Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Good Excalibur Builds?

Emanate-Night

Question

20 answers to this question

I usually use a glass cannon build for most frames, usually put on a balance of all the maxed corrupted stat mods with primed mods and no livability whatsoever (meaning no vitality, redirection, Etc.). It makes for a good challenge while trying to rack as much damage as you can before getting hit once or twice and then dying, it really teaches you self-practice on dodging.

That or if you want it fairly balanced like others have mentioned, just do the good old upgrade every stat with normal mods like Streamline, Vitality, Intensify. Etc.

It depends on what you want though, did you wanna focus on one stat or just a good all around build?

Edited by zaxiade

Secret, your build uses QT and rage as defense combo? Not great combination imo.

This is no forma build I've made, overall fairly balanced build, only thing it lacks is power strength, which can be included later instead of armored agil, which is "optional" mod.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999602827077/985D3797E670176200FA406E37D9B5BCD5D5801A/

Edited by ThorienKELL

Rage + Life Strike = Win

I fun two different builds with Excalibur.

One build for overall damage for lower lvl (20-25) where all my abilities are useful, even my Javelins. Sometimes I swap fleeting for the Jav augment just for the fun of it.

gyYFctq.jpg

And another build for blind + exalted blade. I use this for high lvl and endgame missions/defense. Like before, I sometimes swap fleeting for the blind augment for the extra damage on those 100+ enemies. (I'll max that Power Drift later XD)

qJulzAr.jpg

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Rage + Life Strike = Win

Yep.

That's just one alternative tho.

Rage+life strike is splendid for midgame-endgame, the strongest build is a full efficiency build on stock duration&range with surging dash tho. Use it with a huras and get a big energy pool instead of relying on incomming damage.

The idea is pretty simple. Activate EB, start slash dashing and enjoy the strong slash dash waves amplified with a stealth multiplier and a additional combo multiplier.

It isn't very effective as AE but shredds absolutely evrything it hits while you're fully protected with the huras stealth. (Unaffected by slash dash)

We are talking bout 150k waves on a regular base here...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Secret, your build uses QT and rage as defense combo? Not great combination imo.

This is no forma build I've made, overall fairly balanced build, only thing it lacks is power strength, which can be included later instead of armored agil, which is "optional" mod.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/579074999602827077/985D3797E670176200FA406E37D9B5BCD5D5801A

Well I use a melee that utilises Life Strike and Berserker. I only put QT as a fail safe. I can use a vitality instead of Primed Flow or something.

If your build has room, try to throw a Stretch onto there. EB benefits from the stealth multipliers that Blind grants, so it's basically "press 2 to do quadruple damage against everything in the map" (with the added bonus of having enough CC to carry most Defense missions). Personally, I put this at higher priority than STR in my EB build.

Edited by SortaRandom

Well I use a melee that utilises Life Strike and Berserker. I only put QT as a fail safe. I can use a vitality instead of Primed Flow or something.

Thing is, rage is working out of life taken from you. If you want to utilize potential of rage, healthy life pool is recommended. You want those enemies to hit you. And since excal has solid armor value, vitality is more suited for him. QT is better for low life high energy low armor casters while life is for brawlers.  I mean it works this way as well, but costs more and it's not 100% optimized imo. Perhaps it's bit safer. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

I take Rage.. Vitality.. (Primed) Continuity.. (Primed) Flow.. Steel Fiber.. Stretch.. Intensify.. Quick thinking.. (Exilus) Handspring and aura either Steel Charge or Corrosive Projection.

Reasons: Rage, Steel Fiber and Quick Thinking works well because it's worthwhile to know that when blocking with melee Rage converts damage pre-mitigated, including blocking. Vitality is a no brainer.

Continuity and flow are there for efficiency really, since duration affects toggles. Stretch is for blind.

Intensify for damage.

Intensify and Quick Thinking can be replaced to your playstyle.

Note this is mainly for solo/high tier missions.

All Around build:

W9S5PVV.jpg

Quick Thinking build:

zwoqw5a.jpg

Radial Javelin Build:

DEob3cY.jpg

*For the All Around Build you can replace Stretch with Intensify or Corrosive with Steel Charge if you wish.

Also despite the fact that this build has 67% duration, you will still have the lowest possible drain on Exalted Blade. This is due to the fact that this build technically has 190% efficiency due to the maxed Fleeting and Streamline Mods.

67% duration also gives 10 secs of Blind for RB. More than enough time to finish up all enemies

*Quick Thinking Build is mainly used if I ever decide to go past 1 hour T4 solo, other than that the all around build can handle everything

*Radial Javelin Build is only put here so you know that the polarities can fit this build. This build is mainly for Draco+ EV trin cheese tactics. I don't ever use this but some people might want it.

*Melee I use the following mods:

Pressure Point
Life Strike *Unranked
Berserker
Fury
90% Elemental
90% Elemental
90% Elemental/Spoiled Strike
Focus Energy/True Steel/Spoiled Strike

Mix and match with the melee mods as you wish but I prefer this setup

Edited by Loki