Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Lanka Now Outdated By Sniper Rifle Which Requires Less Mastery Rank Than Lanka?

SonicSonedit

Both rifles start off shooting 1 round every 1.5 seconds: Lanka because it needs to charge, Vectis because it needs to reload. Lanka has a 10 round magazine with 2 second reload time, which doesn't affect the sustained rate of fire much.

On the one hand, with Lanka you desperately need to buff Fire Rate to reduce the charge time. Which requires mods.

On the other hand, with Vectis you desperately need to buff Reload since every single shot is a reload. Which requires mods.

However: Fire Rate scales amazingly well (Speed Trigger + Shred = 80% reduction in charge time) while Reload does not (Fast Hands = 25% reduction to reload time).

So the Lanka has more capacity to expand with mods, and yes this requires more slots and more points, but once upgraded it stomps all over the Vectis in terms of number of shots down range.

Lanka is very practical for use. For example this soft bluish light on full charge will help you aim.

tMdCA6v.jpg

Turn off depth of view and blur. It helped me play with it. No bluish glow.

And should I say, depth of view and blur are just to mask the low resolution of textures in this game.

Thats the reason why I liked Phobos, theres some better textures there.

Btw, Lanka is now called the nerfer scoretard rifle.

Lanka deals serrated blade, has a higher magazine capacity, and one extra mod slot (because you know you're putting charged/primed chamber on vectis).

Are you sure about it?

Lanka have less mod slots than Vulkar, because two of them are used for Shred and Speed Trigger, since it needs to be charged, and the charge takes 10 minutes for each shot. Two less slots, no critical build.

Lanka, the nerfer scoretard rifle.

wT36mTd.jpg

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vectis

sad part is youve even edited parts of it with your own things

like I said, I dont mind others using what I write, but this is just bull^$

that being said, Id like to mention that theres one more thing great about the Vectis:

you dont have to manually reload it, since it reloads automatically after each shot, you don`t have to worry about reloading after getting half way through the clip, etc, so its a lot more fun to use it

Its worth to check the wiki, lots of useful stuff there

Just a friendly reminder, you can get Primed Chamber via transmutation. I got mine this way.

Not anymore, so good for you and the others who were able to in the approximately 12-hour window where it was available. We'll probably see it again at some point in the updates to come, at least I hope so.

source: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126550-psa-unintended-modaura-inclusion/

Yes..... that argument was good a month or two ago... but it's starting to get frustrated.

oh, a gun is broken? wait for damage 2.0

oh a gun is uselss? wait for damage 2.0

oh a frame is useless? wait for damage 2.0

i"m sorry, but damage 2.0 better be something amazing when it comes to game balancing, and yet, the dev is just dragging their feet on it.

and before anyone starts, yes, I do know it takes time, yes, I know exactly how expensive computer science/engineers are, but the speed in which they are balancing out the game content is down right ridiculous.

And no, I don't care what DE is trying to call it, but when you start a cash shop in a F2P game, it's no longer in Beta.

Exacly why you don't have to assume that Lanka is useless. Let's wait till then.

Edited by Innosin

Yes..... that argument was good a month or two ago... but it's starting to get frustrated.

i"m sorry, but damage 2.0 better be something amazing when it comes to game balancing, and yet, the dev is just dragging their feet on it.

and before anyone starts, yes, I do know it takes time, yes, I know exactly how expensive computer science/engineers are, but the speed in which they are balancing out the game content is down right ridiculous.

And no, I don't care what DE is trying to call it, but when you start a cash shop in a F2P game, it's no longer in Beta.

It's quite unfortunate, but it's not as if the community has much of a choice. It's really our only hope; at the very least, the glimpses of the new system seem developed enough to change builds. Also, trying to create new tiers and corresponding balance for every single weapon takes time and effort. I'd rather not spend time burning through hotfixes if some can be avoided by taking this time and effort.

You are Master, right? Look into the tables in the design council section. Think about, whether it's that, what you are expecting.

Technically speaking, the implementation isn't particularly complex, as it's just a bunch of scripts that can be written in a day or two of work. The issue is trying to make a system that doesn't suck balls in the first place, and that involves number crunching, spreadsheets for scaling and virtual tests, and some creativity.

So, I'm NOT going to ask them to rush it. THat thing is supposed to be the game's core system, so It's better they think it out THROUGHLY, as even if they do it right it's going to be a rough ride for a month to adjust and find all stuff that was not intentional and patch it. Just because it's complex.

What is nice about the proposal for Armor 2.0 is that it enables weapons to fulfill different roles despite being very similar otherwise. Eg. two weapons can have the same "base damage" and all other stats, just that their "base damage" is split differently between the three types of base damage.

So one weapon can be more effective vs armor and decent against shields, but crappy vs flesh, while the other is really good against flesh but bad against shields and armor. Of course mods can strengthen the weaknesses of the weapon, from what I can tell the elemental mods will work kinda like they do now, only that the elemental effects they cause are different depending on which combination you use.

With Armor 2.0 they could actually fit the Lanka in as a high-powered rifle vs high-armor targets (ie. end-game grineer/corpus robots), while the Vectis is more efficient vs flesh (ie. end game infested/light grineer). Or something along those lines.

Still, the current damage of the Vectis is a bit ridiculous considering that it is cheap in comparison to the Lanka, not to mention the other drawbacks.

Edited by NullCurrent

What is nice about the proposal for Armor 2.0 is that it enables weapons to fulfill different roles despite being very similar otherwise. Eg. two weapons can have the same "base damage" and all other stats, just that their "base damage" is split differently between the three types of base damage.

