Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Mag Haters

Slurmageddon

I am a new (dont like to say noob) Mag player. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Mag hater. Anyway, a lot of the stratergies you are talking about are not availalable to me as I dont have the tools to do a lot of what is being suggested, so my question is, what is probably the most efficient way to get my Mag all rambo?

I have Mod level 30, (cant find that potatoe, and I play for free and yes, I spent all my initial Plat on crap :( ) got a Braton on mod level 60 with mods like seration and hellfire on it with a few others which i dont exactly recall right now. I run around with Aklato and duel Zoren and use the death cube sentinal. Pull and crush are sorted, I didnt load the other powers as I needed mod slots for health and vitality, and I have flow fitted.

So, whta advice can you give me ?

Thanks in advance guys.

I am a new (dont like to say noob) Mag player. I wasn't even aware there was such a thing as a Mag hater. Anyway, a lot of the stratergies you are talking about are not availalable to me as I dont have the tools to do a lot of what is being suggested, so my question is, what is probably the most efficient way to get my Mag all rambo?

I have Mod level 30, (cant find that potatoe, and I play for free and yes, I spent all my initial Plat on crap :( ) got a Braton on mod level 60 with mods like seration and hellfire on it with a few others which i dont exactly recall right now. I run around with Aklato and duel Zoren and use the death cube sentinal. Pull and crush are sorted, I didnt load the other powers as I needed mod slots for health and vitality, and I have flow fitted.

So, whta advice can you give me ?

Thanks in advance guys.

Ok, well luckily all you NEED for what I was talking about is to max out your pull ability.

Your issue will really come about because youre using a fast weapon and not one of the big charge-hitters. Like orthos or scindo (the axe) 

These hit in a big wide arc and hit everything IN that arc, so when you use pull and a crowd of enemies are at your feet, you begin the wind up for your charge and you rip them apart.

Alternatively, you can pull them all to the ground step back and spray+pray at them on the ground but this wont be quite as satisfying.

I once witnessed a mag use pull to bring all the enemies around the mobile defense target to her in a corner then do jump melee, then pull, then jump melee in a pattern sort of... turning herself into a blender... it was AWESOME... all the enemies just died in her corner...

I have done this but did jump attack with reaper. Trying to charge attack might lead to a ground strike. Also yanking rollers into your face still staggers u bc they are immune to stuns including things like bastile

Ive been doing it to rollers and havent had that issue

Ok I follow you. I do have pull on max, not got any focus mod though. So you suggest getting a longer range melee with higher damage to use the pull more effectivly? At the moment, when I get in a tight spot I use the pull and crush option.

I have done this but did jump attack with reaper. Trying to charge attack might lead to a ground strike. Also yanking rollers into your face still staggers u bc they are immune to stuns including things like bastile

Actually every single roller should be destroyed when pulled. This is why i'm never wasting ammo on them, much more easier to hit 1 instead of runnin' and gunnin'.

Ok I follow you. I do have pull on max, not got any focus mod though. So you suggest getting a longer range melee with higher damage to use the pull more effectivly? At the moment, when I get in a tight spot I use the pull and crush option.

You could pick some melee with AOE, or replace its role with any fast shooting gun. If you're new player, I'd suggest to use Stalker's Scythe or Reaper to do a jump-melee. Fragor and Gram are also good enough. However, I'm more prefer to using Boltor and Flux than melee, because they've got much move dps in such a close distance.

However, you should LEARN to play with Mag and THINK on the battlefield. And this is not fun most of the time.

Actually, with such high shields and shield regen, you can do exactly the opposite. Rush in, give and take a lot of damage, run away to get your shields back, rinse and repeat.

And that's one of the reasons is one of my fav warframes :3

Actually, with such high shields and shield regen, you can do exactly the opposite. Rush in, give and take a lot of damage, run away to get your shields back, rinse and repeat.

And that's one of the reasons is one of my fav warframes :3

Her shields are not that high if you're using Coil Helmet. However, you may think even less, playing with Rhino, while playing with Mag you should press 2 time to time to restore your shields. And that's the tactic!

Im gonna sum up the course of why people dont really like MAG Much.

MAG is most effective when she is in a team.
LOTS of people prefer to run solo.
Put two and two together and there you go.

Personally I love it when a MAG is in my Team she pulls groups of enemies into my Abilities making them twice as deadly.
She can Recharge my shields entirely which is pretty dam awesome.
Bullet Attractor + Radial Javalin, because who doesnt like 20000+ Unscaled Damage in a single attack.

granted i haven't played much in the past few months because of my schedule, and therefore i've missed most of hte updates...

but unless this has changed, mag pairs up with excal to two-shot essentially every boss in the game.

it takes probably 10X the time to REACH the boss than it does to finally annihilate him effortlessly.

You realize Pull makes short range AOE effects much more efficient right?

Short range AOEs are either costly to use, inefficient or do self harm. The time and energy it takes to use pull makes the combo inefficient when compared to something as basic as Slash Dash.

Her shields are not that high if you're using Coil Helmet. However, you may think even less, playing with Rhino, while playing with Mag you should press 2 time to time to restore your shields. And that's the tactic!

I haven't used the Coil Helmet in  awhile, I don't like the way it looks, at all :/.

The nice thing with Mag is that, you can actually think of strategies that go beyond "press button - win" or, just play without any strategy at all and, get away with it most of the time, as long as you don't do dumb/extremely careless things.

Try Pull + Molecular Prime for massive KABOOMS

Btw only 1# and 2# are good on Mag atm

This is fun, but pull + any major AoE ability makes a super charged combo.

Pull + Nova = More KaBOOM for your buck

Pull + Bastille = Take a tea and biscuit break

Pull + Snowglobe = More slow motion! or remove vermin from home. Your choice.

Pull + Ember = burn every thing... EVERY THING!

etc.

Bonus combo!

Bullet Attractor + Radial Javalin = Damage. a ton of damage.

Mag isn't great for soloing i will admit (doable in the right hands), but pair her up with the right frame and she essentially amplifies other people's ability potential.

Edited by aldershot

At the risk of sounding very noobish, but i do need to ask. Can you explain for example the Pull + Ember. Ok, the pull bit I understand, but im not sure I understand the mechanics of the Ember bit. What would I need for it and how is it used ? I seem to think im missing something here.

thanks, sorry to be putting such nooby questions down.

At the risk of sounding very noobish, but i do need to ask. Can you explain for example the Pull + Ember. Ok, the pull bit I understand, but im not sure I understand the mechanics of the Ember bit. What would I need for it and how is it used ? I seem to think im missing something here.

thanks, sorry to be putting such nooby questions down.

every one starts some where

Firstly, i'd highly recommend you check out this link:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember_(Warframe)

Once you've done that, just understand that ember simply does AoE fire damage of varying degree with pretty much all her abilities.

Edited by aldershot

This is fun, but pull + any major AoE ability makes a super charged combo.

Pull + Nova = More KaBOOM for your buck

Pull + Bastille = Take a tea and biscuit break

Pull + Snowglobe = More slow motion! or remove vermin from home. Your choice.

Pull + Ember = burn every thing... EVERY THING!

etc.

Bonus combo!

Bullet Attractor + Radial Javalin = Damage. a ton of damage.

Mag isn't great for soloing i will admit (but doable in the right hands), but pair her up with the right frame and she essentially amplifies other people's ability potential.

Pull + Miasma :)

Pull + anything! It is 1 of the only combo starters we have in this game

About Ember i'd use Overheat for massive aoe fire dmg stagger, too bad World on fire is only 3 enemies at time... hopefully in U10 this will change.

Edited by Phoenix86