Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways to improve star chart replayability?

light-v

I've been playing Warframe since 2014 and despite the attempts to revamp star chart with void 2.0, tileset remasters, new boss mechanics etc.. I always felt like the majority of the missions are still very dull and I know I'm not the first person to point this out it's definitely a tricky issue and they've been busy with Fortuna and Railjack so I'm fully aware that it's not a priority at the moment but I'd still like to discuss in hope that DE notice all the inputs from the community for future use

Don't get me wrong, the current situation is not that bad I think I've spent way more play time in star chart over the last couple of years and newer player might not feel the same as me (I'm probably burnt out from playing for so long as well) but I feel like it could be better. I understand that they have to factor new players going through it for the first time which is difficult to balance obviously

As side objectives, we have void parkour rooms which are great the first time you go through them but they've been there for a very long time and their drops is no longer as exciting as they used to be, ayatan treasures weeklies gave them some life but it gets repetitive and can be cheesed as they're basically pre-parkour 2.0 relics. Void vaults are facing the same issue albeit to a lesser degree because corrupted mods can be sold for some plats. Lua has some pretty good special rooms I really like their co-op aspect with the exilus mod rooms but they're mostly one time challenges. The falling floor through the defense mission also a very nice touch but it doesn't get enough attention imo. However, I wouldn't mind seeing more of these across the entire star chart with different rewards. In fact there are plenty of side objectives in the game but not all are particularly fun like collecting Kavat genetic codes 

In the latest devstream they talked about backstory with the remastered gas planet tileset which got me very interested and this might be a step in the right direction

I also saw a lot of missed opportunities in a lot of interesting rooms which lots of things that look interactive but are just there for decoration (also applies to the camps and caves in the plains) which is a shame as I really thought they would do things with them

Personally, I'm not expecting crazy ideas from DE, I'd be plenty happy with some cool interactive details in a random room, I'd like to see more co-op aspects beyond shooting stuff in the face with someone else. Maybe in-mission interactive NPCs in specific rooms with unique trades? (not rescue targets). More minigames (especially co-op ones) would be cool too. Sometimes tiny things can go a long way

What would you guys want too see more in the star chart?

-Mission level selection for cleared planets.

-Parkour rooms on more tilesets, not just Void/Derelict

-Making all Parkour rooms have a high chance (30%) of having an Ayatan statue inside.

-Bring back incursions from other factions mid mission (you start a Corpus mission, halfway some grineer/infested show up and it turns into a crossfire)

I also thought about "new game +" forces you to go through star chart from the beginning but harder (higher level, 300% mob damage), failure cause you to do it again entirely (although you can still progress at your will) maybe limited gear/mod selection? Progression gives your mastery and other goodies maybe cosmetics like the rift sigil to show that you've done it. Also drops radiant relics instead of the regular ones? I think this is kinda what they were trying to do with nightmare mode a long time ago

Edited by light-v

Missions where you could enjoy a challenge in different tilesets without wasting an hour in survival would be really cool. 3x to 5x more enemy dmg would help a lot since their damage scales way slower than enemy ehp in levels. And more special and eximus spawns right away! 

I feel things are dull because you are never in any danger once you start to just jump a bunch. Imagine a capture mission where taking a shot would mean you could actually die! I don't think there is a single normal mission on the starchart that one shots you even if you use a dragon key.

Level selection would be a matchmaking nightmare tbh. A second playthrough would just split the veteran from the new players but it needs better rewards than what we have currently. In any case more interactions with the environment is welcome which hopefully will be the case with the new gas planet tiles 

Edited by light-v