Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to farm focus

Williamwaitunnaing

Question

9 answers to this question

The base line for focus farming is afinity farming, a.k.a levelling. Thus, common levelling approaches work: Stealth on Saturn Telesto, any Dark Sector, and - of course - Sedna Hydron. As alternative to Hydron - if you prefer Corpus - you can try Pluto Outer Terminus, however it is less effective because it is a bigger map. I'll throw sanctuary onslaught here too, because works for levelling weapons.

Then, there are things that give you affinity boosts. Thus, doing "inifinite" fissure mission that give you short affinity boosts, and getting an affinity booster (from baro or the market).

And finally, there are things that are special for focus farming: Sanctuary Onslaught, which give you focus boosts, and then there is killing Eidolon and converting Eidolon Shards to focus… Although, there is no reason to bother if Sanctuary Onslaught is much faster. You can also convert the Synthetic Eidolon Shards from Sanctuary Onslaught to focus (not that I like them, but you can).

Oh, and did I mention Sanctuary Onslaught?

Edited by theraot
fixing typos
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Williamwaitunnaing said:

How much focus does a single onslaught can give me? I am only getting an average of 4000 focus per defense run

That heavily depends on what kind of lenses you've got and on what equipment...but you can get in the tens of thousands easily.

On 2018-08-13 at 9:38 AM, Williamwaitunnaing said:

what are tricaps?

Tricap means three eidolon capture ( capturing teralyst spawns gantulyst, and capturing gantulyst spawns hydrolyst ). With some experience and gear check capturing all three eidolon 4 times in a single night cycle ( or 4×3 in recruitment chat ) should be very easy while you need to put some effort to do 5x3 and 6x3 

Capturing eidolons gives you a big amount of focus. It shouldnt be hard to farm a few million focus once you start doing 4x3 or more ( since you need load of focus to max one skill and another 1 million focus to unbind it )

And those eidlons also drops arcanes wich you can sell for some plat. If you got lucky you might get arcane energize  ( sellable for 250 plat ) and arcane grace ( around 100 plat ). You can consider it as some pocket money (platinum ?)