So one weapon can be more effective vs armor and decent against shields, but crappy vs flesh, while the other is really good against flesh but bad against shields and armor. Of course mods can strengthen the weaknesses of the weapon, from what I can tell the elemental mods will work kinda like they do now, only that the elemental effects they cause are different depending on which combination you use.

With Armor 2.0 they could actually fit the Lanka in as a high-powered rifle vs high-armor targets (ie. end-game grineer/corpus robots), while the Vectis is more efficient vs flesh (ie. end game infested/light grineer). Or something along those lines.

Still, the current damage of the Vectis is a bit ridiculous considering that it is cheap in comparison to the Lanka, not to mention the other drawbacks.

Exactly; Armor/Damage 2.0 is engaging progression. The current incarnation of Warframe is undergoing power creep without caring for game balance, which ruins the meaningful experiences associated with progression.

Exactly; Armor/Damage 2.0 is engaging progression. The current incarnation of Warframe is undergoing power creep without caring for game balance, which ruins the meaningful experiences associated with progression.

So in other words...everyone else needs to stop complaining until Armor 2.0 gets here?

So in other words...everyone else needs to stop complaining until Armor 2.0 gets here?

That's not what I said; I am claiming that complaining on both sides is a pointless endeavor until the new system comes in. That, and/or complaining can help pass the time until Armor/Damage 2.0 kick in (Update 11, at the latest).

That's not what I said; I am claiming that complaining on both sides is a pointless endeavor until the new system comes in. That, and/or complaining can help pass the time until Armor/Damage 2.0 kick in (Update 11, at the latest).

It's called a question.

You also said the same thing I've just said.

Edited by Anarties

I don't understand what you mean by the first sentence, since I had thought replied succinctly. Well, adding on, people have shown in history that they won't stop even if an endeavor is considered futile.

The first sentence has to do with the fact I did not put words in your mouth.

Agreeing with you though, people wont stop complaining no matter what.

Even after Armor 2.0 people will complain.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

Updated first post: edited mastery info (since Vectis now requires mastery 3 instead of 6) and added a poll. Please vote!

this was an important piece of information for the community to figure out. and, well. 

this is Soma all over again. i feel like a drunken monkey is the one typing the Mastery Requirement variable, and that monkey can't reach any higher than the 1,2,3 line on the numpad. so he puts the highest number he can reach. 

Before posting "QQ more" please read this:

Vectis doesn't have all the disadvantages that plagued Lanka for ages:

Lanka has projectile travel time, making it extremely hard to hit enemies at long and medium range (sniper rifle, heh). Vectis has a hitscan.

Lanka has charge time, making it very hard to use, impractical. Vectis shoots like all normal weapons do.

Lanka has a blinding bluish glow when fully charged making it hard to aim and making your eyes hurt after some time of playing. Vectis...well he doesn't have a charge.

Now, about damage:

Yes, Vectis has 175 base damage while Lanka has 250, but:

Vectis benefits from Primed Chamber and Charged Chamber, giving +40% or +100% bonus to base damage. So you can say Vectis has 245 or 350 base damage.

Vectis has 25% base critical chance and 200% base critical damage.

+Point Strike +Vital Sense +Hammer Shot = 62.5% critical chance and 560% critical damage. While Lanka with same mods has only 50% critical chance and 420% critical damage.

And their damage type are equally good. Actually, armor piercing damage is better now. Armor 2.0 is on the way, but there is absolutely no guarantee that Serrated Blade will be better then Armor Piercing damage.

With Critical Delay corrupted mod Vectis critical chance can be increased up to 74.5% without any penalties. Thanks to taiiat for pointing this out.

My problem is simple:

Game states that Lanka is better (mastery 7) than Vectis (mastery 3) while it's not. And there is a huge gap between mastery 3 and 7. So, by the time you get to rank 7 you will already have a better sniper rifle. What's the point to have Lanka then? This is just wrong.

Solution:

Don't get me wrong - I don't ask to nerf Vectis or buff Lanka, I don't mind Vectis being stronger stat-wise.

What needed to be fixed about Lanka is:

Reduce mastery rank to 5 or at least to 6 (or move Vectis to mastery rank 7).

Projectile speed should be at least 4 times faster.

Remove blinding bluish glow.

Slighty faster charge speed (or get rid of unique sniper rifle charge mechanic altogether).

Poll: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5275123fe4b06cfb69b95001

Good post.  DE has overlooked obvious weapon balancing since day 1.  I don't know why they would start listening now but I do appreciate your comments.  And thanks for the poll link, I'm going to use that myself.  I voted buff Lanka.

Imho, a real sniper would still choose the Lanka as his preferred 1S-1K  Weapon.

Why ?

- The Lanka can use the primed and charged chamber mods too, you just have to reload after each shot.

- The Lanka is still better in terms of Damage per shot  and it doesn't have to rely on critical hits to kill the target (with a maxed charger chamber, you get 250*1.4 = 350 base damage per shot, it's huge, it's 43% more than the Vectis with the same mod.

- The Lanka is silent and has a real sniper zoom which makes it easier to touch weak points on targets.

So, in the 1S-1K sniper perspective, the Lanka wins hands down.

The Vectis is still a very good mid range bolt action rifle, and can certainly reach higher DPS (damage per second) but

it does not fit with the true sniper way.

I seriously feel you're making a bigger deal about the charge light than necessary. The charge light no longer needs to be there because of the charge ring on the xhair now, but the light is NOWHERE near blinding. The main problem with the charge light was that it doesn't stay connected to the muzzle of the gun when zoomed in.