Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Interface Bug

Elkyn

You can no longer use a mod both on sentinel weapon & primary weapon at the same time even when you own it twice if the mods are at the same level because the mods are stacked.

For example : if you have 2 Serration mods max lvl you can no longer use it on flux rifle & death machine rifle because mods are stacked so you always use the same mod card.

We need this to be fix as soon as possible because the impact of this bug is on every mods for sentinel's weapons & tenno's weapon.

Cela dit je parle pas anglais et c'est super chiant pour expliquer ça alors si je ne suis pas clair, vous ete prié d'expliquer "encore" pour que cela soit corrigé au plus vite.

This isn't a bug.

This is a feature.

The only reason you can use the same mods for every weapon because you have to switch each weapon out to use it.

Before, you could just remove all the mods from your primary and switch it over to the one you plan to use.

This is time consuming, so they added this system.

Using the same mod on 2 items at the same time is impossible.

Edited by EganMC

This isn't a bug.

This is a feature.

The only reason you can use the same mods for every weapon because you have to switch each weapon out to use it.

Before, you could just remove all the mods from your primary and switch it over to the one you plan to use.

That isnt what he is talking about. He is saying that if you have TWO max level serrations, one for sentinel weapon use and one for primary weapon use it is not possible to equip one on a sentinel. Since they stack it only shows one max level serration mod in the mod list. And because of that you cannot equip TWO different max level serrations (one on sentinel, one on primary).

Nope EganMC.

Elkyn had tried to be clear but seems to be not enough.

If you got 2 mod at the same rank you will only see one in the selection tab.

So you can't use one for the rifle and the other for the sentinel  cause you only can select the first one.

My english isn't really better than Elkyn but it's another (ugly) way to explain the problem.

Solidarité entre FR qui ne savent pas parler l'anglais correctement. \o/

[EDIT] : Ninja but had upvoted the topic ;)

Edited by ZeGreymane

Glad to see some people understand what i tried to explain.

(...)

Solidarité entre FR qui ne savent pas parler l'anglais correctement. \o/

Vraiment ça fait plaisir. Même si on ne parle pas anglais correctement, tu as mieux compris mon propos que EganMC.

ppl now days why you go to school if you cant even read ???

he said if you have 2 or more. so if you have 2 MODs 2-2-2-2-2<---- see number 2 or Two ????? so 2 Mods not 1 but 2 that are same type like Serration mod ( dmg rifle mod) and are max out ( fuison to max rank) stack on each other so you cant use 1 for rifle and other 1 for sentinel weapon.

Edited by WoozDuz

ppl now days why you go to school if you cant even read ???

he said if you have 2 or more. so if you have 2 MODs 2-2-2-2-2<---- see number 2 or Two ????? so 2 Mods not 1 but 2 that are same type like Serration mod ( dmg rifle mod) and are max out ( fuison to max rank) stack on each other so you cant use 1 for rifle and other 1 for sentinel weapon.

i know sometimes people can really be disapointing.

Thanks for your help in the quest against stupidity.

Hello to all Tennos!

I will try to explain again :

You possess one card in two quite distinct copies of the same level: the problem is that you can not equip the first copy of this mod on your main weapon and the second copy on your sentry gun.

Already it's annoying to have go twice the same card to use, so now it is no longer possible, it becomes useless. . .

In addition, it will have you put yourself okay as I point out in passing that the restriction only applies to rifles and shotguns not on.

Therefore I propose to simply remove this restriction for all weapons and / or no longer display modes already have on another weapon.

Thank you for taking the time to have read me and sorry for my bad english.

Hoping that this will be rectified as soon as possible.

This isn't a bug.

This is a feature.

Seems you didn't read it correctly. He says 2 seperate max serrations can not be used on a sentinel and a weapon at the same time due to a bug with the stacking.

Oh wow. He isn't the only one who didn't read it properly.

Edited by R3leaZ

You can no longer use a mod both on sentinel weapon & primary weapon at the same time even when you own it twice if the mods are at the same level because the mods are stacked.

For example : if you have 2 Serration mods max lvl you can no longer use it on flux rifle & death machine rifle because mods are stacked so you always use the same mod card.

We need this to be fix as soon as possible because the impact of this bug is on every mods for sentinel's weapons & tenno's weapon.

Cela dit je parle pas anglais et c'est super chiant pour expliquer ça alors si je ne suis pas clair, vous ete prié d'expliquer "encore" pour que cela soit corrigé au plus vite.

It's not a bug >> http://youtu.be/BNrKR76ht1w

Milles excuses pour mon français mal.

Il y a du logique pour resoudre cette exacte situation. Je viens d'y essayer et il n'y avait pas de problème. Dans le video par BachThao, on voit la logique donc je parle. En français, c'est écrit "Impossible d'appliquer ce changement: |ARME1| et |ARME2| utilisent le même |MOD|. Résolution auto?". Si vous répondez "OUI" et vous avez un autre MOD de même type et de niveau égale ou moins, ce MOD est équippé sur l'arme du Sentinelle. Est-ce different pour vous?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English words now

There's some code to handle the exact situation described. Just to check that it wasn't broken, I tested it out on the build you guys are playing and it seemed to work fine. You can even see it briefly in BachThao's video; you'll get a prompt asking if you want to auto-resolve. If you answer yes to auto resolve, and you've got another mod of the same type of equal or lesser fusion level, then it will equip that other mod to your Sentinel's weapon.

So yes, initially you are stuck equipping the same mod to both, but either by re-entering the screen or by just using the auto-resolve feature, there shouldn't be any problems. Unless I've missed something?

