Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Art Hardware/Peripherals, what do you use?

_Vortus_

Curious what any Artists out there use, be it professionally or simply to pass the time.  

I just enjoy doing it to pass the time.  But I am having some issues.   Kinda funny, but I have problems using a mouse for art or 3d work.   Funny in that eye/hand coordination is part of gaming.   But for some reason there is a disconnect when doing art.    So I picked up a Wacom Intous and a Huion G11K figuring it would be much better using a stylus.    I was wrong.    Pen or Pencil on paper, I am good to go.   But even using the tablets for a few months I just cannot get comfortable with them    My sister recently picked up a new loaded up Surface Book 2.   After playing with it for a while, I loved drawing right on the screen.   But, a  bit hesitant to pay $3k for a laptop that only has a 1060 in it.   For that money, a much higher spec laptop and a Wacom Cintiq (or cheaper equivalent) could be purchased.     I need a new laptop anyway,   Just trying to decide if a new laptop and some sort of pen display would be better.   And if so, what pen display/tablets are good?   Or is the Surface Book 2 as good as its price.    I have to admit, it was pretty damn good for the short time I used it.

6 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

Curious what any Artists out there use, be it professionally or simply to pass the time.  

I just enjoy doing it to pass the time.  But I am having some issues.   Kinda funny, but I have problems using a mouse for art or 3d work.   Funny in that eye/hand coordination is part of gaming.   But for some reason there is a disconnect when doing art.    So I picked up a Wacom Intous and a Huion G11K figuring it would be much better using a stylus.    I was wrong.    Pen or Pencil on paper, I am good to go.   But even using the tablets for a few months I just cannot get comfortable with them    My sister recently picked up a new loaded up Surface Book 2.   After playing with it for a while, I loved drawing right on the screen.   But, a  bit hesitant to pay $3k for a laptop that only has a 1060 in it.   For that money, a much higher spec laptop and a Wacom Cintiq (or cheaper equivalent) could be purchased.     I need a new laptop anyway,   Just trying to decide if a new laptop and some sort of pen display would be better.   And if so, what pen display/tablets are good?   Or is the Surface Book 2 as good as its price.    I have to admit, it was pretty damn good for the short time I used it.

I have a surface book 2 and I love that thing. I like how I can draw on the screen directly, and play warframe on it as well. So yes, get it if you can