Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Blasts Don't Make Sense...

sp4rtan148

Iv'e always questioned the day the dera fired 2 continuous blasts, it never made sense to me, so iv'e made a sh!tty MS paint picture to help explain what i'm talking about. First of all, there is no way for the blasts to come out of the 2 ends on the dera, and it would make more sense if it just came out of the middle of the gun, looking at the halo 4 railgun, the spin-up charge for the gun appears to be where the dera's should be. Think of it as, the 2 "teeth" looking parts in the mid-section of the dera is where both positive (top) and negative (bottom) fuse together to create a pulse of energy at a strangely fast fire rate. Here is the picture.

I                                                                                  I                                                                      I

I                                                                                  I                                                                      I

\/                                                                                 \/                                                                     \/

zyk5.png

Edited by sp4rtan148

That's just it, the Dera is nothing like a rail gun. If you want to compare it to a Halo weapon, the Plasma Rifle is the most similar analogue it has. The Dera isn't a slow charging, hard hitting gun that works with magnetic rails, that's likely how the Lanka operates. The Dera shoots lasers/plasma bolts. And it likely has two barrels to help with heat dispersion or to increase rate of fire, or something.

Sorry, but I can't say it enough. Dera ISN'T a rail gun.

Hmm it does makes sense with that picture, creating and combining the positive and negative energy to create pulse of energy to fire, but I guess DE has its own explanation on how the Dera works, I mean we aren't following Halo's way of logic or firing mechanics of the gun now.

PS : I love your editing skills.

That's just it, the Dera is nothing like a rail gun. If you want to compare it to a Halo weapon, the Plasma Rifle is the most similar analogue it has. The Dera isn't a slow charging, hard hitting gun that works with magnetic rails, that's likely how the Lanka operates. The Dera shoots lasers/plasma bolts. And it likely has two barrels to help with heat dispersion or to increase rate of fire, or something.

But I just don't see where the dera can fire from the 2 barrels...

I guess this explanation already answered your question? xD

I guess this explanation already answered your question? xD

No it doesn't because the plasma rifle acts the same way, it doesn't fire 2 bolts, it fires 1 through the channel of 2 barrels, see below.

p5ly.png

Edit: same with plasma pistol shots.

0obh.png

Edited by sp4rtan148

Well at least the Dera will have another barrel to shoot from (the middle) if the devs ever push through with the alternate fire modes for weapons.

And I quote from the latest developer workshop posts: "Weapons and weapon skins - some new firing modes for added diversity!"

Edited by sp4rtan148

No it doesn't because the plasma rifle acts the same way, it doesn't fire 2 bolts, it fires 1 through the channel of 2 barrels, see below.

p5ly.png

Edit: same with plasma pistol shots.

0obh.png

You're kinda forgetting that Halo and Warframe are two different games whose design has no bearing whatsoever on the other game's. 

DE has their own style, but when i made the dera, it looked as if its a center shot gun. It would fit character much more if its 100% accuracy from a straight line rather than two alternating prongs so to say. There is a major science and perspective programs in the dera to have 100% accuracy with alternating barrels as well. And the two prongs would give more magnetic thrust i feel if the dera is an actual rail gun

DE has their own style, but when i made the dera, it looked as if its a center shot gun. It would fit character much more if its 100% accuracy from a straight line rather than two alternating prongs so to say. There is a major science and perspective programs in the dera to have 100% accuracy with alternating barrels as well. And the two prongs would give more magnetic thrust i feel if the dera is an actual rail gun

Now i'm starting to wonder, on the 2 prongs, why would they add holes for the blasts to come from, if they had a whole in the gun for the blasts to come out as they were originally. Weird.

Ok OP, I'll answer directly to your first post then.

Iv'e always questioned the day the dera fired 2 continuous blasts, it never made sense to me, so iv'e made a sh!tty MS paint picture to help explain what i'm talking about. First of all, there is no way for the blasts to come out of the 2 ends on the dera, and it would make more sense if it just came out of the middle of the gun, looking at the halo 4 railgun, the spin-up charge for the gun appears to be where the dera's should be. Think of it as, the 2 "teeth" looking parts in the mid-section of the dera is where both positive (top) and negative (bottom) fuse together to create a pulse of energy at a strangely fast fire rate. Here is the picture.

"it never made sense to me" <= Your opinion makes no sense to me.

"there is no way for the blasts to come out of the 2 ends on the dera" <= Except there is a way, it's called "barrels" and they can be seen in this picture.

"it would make more sense if it just came out of the middle of the gun" <= No, it wouldn't make more sense because there are already ACTUAL barrels. 

"looking at the halo 4 railgun" <= Again, another game. Completely different designs and rule for weaponry.

"Think of it as, the 2 "teeth" looking parts in the mid-section of the dera is where both positive (top) and negative (bottom) fuse together to create a pulse of energy at a strangely fast fire rate." <=  Where does that even come from? Even if what you said made sense, the gun already has two barrels. Which are meant to be used.

It's like saying that Gorgon actually should fire from the spikes on top of the gun because you think it makes more sense (spikes=dangerous). It really doesn't. 
Edited by Kinperor