The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Talk & Build Help

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Alright so I've started to level my Limbo Warframe, and I have to admit I'm struggling alot about him. but lets get to kown what I think of him.

I love his looks and design, both are really perfect and suits me quite well, I do love the Black & White Tuxedo look, with my own added golden parts. His powers are very good as well, being able to be untouchable while in the rift, and to banish to kill one person at a time is wonderful. However now for the bad parts.

He is weak, very very weak, very low HP & Shields and even Armor, and this is what I hate alot about Limbo, I dislike glass-cannons alot. Even with a fully leveled Vigor hes weak. Also while he is in the Rift, people can still see him, and hes still effected by auras.

So, now how I want to play him: I whuold like his build to be that I can stay within the Rift, for as long as possible and to banish enmmys to kill them. (Rift Walk & Banish aim). However I whuold love the fact, that I can have more HP/Shields and Armor, so I'm not one-shotted.

So can someone help a Tenno out?, another thing I should bring up, is that I do not, or do I intend to own Primed Mods. As they are too much, take too much cores to fully level.

Legion

14 answers to this question

Currently limbo only really shines as a support frame to dmg frames by banishing mesas/excals. He is actually also one of the least played frames right now, most people use high duration low rage builds to protect cryopod in defense missions. Other than that I don't have a lot of build ideas, but I do wish de would buff him maybe something like allowing him to put multiple enemies in the rift with banish ( it would target enemies similar to Equinox rest/rage) and maybe give him a damage reduction based upon how many enemies he puts in the rift or something. I think the addition of those 2 features would drastically increase his effectiveness and make him more viable.

I had a hard time mmodding him too. My build here is a "jack of all trades", useable for almost every situation. It fits expecially a playstyle implying banishing large groups of enemies with Cataclysm, and then slaughter them with your weapons using Rift Surge. You can use Rift Walk to attack from outside the Cataclysm, and Banish isolated enemies. It's pretty effective.

Here is my "Perfect Build" ^^ .

EDIT : There is a Primed Continuity in my build, you can replace it with normal Continuity without losing much effectiveness.

Edited by Arkhenbarn

High Duration, low range is how most play limbo. One good thing for limbo, he's a poor man's loki: He can do Spy and Rescue missions really well but loki is better. (The Lasers on spy missions don't detect you when you are rift walking through them, but the cameras can still detect you.) (On higher level missions, banishing the rescue target can protect him greatly while everyone escapes)

Limbo has more tactical advantages than strategic ones. Also, I always only run a Max vitality for all my frames. (Nightmare missions don't effect me and I still get lots of buffer health, while my sentinel has a max guardian precept. You only ever need one health/ shield mod on, as anything more is wasted space for ability modifiers.

EDIT: This is my Limbo build HERE I use Rift Torrent Augment to work like a wanna-be Intensify to increase my damage. (You could essentially run around banishing enemies while in the regular dimension while gaining damage boosts from them and making them unable to harm you. Rush can be substituted for a mid rank range mod if you want Cataclysm a little bigger. (Less shrinkage of Cataclysm over time if it is smaller)

Edited by Viedra_Lavinova

Thank you so much for your build ideas people, anymore people will help, but I'll look into them now, I will leave this unsolved, as for right now, as Im going to be taking ideas off both Arkhenbarn & Viedra.

I will update tomorrow morning, once I get some shut-eye, and see what I can do.  So if you both chuold follow this topic, that will be wonderful.

2 setups;

The most common use of Limbo as an assassin with a defensive bubble; low range, high duration - drop Cata on a defense objective / team 'safezone', go off on your own and bring individual targets into the rift with Banish and execute them.

The less common nuke setup is lots of range and strength, use Cata to bring large groups into the rift and nuke em with an AoE weapon, taking advantage of the damage boost from Rift Surge to burn em down quick. Extremely squishy and rather hands on, but does work well.

Banish augment is nice to heal teammates; Rift Surge augment is nice for the second setup, more damage. The Cata augment is pointless; in the first setup not a lot of killing goes on in the bubble, and in the second setup you don't need a long bubble.

So, now how I want to play him: I whuold like his build to be that I can stay within the Rift, for as long as possible and to banish enmmys to kill them. (Rift Walk & Banish aim). However I whuold love the fact, that I can have more HP/Shields and Armor, so I'm not one-shotted.

Sounds like you want lots of duration, with decent strength and not too terrible efficiency (if using BR use Streamline, etc); Stay in rift, throw on your surge buff to amplify weapon damage, bring enemies in with Banish and kill them.

If you're feeling squishy, the answer for Limbo is installing (P)Flow and QT, which turns your energy pool into effective health. As the rift regenerates 2 energy per second, this is a better option than adding shields or health directly.

Alright, so I've done this build: This mostly has lots of duration, with hopefully decent Strength, being able to stay in the Rift as long as possbile, while having good surge.

Then, I picked Quick Thinking, Flow, and then Vigor, with 2 Shield/HP mods, however as Darzk said, I might be able to remove them. Viial & Red, However I will keep Vigor (I love that mod). I also have high armor,

http://goo.gl/or3Sau

However here is the Second Build: This is going of Darzk with Arkhenbarn blended in, with tiny flakes of Viedra. Please note that I will be moreless not getting Primed Mods, unless I was gifted them, and with the cores to fully level them. So for the time being I will stick to the normal ones.

http://goo.gl/M2Fk41

So here are my 2 builds so far, feel free to take a look and change them around: I am aiming for super long Rift walk, and Surge Damage. And able to live for a long time.

Edited by LegionCynex

I use him sometimes on sorties. The perfect medic, lol.

Also the rift bubble can protect a mission objective. When I pop power 3 I am even able to kill the high level enemies. Thing is - it might interfere with other players who don't know or don't like to play with rift.

Ah well, I guess they'll just have to deal with it when I bring him.

There really isn't too much you can do with Limbo that hasn't already been said.

Its either Team support (high duration/low range)

Solo Super Dmg with your 2 and combining your 4 and bringing people to the rift with 1 (Moderate Duration/Low range/As much str without killing your Eff)

Limbo is the best Frame for Rescue missions, bar none.

But, besides that, I did take my barebones Limbo (no Reactor, no Forma) to a Sortie Exterminate for fun. Built with Strength and Duration, I used a combination of Rift Walk, Rift Surge and Banish to kill the level 80-100 enemies one at a time. In front of their comrades.

No, I wasn't laughing maniacally throughout the mission. You can't prove it.