Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Proposed "tweaking" Mechanic

JerichoFayne

WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW:  It's possible to make small tweaks to the stats of warframe using cosmetic items.

WHY IT'S BAD:

• Every possible stat adjustment isn't available for every frame, so many players are or will be disappointed with the available options.

• Some of the cosmetic choices aren't visually appealing, leaving you with the problem of buying or building a cosmetic item that is cosmetically terrible.

HOW DO I WANT TO FIX IT:  I propose a "Tweak" mechanic whereby players can make stat changes of their own choosing.  For example, maybe I decide that I'm willing to sacrifice 5% of the health on my Frost frame to get a 25% boost in running speed.

• When I buy or build a cosmetic item, I am prompted with the option to select a particular "Tweak" to apply to that item.

• I then am prompted to select what I want the item to look like, and I'm prompted with the available helmet choices - including a choice for the base-model helmet.

• Once I confirm my selections, that stat change is permanently locked to that specific item.

• If I want to make a change, I simply equip the item in exactly the same way you do now.

• If I want to have a different stat adjustment, I need to either build or buy another item & repeat the process.

• No new items are added into the game, so the drop pools aren't further diluted with new stuff.

Some would say the stats are preset because some bonuses would be rather powerful on certain 'Frames, and that presetting them allows for some control over that.

I mean don't get me wrong, I would love some more personalization. But what happened to the days when people could just accept something for what it is?

So what your proposing is when we buy or build a helmet, we can change how its stats effect us, implemented through some sort of bar thingy, which automatically adjusts? Or would we be given preset options for that particular helmet.
Also, could this potentially allow us to re-make the base helmet, but with stat increases and decrease.

this would become the second energy siphon. Everyone would follow a metagame and choose the same tweak because one of them will be the most effective.

That metagame is already going on with what's currently available, so I don't see the concern here.  All I'm proposing is we open up the choices.

Also, there isn't one specific tweak that will universally work in all situations.  Speed, armor, shielding, Power Strength - all of those will play roles depending on the frame, the mission, the pacing of the group, and the individual's play style.

So what your proposing is when we buy or build a helmet, we can change how its stats effect us, implemented through some sort of bar thingy, which automatically adjusts? Or would we be given preset options for that particular helmet.

Also, could this potentially allow us to re-make the base helmet, but with stat increases and decrease.

Exactly how the interface looks is really up for discussion.  I think that there should be a limit to how far a frame can be tweaked.  The idea is you drop one stat by a small margin, and get a larger increase to another - but the proportion for these should match what's currently in place.  I don't know if that would best be implemented with sliders, or with some type of menu with preset options.

My opinion is that once we get the helmet we should be able to chose to keep the stats of the helmet. So when we are presented with an appealing helmet with out stats that are particularly appealing to our play style we could chose not to use them. An example is like trinity's Meridian helmet which has stats that are terrible in my opinion, but I love the look of it I just wish I could use the regular helmet stats.

Edited by TheUnknownPerson

My opinion is that once we get the helmet we should be able to chose to keep the stats of the helmet. So when we are presented with an appealing helmet with out stats that are particularly appealing to our play style we could chose not to use them. An example is like trinity's Meridian helmet which has stats that are terrible in my opinion, but I love the look of it I just wish I could use the regular helmet stats.

This i approve.

BTW i read "twerking" instead "tweaking" in thread name and i was wtf. Silly me.

I also totally misread the title as "twerking" and almost immediately thought that this was another thread about nerfing Rhinos package.

However, yes, it would be nice to use one of the better looking helms without being stuck with the monkey added stats.