Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sudden Lag Spike Resulting In Kicked From Game Or Ctd

Jowain

I've been having these for a long time, while I'm generally have tolerated these since the game was still in Beta I am sick and tired of them now.
After a while of playing in a match I suddenly get a lag spike that temporarly freezes the game for me and may result in either
If I am hosting, all players except me gets kicked from the game or game crashing
If I am in a hosted game, I get kicked from the match or the game crashes.
The former is more annoying to other players as they all suffer for it, while the later at least allows me to join back into the game. I don't know where these lag spikes are coming from and what the cause is, but they have to stop. I'm going to start a record over how many times this happens in a day.

21/11/13 - Lag Spike 6 times today, 2 resulting in a game crash and 1 was in the menus, making it unable for me to join a session or invited to one.

22/11/13 - Lag Spike 3 times today, 1 resulting in a crash. And it keeps happening in almost every match, it's very irritating.

25/11/13 - While I still recieve Lag Spikes it doesn't seem to crash the game as much, but that could be because I have been playing on Solo.
EDIT: Scratch that, a Lag Spike just ruined a Void Capture mission for the whole group. I also encountered a Lag Spike during a solo mission that resulted in a crash to desktop.

And yes, I won't stop doing these post update whenever this happens till the issue is being adressed and fixed. And I am not the only one who encouters this issue, to avoid people asking about my PCs specs.

Haven't made updates to this in a while, doesn't mean these lag spikes have stopped.

16/12/13 One lag spike resulting in being kicked from the game, was unable to rejoin.

22/12/13 5 lagspikes resulting host migration in The Cicero Event, resulting in the loss of all progress.

05/01/14 Second try on the Cicero event, lagspike caused me to switch to another instance, while the game loaded the enemies killed me and destroyed the Injector. MISSION FAILED.

31/01/14 Lagspike resulted in being kicked from the match, and was unable to rejoin because the Objective has been completed. LIES!

01/02/14 Lagspikes caused friend to be sent to a different instance. Another lagspike occured during a Void Key Capture mission which resulted in a crash, costing me and the same friend the reward for that mission.

03/02/14 Lagspikes causing sudden crashes and kicked from game (by the game).

06/02/14 Lagspikes seperated me from my team mate on Darvos "Special" alert mission. Lagspike in Grineer Invasion resulting in a crash, without warning.

07/02/14 Lagspikess caused migration to a different session. Lagspike resulting in crash to desktop in the same mission. Lagspike and crash to desktop when killing the last enemy in Void Tower II Exterminate.

Is it just me or are these getting worse?

13/02/14 Two lagspikes resulting in host migration or crashes.

14/02/14 Lagspike followed by crash to desktop after Tyl Regors boss cutscene on Titania, playing on private and alone.

14/03/03 What a HORRIBLE day to play Warframe! 12 Lagspikes resulting in crashes, or just sudden crashes when doing various boss missions (Tyl Regor, Sargas Ruk), Invasions to name some of them.

14/03/04 Sudden crash when doing a Corpus Invasion Mission. Another one ocurred when entering the Extraction animation after killing Lech Kril.

14/04/19 It has been some time since last I posted another one of these lovely issues, but it doesn't mean they've decided to stop happening.

I tried lowering the games graphics to it's lowest (minus resolution) and for a time it still seemed to work, then after Update 13 they came back in the same fashion, this time adding sudden freezes to it's team up.

Had quite a few crashes today and the game is starting to lose its charm.

Edited by Jowain92

• 4 weeks later...

Well, networking is indeed the weakest part of Warframe - even with all the announced fixes and improvements they have produced according to the patch notes.

I dunno what's the main problem but I guess it has a lot to do with the server being another player and not a DE dedicated rig. Of course that actually worked for other games so I might be only trying to defend them - all I know that programming a networking mechanic is not exactly the easiest jobs.

And yes, I had a few of these myself too though I can happily report that only once in a while or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this problem several times, and for the most part, upping my matchmaking ping limit in the Options menu and getting my friends to up theirs (to about 350 - 400) has solved it.

However, it's still a huge issue because it means I can't just hop into a random game without a risk of a frustrating freeze and subsequent kick/host migration.

Edited by Varzy

• 3 months later...

These lagspikes, crashes and freezes seem to occur no matter what you are doing, it's a real shame that it doesn't help to play the game on graphics from the stone age.

Edited by Jowain92

Hi, Youre problems identical to mine of recent times. I did manage to cure my crashes by reducing the texture settings to medium from high. (i know it sucks playing games with lower res textures.. but its the only thing i've found that stopped the crashes completely).

It might be a deeper graphics setting to resolve the random fps hangs. (i never had these problems before the PS3 performance changes were put into the pc tweaks.

I still get those frame spikes with friends dropping out. (this totally sucks)

There are times when there is no lag spikes though, its really hard to track or know what the cause is.

Im not sure if its networking because i get the hangs in solo mode.

The whole p2p thing does seem way too sensitive to net fluctuations resulting in any even slight fps drop causing people to be kicked from a group. Thanks for this thread keep up the updates

Edited by CarrotSalad

My system used to run around the mid 150fps range solidly. Lately it has been just above 100fps. I do get random spikes however that drop it to the 60fps range. I know damn well it isn't my system or my network. It doesn't matter if I am in a squad or not. In a mission or in the menus. There are times where for whatever reason it takes a large spike in the lag and the fps drop drastically.

People have reported this for a few months now so it isn't something new that came with U13.