edited by Fourdee

I actually sort of prefer the subscription model in general, but ES: O... Well, when announced it was basically a complete abomination. Since then they've apparently taken some minimal direction from the backlash (no longer Hero engine, actually implementing some cosmetic similarity to ES combat), but it's still basically a generic MMO, made by a completely different developer than ES.

Have Bethesda made a PC title that wasn't hopelessly broken in the past 8 years? No.

Do not even get me started on Bethesda...

yeah, because this game is made by bethesda... :D

FYI, it's made by zenimax.

and yes, i'm gonna pay the 13€ per month, even though I experienced SW:TOR^^

I'm curious ;)

To be perfectly honest - I'm glad they're going with sub.

Way the hell too many games are ruined by Free to Play.

Paid sub games always seem to have extra effort really pushed into them.

Every Free to Play MMORPG I've seen recently is cut and paste.

I will sit behind Beth on this one...

Way the hell too many games are ruined by Free to Play.

It's the opposite for games that are subscription based only, then they go free to play but keep the subscription as an optional bonus ( Star Trek Online and Tera do this ). 

WoW lost half it's playerbase due to the subscription service in favor of GW2. SWTOR lost half its playerbase because it was subscription only until it went f2p, now it has a slightly larger playerbase then before now that it releases content on an almost regular basis.

Edited by __Kanade__

I spend more than $15/mo on cash shops anyway. Moot point for me. I'll probably get it if reviews from friends are favorable when it comes to the twitch aspects, especially blocking and parrying, and I'll pay $15/mo for as long as it's fun and I'm logging on. If I stop logging on I'll cancel the sub and only re-up if I want to play it.

wait, what happens to your account when you can't pay the fee anymore?

Probably just like WoW it will still be there but you won't be able to access it until you start paying again.

Also I am not gonna pay $15 a month for any game. Even if warframe went subscription I wouldn't dare bother with it.

I could save that $15 a month for more decent stuff.

Edited by Palkora