Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weapon Concept] Corpus Glaive

Regar

Well, the base idea of the concept is quite simple:

A thrown weapon developped using Anti-Moa technologies, which matches the Glaive Design with the Corpus one.

Contrary to the Glaive, this weapon wont be aimed to murder and dismeber people, it will be more like a utility pocket CC instead (it's something more like the kestrel).

But, Why? because it's fun to see enemies lying on the ground (of course),

and it might also result a really effective tool for people who dislike to engage enemies in close combat.

Since the "Corpus Disk" will exploit the Anti-moa technology, it will work exactly as the current disks launched by Anti-Moas:
An Energized Disk which creates a pushing force field everytime it bounces on a wall (this weapon will definitely take advance from rebound mod, a mod that's not so useful on the current glaive).

lXfTzNM.png

This is just a general idea (a concept) so i don't feel like writing down numbers and values of any kind.

Let's just say that it will be heavier then a glaive/kestrel, which means that its attack speed, charge speed and movement speed will be penalized by his shape and weight.

The base damage should be mostly Impact (since corpus weapons tend not to have spikes or blades) with Electric (as other corpus weapons) or, why not, Magnetic as innate element on charge attacks. (the damage will be obviously low due to its purpose to bounce on walls and not on enemies, yeah i know that "who wants  a weapon which can't kill enemies? answer: people who don't aim to the higest DPS in the score board!!!)

I think that this weapon might be a good candidate as Researchable weapon through Corpus Lab in the dojo, since i don't think that a corpus itslef will ever throw something far different from a grenade or a pocket-robo-turret (i should consider to develop this other idea @_@)

Yeah, i know, i know, you are bored hyped and you want to see some Concept Art behind it.

I'v done a little sketch trying to follow my ideas, but it's not that squarish to be a Corpus weapon, whatevs:

blcgcdm.png

Aaaand, that's it, there is nothing else to say xD (i had a lot of fun doing this concept, i'll probably do something else sooner or later)

Greetings, Regar

Edited by Regar

Give it pure electrical damage and it would be sweet to use - differentiate it from the current Glaive by making it a weapon with elemental focus (like Lecta or Synapse).

well, to be honest the "damge" itself never interested me that much, but i agree that an elemental component will be interesting,

in my opinion it should follow the scoliac mechanic, normal attacks have no element but the innate element of the weapon get released only after chargin the heavy attack, that will make sense since the weapon need to polarize his edges in order to create force fields, how to polarize the weapon? chargin it xD

No then it would remove the point of the glaive and people would thing that the glaive is a normal weapon when its really the op ba Hayden tenno weapon like it is

i don't understand much what you are saying, but it seems a negative comment, i'll answer with a cute cuddly face :3

well, to be honest the "damge" itself never interested me that much, but i agree that an elemental component will be interesting,

in my opinion it should follow the scoliac mechanic, normal attacks have no element but the innate element of the weapon get released only after chargin the heavy attack, that will make sense since the weapon need to polarize his edges in order to create force fields, how to polarize the weapon? chargin it xD

i don't understand much what you are saying, but it seems a negative comment, i'll answer with a cute cuddly face :3

If you play Darksector the predicesor of Warframe your main weapon is the same glaive thats in warframe the glaive was an amazing weapon and I think that if you make a corpus glaive then people will think that glaives are a common weapon and isnt as special it as it really is

If you play Darksector the predicesor of Warframe your main weapon is the same glaive thats in warframe the glaive was an amazing weapon and I think that if you make a corpus glaive then people will think that glaives are a common weapon and isnt as special it as it really is

that's an interesting point of view, but i think that it will become "more special" instead (you kinow a weapon that uses tenno most deadly design combined with another kin of technologies, that makes me love it more and more xD )

But, well, that's just my point of view, and i'm sorry if i used your most loved weapon for my concept, once again a cute cuddly face to make you less grumpy :3

Edited by Regar

Your demo for it was superb. +1 from me pal >:D

ahaha i'm glad that you could appreciate that, being a graphic designer doesn't allow me to be that good at drawing xD (i'm taking lessons, i swear i'll become able to draw something better sooner or later)

And i still want it badly.

your support is appreciated as well xD
Edited by Regar

No then it would remove the point of the glaive and people would thing that the glaive is a normal weapon when its really the op ba Hayden tenno weapon like it is

But Glaive can do over 1000 damage and chop enemies in half when you throw it.  I don't imagine this thing would be capable of that.

To be fair the OP did describe it as Tenno-built using repurposed Corpus tech, not as something that Corpus run around throwing at you.  The official description could say something like that, "Tenno research has developed a new variant of this rare and ancient design".

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

• 4 months later...

Please... use full stops.

All that aside, I think this'd be a brilliant idea. Right now we've only got OP weapons and weapons that don't do much/aren't even a viable option in combat. This'd be a great addition!

+1

Edited by Keybopsef