Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Puppeteer(Pet) Frame (With Concept Art)

EVAtemplar117

Not perfect, but it's a start:

2f5DVCV.png

Basically a frame that uses a marionette hanging of his body for his powers. Design is based of of jesters (with care to distinguish him from Loki). The marionette can split off into pieces to reveal blades from it's limbs.

Now onto powers (in no particular order):

Helix Blade:

Marionette's upper body is throw forward, blades extended out of it's arms, spinning. Jumps back to frame once it lands. Higher levels increase range and damage.

p1AQhOX.png

Iron Maiden:

Marionette's upper body is throw forward, chest opens up and latches on to first enemy hit, holding him in place and doing light damage with spine-mounted blade. Later levels release threads (increasing amount with level) from marionette after latching on, constricting additional enemies (based on where thread ends and line of sight instead of normal AoE).

TQ12fhC.png

Marionette's Dance:

Marionette completely assembles, and dances around to each enemy and attacks with arm-blades. Also acts as a decoy. Higher levels increase health and damage.

ZufI1iy.png

Marionette Whirlwind:

Marionette's upper torso floats into the air, launches threads outward, constricting enemies. All limbs reveal blades and start spinning around center, slowly moving outwards, doing damage. Later levels increase range, number of threads, and damage.

Rva4UHL.png

Alternative power ideas:

Iron Golem:

Marionette attracts objects and enemies in range, forming a Golem-like body. Similar to Marionette's Dance, but slower with more health and power, with ranged attacks if it absorbed guns.

Other recent posts:

Iaido Blade: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105429-split-second-energy-blade-with-concept-art/

Classy Pistols: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113714-a-pair-of-classy-pistols-with-concept-art/

Edited by EVAtemplar117

Love it ! also original well thought out.

If the puppet had idle animations while wearing it as armor............. *CHUCKS MONEY AT SCREEN*

I think passives in this game are too far fetched but in this case, would it be too much to ask for the base armor of the frame to go up if no abilitys are in use =D

Edited by Big_Ed

Love it ! also original well thought out.

If the puppet had idle animations while wearing it as armor............. *CHUCKS MONEY AT SCREEN*

I think passives in this game are too far fetched but in this case, would it be too much to ask for the base armor of the frame to go up if no abilitys are in use =D

Thanks! I considered it too, that the frame should have increased armor and decreased speed when no ability is in use.

At first, this looked kinda creepy, then i got to thinking about it and i love the idea of your powers sending a robot to do all the Tanking/Killing/dangerous work for you, while you rush in behind her. this could be a really useful warframe for survival and defense missions, ESPECIALLY rushing if they make the robot fast enough. I think this could use some tweaking, but could be a very good addition to the game.

----- also IDLE ANIMATIONS WITH THE BLINKY EYES AND MOVING HEAD WOULD BE AWESOMENESS you know, while its on your body, maybe  bumping up n down / physics effected when you run/fall/jump so on MAN this would be a cool effect

Edited by Speed

At first, I was skeptical of a puppeteer frame. Then I read your abilities and saw your drawings, and now all I have to say is: so much yes.

My main issue with it is that you seem to have two ultimates. Helix Blade could be an excellent 1st ability, and the implementation of the strings on Iron Maiden would be easily executed due to the similarities in targeting to Radial Javelin. I think both are excellent and imaginative abilities that wouldn't be very hard to balance.

However, Marionette's Dance and Marionette Whirlwind are both of ultimate quality the way you've described them. My suggestion? Make Marionette's Dance the ultimate, as since it is the sole ability that fully assembles Marionette it has that extra flavor aspect. Then, modify Marionette Whirlwind to fit as a third ability by making it a targeted ability with a relatively small AoE, attaching a string to the target that Marionette then travels along. She would then transform into the described whirlwind at that enemy's location before returning to the Warframe.

If I might be so bold as to suggest a name or two, I feel that Twine or Harlequin fit best.

Creepy but awesome. However, Marionette's Dance sounds fairly similar to Bladestorm.

I admit that it is, I tried to differentiate it by having the marionette act more like an entity (has to run around, can be shot and killed) and being more like an extra player who melee attacks and can act as a decoy.

I admit that it is, I tried to differentiate it by having the marionette act more like an entity (has to run around, can be shot and killed) and being more like an extra player who melee attacks and can act as a decoy.

