Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Me To Be Taken Hostage...

Saenol

I'll actually use the pistol my captors foolishly left me, I promise. Also, I might not even bother to run around in circles four times before using stairs (Miss Cleo swore it would ward off Grineer rollerballs, but I suspect she just wanted her $1.99 a minute). I may even be smart enough not to follow the guy in the front rushing through danger; can't guarantee this though...I do have a pistol and I damn well intend to shoot someone.

In all seriousness, I think a game mode where one or more players are captured and stripped of their weapons (or possibly frames) and must escape, find their gear, and then make it to extraction could be fun.

Yes, yesYEEESSS!!! Though I don't know how to implement that outside of solo. Maybe have the four players be hostage in different spots and then regroup. Maybe even add a switch weapon function for grineer and corpus where you can switch you awful pistol with whatever they had or something like that.

escaping the cell the unconventional way and then having to find my gear and fight my way through hordes of grineer/corpus troops would be hella fun.

Not to mention it could be turned into a MP mode where after the player is rescued S#&$ gets real and heavies start coming out.

I would love gamemodes that give players other roles than KILL KILL KILL KILL 

You so haven't tried the following:

- "Who needs a damage counter?" Mode -

Run to the objective without killing anything! RUN RUN RUN (funny thing, this actually works so well)

- "How Many Deaths is Acceptable?" Mode -

DIE DIE DIE, as many times as you can and see how long it takes before they stop reviving you.

- "I am playing as a Team, Honest!" Mode -

Do nothing, go make a coffee, dinner etc and reap the goodies when you return!

- "Spawn Camping? Play with them!" Mode -

If you cant beat em, join em. At wave 5, everyone joins the spawn camper and game over, so satisfying lol

- "I died because i was spawn camping" Shiz and Giggles Mode -

For a wicked, mean twist, dont fully revive them, stop at 90% every time, just enough to keep them wondering.

Edited by Fourdee

My last experience was me playing a rescue mission solo, freeing the hostage, which got unsurprisingly stuck under a flight of stairs while lotus ordered me to collect some data masses, hoping for the hostage not to get swarmed while I was away. Of course, as fate would have it, the hostage got killed just as I finished getting the last data mass and was on my way back with about ten seconds between me and him/her.

Yeah, I'll gladly volunteer for being the hostage in missions as long as I'm compensated for it.

I'll actually use the pistol my captors foolishly left me, I promise. Also, I might not even bother to run around in circles four times before using stairs (Miss Cleo swore it would ward off Grineer rollerballs, but I suspect she just wanted her $1.99 a minute). I may even be smart enough not to follow the guy in the front rushing through danger; can't guarantee this though...I do have a pistol and I damn well intend to shoot someone.

You just hit two birds with one stone here.... make the game modes vary and have a hostage mission where you don't want to kill the hostage.... bumping into walls and running around in circles... you just want to put them out of their misery.

You know, I've been playing Deus Ex again and recently escaped the Majestic 12 secret labs under UNATCO HQ. Oh right, spoiler alert for the @(*()$ none of you who haven't played Deus Ex. I was thinking that if you died whole solo or too far away from everyone else and hit forfeit, there would be a chance of you waking up in a cell with minimal energy, only your melee weapon, sentinel un-equipped, and forced to stealth your way to a special armory where your gear and such were kept.

Granted, there would have to be a proper stealth mechanic fully fleshed out before being implemented.