Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Event Mods Are Bandaids

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

Instead of buffing the current IPS mods, DE has decided to release newer, better versions. And not only that, but they're event exclusives too! DE, I want what you're smoking.

A connoisseur of bandaids, one could say. Be sure to seek expert opinion on this topic.

I agree with your general sentiment. I'm not even sure if the event mods are 'bandaids' by my loose definition. There was no need to release further IPS mods until deficiencies in other aspect of combat are addressed.

And they're still questionably useless even with so much extra power. 

Questionably useless?  Hardly, there's plenty of melee weapons who benefit from such a massive slash damage increase (Glaive Prime, Orthus Prime, and the Dragon Nikana for starters).

As for guns, we've got plenty there too.  Dread, Braton Prime, Boar Prime, Soma, and the Marelok.  And most of these weapons hit like tanks already.

Questionably useless?  Hardly, there's plenty of melee weapons who benefit from such a massive slash damage increase (Glaive Prime, Orthus Prime, and the Dragon Nikana for starters).

As for guns, we've got plenty there too.  Dread, Braton Prime, Boar Prime, Soma, and the Marelok.  And most of these weapons hit like tanks already.

The math confirms that the max rank 120% Slash damage massively benefits Slash weapons, leading to another contender in loadouts.

Event rewards that encourage people to play the game at a given time have been in Warframe since early 2013. Not all event rewards are exclusive, still not sure about these, but in the short term they certainly are a time-sensitive reward to participate in this week's event on PC.

Locking this thread due to an inflammatory first post / "what are you smoking" approach to discussion. Not constructive.