And personally, I think you did an excellent job of that. It is different enough from Blade Storm that it could easily find it's place in the game. Plus, if the animations were anything like you've drawn (that dance one cracks me up, the 4th one) I think it would be used for sheer happy-hilarity-unique-factor.

Besides, think about all the radial-damage ultimates. When you really get down to it, they are quite similar, merely with gimmicks or alterations that fit the flavor of the frame and give them different utilities. Marionette's Dance fits into a pattern that has worked well thus far, simply applying those variations to Blade Storm rather than the more explosive radials. If you didn't already have my +1, I would give it again.

EDIT: Still rofl-ing at that 4th drawing. The pose is great, and that grineer just looks so surprised XD

Edited by Siubijeni

I have a feeling this thing should be named "Harlequin".

Harlequin fits but generally speaking the names are shorter and simpler than that. One or two syllables and not long letterwise. Excal and Trin are the sole exceptions and they were some of the first. And well... people abbreviate them as Excal and Trin because they're longer and less fluid.

I feel like Twine would be a good name, in reference to the fact that he has a marionette. It's short, it's simple, and it rolls of the tongue.

Harlequin fits but generally speaking the names are shorter and simpler than that. One or two syllables and not long letterwise. Excal and Trin are the sole exceptions and they were some of the first. And well... people abbreviate them as Excal and Trin because they're longer and less fluid.

I feel like Twine would be a good name, in reference to the fact that he has a marionette. It's short, it's simple, and it rolls of the tongue.

eh, maybe, but "Twine" just gives me the mental image of a non-threatening arts and crafts material.

And upon reflection, people would just shorten "Harlequin" to "Harley", like the Batman villainess Harley Quinn.

It's a really nice concept! I like that it's removed from the normal conventions of OP elemental damage or energy and that it actually utilizes movement as a skill. My only hesitation is that all of the skills are offensive skills. It's okay to be focused on offense, but there should be at least one utility skill like the Marionette being remote controlled from afar while you're hiding or like the Marionette copying your actions making melee attacks more effective.

Still, here have my +1!

• 4 months later...

Not perfect, but it's a start:

2f5DVCV.png

Basically a frame that uses a marionette hanging of his body for his powers. Design is based of of jesters (with care to distinguish him from Loki). The marionette can split off into pieces to reveal blades from it's limbs.

Now onto powers (in no particular order):

Helix Blade:

Marionette's upper body is throw forward, blades extended out of it's arms, spinning. Jumps back to frame once it lands. Higher levels increase range and damage.

p1AQhOX.png

Iron Maiden:

Marionette's upper body is throw forward, chest opens up and latches on to first enemy hit, holding him in place and doing light damage with spine-mounted blade. Later levels release threads (increasing amount with level) from marionette after latching on, constricting additional enemies (based on where thread ends and line of sight instead of normal AoE).

TQ12fhC.png

Marionette's Dance:

Marionette completely assembles, and dances around to each enemy and attacks with arm-blades. Also acts as a decoy. Higher levels increase health and damage.

ZufI1iy.png

Marionette Whirlwind:

Marionette's upper torso floats into the air, launches threads outward, constricting enemies. All limbs reveal blades and start spinning around center, slowly moving outwards, doing damage. Later levels increase range, number of threads, and damage.

Rva4UHL.png

Alternative power ideas:

Iron Golem:

Marionette attracts objects and enemies in range, forming a Golem-like body. Similar to Marionette's Dance, but slower with more health and power, with ranged attacks if it absorbed guns.

Other recent posts:

Iaido Blade: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/105429-split-second-energy-blade-with-concept-art/

Classy Pistols: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113714-a-pair-of-classy-pistols-with-concept-art/

I like your idea,and your "Iron Maiden" is similar to that of Kankuro's Iron Maiden from Naruto...very similar and liking it. Basically,Kankuro traps one enemy in the body of one of his puppets (called the Black Ant) and than the Crow disassembles his body parts each having a blade on the end than coming forth and putting his body parts through the holes on Black Ant impaling the captive enemy inside the Black Ant. But this is a awesome (even though a sick and demented) warframe!

This sounds VERY interesting, the idea of playing a frames that uses its abilities through a proxy that you have to use more often then once (looking at you, Vauban) is VERY interesting. I'd shell out the cash for another frame slot for this (I'm convinced that the mention of money draws DE's attention)