The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Somachord for dojo?

wouldnt it be cool if the dojo could have its own somachord and research done? I think it would be amazing to be able to go into room settings and have a song playable in the room to give each room more to its theme of your choosing! Of course adding another selection in the dojo a "musician" title that warlords can check off in the ranks so only certain people can change the tunes!

• Like 1

been asking for this for a while.  The question I have is:  how do we mitigate volume between rooms?  you'd need to fade as you approach a door and fade in as you come out the other side to either default, or the next soma chord.  All that memory is why I'm guessing they haven't done this.

14 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

been asking for this for a while.  The question I have is:  how do we mitigate volume between rooms?  you'd need to fade as you approach a door and fade in as you come out the other side to either default, or the next soma chord.  All that memory is why I'm guessing they haven't done this.

perhaps something more like how colors work between rooms, instead of a fade system which would require more coding and work, have an effective area that spans the rooms and cuts off when leaving the room to another. each room is treated as its own section in that regard with color tones. i dont see why it cant be done with sound too. it would certainly add more.... vibe... pun intended. to the dojo. of course, from that becomes adding a mean of songs for the dojo like research. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XB1)MasterProtector said:

perhaps something more like how colors work between rooms, instead of a fade system which would require more coding and work, have an effective area that spans the rooms and cuts off when leaving the room to another. each room is treated as its own section in that regard with color tones. i dont see why it cant be done with sound too. it would certainly add more.... vibe... pun intended. to the dojo. of course, from that becomes adding a mean of songs for the dojo like research. 

the main issue is if you don't have fade in/out, it becomes jarring to move from one soundtrack to another mid beat.  It's why game music has transitions in all other areas of games.

• 5 years later...