Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quills Syndicate standing

MagicWhiteRabbit

Hello everyone! This is my first post ever in 2k+ hours in the game 😄 
I've searched the forum and only found 1 post about Standing lock with Quills. So I thought instead of bumping the old one I'll create a new one and give my feedback and some potential suggestions that can make Tenno lives at least a tiny bit easier.

I think everyone knows that if you reach the maximum rank at Quills and you get this pool of available standing feels really nice and you think of all the stuff you're gonna buy but then you realise that you can redeem only ~20-26k standing per day. That's barely enough to buy 2 top tier arcanes or build (but not gild) an amp. And this makes everyone sad. I would love to see something similar to other syndicates being implemented allowing those who grind being able to buy more stuff. And I have one suggestion that I think might help resolve this issue withouth hurting the ecosystem of the Grindframe:

Make eidolon shards tradable for standing.
Eidolon Shard - 100
Brilliant Shard - 500
Radiant Shard - 750
I feel like this is a good exchange for the grind it takes to get those. And it will give them other purpose than to convert them into focus (a welcoming change to those who have maxed out their focus trees)

Edited by MagicWhiteRabbit
accidently pressed publish

To be fair, I have never had an issue with Quills standing, I actually maxed it our faster than Cetus standing.  If you are out killing Eidolons you will have tons of cores, an obnoxious amount. What I did have an issue with is starting out with the quills there is no real good way to advance.  In this regard it may be nice to get Battlyst and Conculyst fragments that are worth 500 standing each, that way there is an alternative to trying to cherry pick vomvalysts at night.

I think his point is not that quills standing is hard to earn but that, you cannot surpass the daily limit unlike the normal syndicates that offer you their own missions and ability to find their emblems and exchange them for even more standing.

And coming back to OP post, I think it would be great if we could trade some of the eidolon shards for more standing. However I'm not quite sure about the numbers. 

Edited by FenrisHowls

1 minute ago, Danjal777 said:

To be fair, I have never had an issue with Quills standing, I actually maxed it our faster than Cetus standing.  If you are out killing Eidolons you will have tons of cores, an obnoxious amount. What I did have an issue with is starting out with the quills there is no real good way to advance.  In this regard it may be nice to get Battlyst and Conculyst fragments that are worth 500 standing each, that way there is an alternative to trying to cherry pick vomvalysts at night.

Yes you do have an absurd amount of cores but you can only redeem 20-26k standing with them per day. If you look at other syndicates in the game - there are missions that can give you medallions and standing upon completion + you get a sigil and daily cap leading to a much bigger numbers of daily available standing. With Quills 20-26k is all you have and its so little

2 minutes ago, FenrisHowls said:

I think his point is not that quills standing is hard to earn but that, you cannot surpass the daily limit unlike the normal syndicates that offer you their own missions and ability to find their emblems and exchange them for even more standing.

And coming back to OP post, I think it would be great if we could trade some of the eidolon shards for more standing. However I'm not quite sure about the numbers. 

Well yes, the numbers might need to be lowered to be approx. equal to other syndicates potential daily gain. This will require some math.

1 minute ago, Danjal777 said:

While you are right, wouldn't this be ridiculous if you could reach max standing in a day or two?

You can do that with other syndicates, why not allow players to reach it with quills as well? Those who've been saving up on Shards would have a lot of available standing, yes. But people who are just starting to learn their ways into the Eidolon hunt will have a tough choice - get focus or gear? I feel like Shards are ideal for this. Cores can be gained pretty easy, while getting Shards require an actual effort and proper team setup. So it will still be hard for newcomers to progress and give an additional option for veterans.

Yeah don't see a reason to do this in all honesty but then I'm not maxed on my focus yet.... I wouldn't mind a way of buying the shards from quills though to speed up focus gain but seeing how much a wisp costs I won't be holding my breath lol.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah don't see a reason to do this in all honesty but then I'm not maxed on my focus yet.... I wouldn't mind a way of buying the shards from quills though to speed up focus gain but seeing how much a wisp costs I won't be holding my breath lol.

No you don't buy the shards from Quills - you trade them to get standing, its the opposite.