Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dang Stunlock Needs To Go.

Yikitama

In a game that focuses so much on movement, I just find the amount of stun that can come the Tennos' way is ridiculous. From getting mobbed by infested to annoyed by rollers it rarely ever feels fair to get stunned like that. 

In a game where one of your major strengths is high mobility, it would make sense for movement penalties to exist, but not like the way it is now. Imagine if there were numerous enemies in Super Mario world that completely immobilized for more than three seconds. It'd suck.

You should always have some fighting chance, even if you make a mistake. Tone down some of the stuns or give us some control over where we move when we stumble. You could even let us just fire and swing our weapons in desperation when we get stunned.(major accuracy/speed debuffs?) There were even some suggestions of recovery rolls to get out of stuns if you time it right (Ukemi) (here's that post - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/27477-the-concept-of-ukemi/?hl=ukemi#entry248112) and that'd be great too. 

But please, make Warframe a little more funJust nerf enemy stuns, Please.

Or at least add diminishing returns on stuns for both players and enemies.

What I mean by that is if you are stunned, the next stun has only 2/3rds duration, the next one has 1/3rd duration, and then the stun after that doesnt affect you, nor can you be stunned for a short period of time.

It would prevent stunlock from enemies and prevent you from maxing out stun chance on weapons and then stunlocking a boss.

This has been brought up numerous times and als obeen acknowledged by DE developers, including Steve.

The problem is manifold, starting at the overabundance of stun from various sources, the slow recovery ("old man get-up") and the inability of players to break a stunlock chain. While there has been no definate statement on this, DE knows people hate the rollers and stunlock is in general not well received. While we didn't have any breakthroughs on that front, at least DE is aware.

Let's hope for the future, Tenno. :)

what's worst in this (i'm thinking of making a separate thread later) it's the only unconvinience enemies can offer. every faction, almost every enemy type, special ability - STUN (or stagger, that's not very good either).

and making the stun so excessive just as an excuse to add mod cards to deal with it... well, that's one part of this game i don't like. and i like this game a lot.

wierd that you stress mobility when those things force you into it. if you know those things will happen you adjust by not letting them happen. there are plenty of melee moves that allow you to dive in and out of combat doing high damage.

that being said, this game doesnt tell you what you are suppose to do. favoring to just hit you with a ton of stuns and leave you to figure it out, possibly with magic or high sorcery. i had to go to the forums and wiki to learn what the melee moves actually where.

that leaves you with what is suppose to be a badass tenno feeling weak. i can send enemies flying across the room but one melee hit and im floored.

what's worst in this (i'm thinking of making a separate thread later) it's the only unconvinience enemies can offer. every faction, almost every enemy type, special ability - STUN (or stagger, that's not very good either).

and making the stun so excessive just as an excuse to add mod cards to deal with it... well, that's one part of this game i don't like. and i like this game a lot.

Yeah, you shouldn't rely on Mods to make your game fun. It should be fun to begin with and just get funner from there.

Edited by Yikitama

wierd that you stress mobility when those things force you into it. if you know those things will happen you adjust by not letting them happen. there are plenty of melee moves that allow you to dive in and out of combat doing high damage.

This is also my attitude. The game should not reduce difficulty to satisfy the player, the player should aspire to conquering the game.

The amount of movement/combat options you have coupled with a team mentality it shouldn't really happen. I THINK (this is personal opinion) that the plan is to make these mechanics so as to keep players together and play as a team, same as they did with the nervos when they actually stunned you in place until someone helped you. Unfortunately this was considered "un-fun" and "difficult" and so was removed

I guess the devs have acknowledged it and are looking at it so as to satisfy the majority, which makes sense.

This is also my attitude. The game should not reduce difficulty to satisfy the player, the player should aspire to conquering the game.

The amount of movement/combat options you have coupled with a team mentality it shouldn't really happen. I THINK (this is personal opinion) that the plan is to make these mechanics so as to keep players together and play as a team, same as they did with the nervos when they actually stunned you in place until someone helped you. Unfortunately this was considered "un-fun" and "difficult" and so was removed

I guess the devs have acknowledged it and are looking at it so as to satisfy the majority, which makes sense.

The stunlocks aren't just difficult, though. They're impossible. With the ancients and the rollers, often the stunlocks are unavoidable. I can live with stuns in a game, but having three or more stunners constantly hitting you is ridiculous. With a full party it's not as big of a deal, sure, but a lot of people like to play solo or duo. 

I actually don't mind the shockwave moas, and I wouldn't mind the stuns if they were more like that instead of auto-targeting and near constant.

This is something i would really love to see in this game

But you can avoid getting stunlocked easy, stunlock them first!

no srsly with a bit timing you can roll trought the attacks from the ancient and with jumps you can prevent the stun from the rollers, or just get too a higher ground and shot them, dont fear the little balls of terror

Stuns shouldn't be nerfed per say, otherwise tenno would just slaughter everything.

There just need to be mechanics in place to get out of stuns... for example not having the reload bar reset every time a roller gets me would be great. I can understand if it resets when I get knocked over, but which well trained soldier lets go of his weapon when he gets shoved a little?

On the other hand, I would prefer reaction timers. Say you get stunned, but there is a key sequence you can press in a limited time so you do a wide sweeping AOE attack immediately after (which isn't affected by chained knockbacks). Similarly for knock downs, I press a sequence of 5 keys while I'm in the air and it back flips me onto my feet and out of harm's way.

Edited by CloudPies