Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zip lines - Need some polish before Gas City Rework

CuteFoxyFox

So Zip lines were changed a long time ago after our lovely Parkour. They are usefull tools if you want to sit on them and shot enemies but not exacly as a tool to transport.

So Warframe since parkour rework gained amazing pase and speed. And Parkour is almost, always better option than zip line. 

As I said zip lines are cool to sit and shoot but thats about it. 

- Walking on it? - Bullet jump is faster (and preety sure wall run too)

- Jumping on it makes your WF lose all speed builded up while parkouring

- Jumping on it sometimes make your WF make some weird animations which do not help of keeping the phase of running

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I would do:

- Entering zipline never starts with this weird spin animation (that sometimes happen)

- When entering zipline - if you were running and bullet jumping - your frame does Silde on a zipline automaticly till it doesnt lose monumentum. Same thing you done with Zephyr's 1 or Archwing. Also if you gained a lot of monumentum (lets say from volt) your slide is also faster.

- Make a run a bit faster? (well its not must-to-have if we get this slide mechanic)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like zip lines are not as usefull as they were back in the days. Since we have parkour and a lot of possibilities to speed up

our warframes - which dont mostly work on zip lines - they are left and used sometimes maybe to cross something bullet jump cant

or used by Ivara players (Like me).

In my opinion, If new rework of Gas city is supposed to use a lot of Zip lines... we have to make some polish to them.

This would also make some diffrent playstyles possible. Since there is almost no way for lets say "Zipline player"

to catch up with Parkouring player.

Thank you for reading

This has been my opinion about incoming rework of gas city and ziplines

❤️

On the topic of Ziplines, there's also still the whole thing where you can get sucked up onto one
when what you really wanted to do was e.g. reload / pick up a Power Cell / revive someone.

So, I think a simple enough solution for that would be to only allow Zipline access while in mid-air.

vor einer Stunde schrieb CuteFoxyFox:

So Zip lines were changed a long time ago after our lovely Parkour. They are usefull tools if you want to sit on them and shot enemies but not exacly as a tool to transport.

So Warframe since parkour rework gained amazing pase and speed. And Parkour is almost, always better option than zip line. 

As I said zip lines are cool to sit and shoot but thats about it. 

- Walking on it? - Bullet jump is faster (and preety sure wall run too)

- Jumping on it makes your WF lose all speed builded up while parkouring

- Jumping on it sometimes make your WF make some weird animations which do not help of keeping the phase of running

What I would do:

- Entering zipline never starts with this weird spin animation (that sometimes happen)

- When entering zipline - if you were running and bullet jumping - your frame does Silde on a zipline automaticly till it doesnt lose monumentum. Same thing you done with Zephyr's 1 or Archwing. Also if you gained a lot of monumentum (lets say from volt) your slide is also faster.

- Make a run a bit faster? (well its not must-to-have if we get this slide mechanic)

I feel like zip lines are not as usefull as they were back in the days. Since we have parkour and a lot of possibilities to speed up

our warframes - which dont mostly work on zip lines - they are left and used sometimes maybe to cross something bullet jump cant

or used by Ivara players (Like me).

In my opinion, If new rework of Gas city is supposed to use a lot of Zip lines... we have to make some polish to them.

This would also make some diffrent playstyles possible. Since there is almost no way for lets say "Zipline player"

to catch up with Parkouring player.

Thank you for reading

This has been my opinion about incoming rework of gas city and ziplines

❤️

So much wasted text!watch the last devstream.....zip lines will improved with the update,not before

4 hours ago, Croise said:

So much wasted text!watch the last devstream.....zip lines will improved with the update,not before

Good to hear, didnt catched that. But anyway even if I have heard I would have wrote this as well.

Always good to leave some feedback for devs. Even if they are commited to a change - its always great to hear feedback matching with your plans.

It really gives you a motivation. 🙂

One thing that has always bugged me is that many abilities can't be cast on ziplines. I find myself sitting on them pretty frequently on outdoor Corpus defense tilesets, but I always have to jump off of them if I want to, for example, cast Cataclysm as Limbo, or Discharge as Volt.

From what I can tell, you can only cast "one-handed" abilities on ziplines, but I'd prefer if you could cast any abilities that you can cast mid-air.

I'm glad to see ziplines get some love. Maybe people will use them more when I play Ivara. :)

Edited by FemixZn