The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Spawn Mechanics - Definite Answer?

konfetarius

Question

15 answers to this question

well I've killed bosses 100's of time and played low level and Stalker doesn't show... well, that's coming from someone who's played more than half a year and have him shown up 3 times for wrong targets (once before the update stalker dropped his new stuff I was playing a random mission and Stalker comes after me for Golem who I had killed 2 months before this while I was taking a break from farming Hek... he needs better internet)

We don't know a lot since official statistics and such have not been released. If you want to farm stalker just know these:

• He wont spawn on assassination missions.
  • He appears sometime after you've killed a boss. Note that "killing" means the finishing blow, hence why many stalker farms prefer to do
  • assassinations solo.
  • Partying with other players that have killed bosses probably increases the likelihood.
  • Each boss may have their own separate trigger for when the stalker spawns. This is why some people say kill different types of bosses.
  • The stalker triggers may reset daily, although I've had stalker spawn several days after killing a boss.
  • The most important thing is to be persistent as more time spent means more chances for stalker.

In regards to lower frames, it's hard to know for sure. His chances are rather low and conclusive evidence is near impossible. It should also be noted that there may even be more than one type of stalker spawn just to confuse us.

Pretty much what Engelheim said.

Though to add to the point about stalker spawning over a boss you haven't killed recently, just a couple days ago I had stalker spawn on me for tyl regor. I haven't killed Regor in nearly a month as far as I recall. That happens to me a lot. Stalker spawns, mentions a boss, I wat because I haven't killed that one in ages.

As for the low level equipment thing, it feels to me like he spawns more often when I am wearing underleveled gear.

Also forgot to note that his chances are per mission, meaning the faster the mission the more chances per time you get. Doing long missions (void, defense) are not recommended if you want to get his stuff fast.

On defense missions his spawning is delayed, meaning that the flickering lights seem somewhat random and he will spawn much later than regular missions. I've had the unfortunate chance to have him spawn during the rewards screen. Things didn't end well.

I've had him spawn on me just as many times when I had my low level gear on as when I had my fully leveled gear on.  Using lower level gear doesn't increase his spawn rate, it just makes you die when he does.

Just kill a bunch of bosses (Nef seems to be a decent one to make Stalker angry, at least from my experience).

So far from so many different accounts of meeting stalker, i think is just pure RNG. I remember got one account of stalker taking revenge for a boss that haven't been unlocked by the player yet. Stalker spawning in tutorial before it is fixed also suggest just pure RNG.

You have to get the killing blow on a boss for the Stalker to target you.

Playing with the same group for a period of time usually helps the chances of Stalker attacking your group.

Stalker tends to attack when his target is using low leveled gear, or on very difficult missions. AKA, most vulnerable opportunity.

Stalker does not spawn on Assassination/Boss missions

Stalker seems to have a higher chance of spawning on Corpus missions, at least in my experience.

Stalker WILL NOT spawn on a mission that he has already killed you on before.

Defense missions can trigger Stalker on every set of 5 waves, though the wave he appears on inside that set is random.