Milles excuses pour mon français mal.

Il y a du logique pour resoudre cette exacte situation. Je viens d'y essayer et il n'y avait pas de problème. Dans le video par BachThao, on voit la logique donc je parle. En français, c'est écrit "Impossible d'appliquer ce changement: |ARME1| et |ARME2| utilisent le même |MOD|. Résolution auto?". Si vous répondez "OUI" et vous avez un autre MOD de même type et de niveau égale ou moins, ce MOD est équippé sur l'arme du Sentinelle. Est-ce different pour vous?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English words now

There's some code to handle the exact situation described. Just to check that it wasn't broken, I tested it out on the build you guys are playing and it seemed to work fine. You can even see it briefly in BachThao's video; you'll get a prompt asking if you want to auto-resolve. If you answer yes to auto resolve, and you've got another mod of the same type of equal or lesser fusion level, then it will equip that other mod to your Sentinel's weapon.

So yes, initially you are stuck equipping the same mod to both, but either by re-entering the screen or by just using the auto-resolve feature, there shouldn't be any problems. Unless I've missed something?

The problem is that auto-resolve don't work correctly because it use same type but not at the equal level, may be because the slot i use is polarised.

The problem occur when i set the B configuration on my flux rifle and i can't use the same serration and split barrel i already have equipped in A configuration.

For exemple : Auto resolve use always a new split chamber with no fusion lvl and not the full lvl i already use in the A configuration.

I really like to see you to try write in french but please don't : it's easier to understand your english.

I personally hate the mod stacking feature, especially since it doesn't say how many mods are in each stack and doesn't let you choose which one you want to equip (which is the point of this thread). The only thing thing that the previous mod system needed, in regards to the conflicts between normal weapons and Sentinel weapons, was a label that said "this mod is currently equipped on -weapon name here-". That's it.

I understand that this system was made for people that have (potentially) thousands of mods, but I would rather go through that giant list than deal with another change that takes away information from the players and makes everything more difficult.

Edited by Ailith

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but why not include an Icon that lights up when a mod is used on a sentinel weapon. That way you could automatically exclude it from mod stacking.

Also a way to mark cards as favorites that would also exclude them from mods stacking would be appreciated. Maybe include a favorite card sorting option so you can have these cards at the top of your list if you wish to use them on multiple weapons.

Edited by Sir_Sketch

...Bug nonwithstanding, I find this hard to believe. Mainly because, for whatever reason, I'm able to put a Rank 3 Fast Hands (which I only have one of) on both my Braton and on my Wyrm's Laser Rifle. If that were to remain true, then this shouldn't be possible.

while you can have it on both, it will not WORK on both, it is essentially using mod power without doing anything else. watch your sentinel weapon stats, they do not change. if you try to use the same mod twice it simply ignores it in calculations. you may think it is on there, but it isnt. to remedy this i use my sentinel's mods at 1 rank below maximum so they are segregated from the ones on my primaries, however this makes my sentinels a little gimped and is an unneccesary step. simply having an icon that shows a mod being equipped on sentinel and not allowing equipped mods to be stackable would fix this.

I really like to see you to try write in french but please don't : it's easier to understand your english.

French people are always honest. That's why I'm learning French, second year in the class!

Anyways, yeah, the script isn't working for me either, I tried equipping 2 lvl2 Hellfires, one on my Braton Prime, one on my DethMachine rifle, and no script popped up. Is it a small button or something?

I understand that this system was made for people that have (potentially) thousands of mods, but I would rather go through that giant list than deal with another change that takes away information from the players and makes everything more difficult.

No. No you wouldn't.

Try clicking NEXT 60 times to get to Split chamber, and we can talk. Oh and don't accidentally miss that page and go over, or it's exit, re-enter and click NEXT another 60 times for you.

Don't diss an entire long-overdue feature, just because of a bug. What needs to be done is that bug needs to be fixed.

Edited by Gestalt

I tried to read through carefully--appologies if I missed something.  This is what I understand from what I've read as well as issues I ran into myself before mod stacking  (Thank you for that DE!)

If you own two of a type/rank of mod and are having trouble them to your sentinel and frame weapon simultaneously, then first make sure you're not using two different mods in your (frame's) weapon builds.  For instance: let's say I have two Serration mods at rank 8--let's call them Serration(a) and Serration(b).  If you have Serration(a) equipped to your PrimaryPresetA and Serration(b) equipped for your PrimaryPresetB, then you may run into trouble when trying to equip either Serration mod to your sentinel.  Make sure all frame weapon presets are using the same SerrationRank8 mod (all Serration(a) or all Serration(b) so that the other is available to your sentinel.
 -- I think this is what BachThao was trying to demonstrate in the video.

Haven't taken the time yet to test for this bug, but I haven't had any trouble yet equipping maxed elemental mods to my Strun Wraith and Sweeper at the same time.  (To resolve this before mod stacking,  I unequipped EVERYTHING from ALL weapons, then installed one Serration to one Primary, then immediately installed the other serration to my sentinel weapon to guarantee Serration(a) was one my frame weapon presets and Serration(b) was on my sentinel weapons.  I haven't had any problems since.)

Hopefully this helps some of you experiencing this frustration.

yea sadly for RIFFLE
We need two SAME mod.
one for FRAME and one for SENTINEL.

ex: U need TWO serration
one for your riffle as stated above anddd
one for your sentinel.

and sadly i have to looking for split chamber again for my deth cube : \
so i need 2 split chamber.

one for my riffle
one for my deth cube riffle.

while shade gun can use same mode as my hikou does.

cheers

Edited by eraze93