Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Biggest Trade. Ever.

Trainer772

After a busy 30 hours of trading, I got mods that I never had before, like Coolant leak, Quick Thinking, Handspring Shield flux, etc. and essentially completed my entire collection of pre-11 mods except for Whirlwind. I got rid of some pretty rare mods like extra Rages, Firestorms, etc. But then an offer was made that I couldn't resist. I haggled a bit until I got it up. 

This was and will be the only time I ever dispose of a mod that I do not own any copies of.

http://youtu.be/P_aYHUBPm3o

If you think I made a stupid move, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. If you think I struck it rich, you are also entitled to that opinion. I was betting on the hopes that this mod will be released later on, even if it becomes as rare as firestorm/rage/quickthinking/seeker. The fact is, I am one mod and one million credits poorer. And a little richer in something else. I only really used the mod on Nekros and Trinity anyways; I might live with a 1 second Blessing cast time... might.

On the bigger scheme of things, the trading system has essentially turned the game into something more like Eve online with a real-world economy. Mods now have real cash value that is based solely on the highest bidder you meet, and in trading chat I'm seeing many mods going for prices between $1-3. I guess NT was worth almost $100 to someone.

Edit: If you feel bad for the other guy, you shouldn't. He had 14k plat.

Edited by Trainer772

2 thousand platinum in exchange for a mod that didnt really do anything special (lets be honest here) and 1 million credits you can easily make back with some efficient grinding...

Honestly I feel bad for the person you traded with. 

You swindled them for a @(*()$ fortune. But hey, you're, happy, they're (I hope) happy and its nothing to do with me so no harm no fowl I guess...

2 thousand platinum in exchange for a mod that didnt really do anything special (lets be honest here) and 1 million credits you can easily make back with some efficient grinding...

Honestly I feel bad for the person you traded with. 

You swindled them for a @(*()$ fortune. But hey, you're, happy, they're (I hope) happy and its nothing to do with me so no harm no fowl I guess...

It's the collection value. Owning an unreleased mod has an extremely high value for collectors, and I believe he was a collector. He placed an extremely high value on it, so I went with it.

It's the collection value. Owning an unreleased mod has an extremely high value for collectors, and I believe he was a collector. He placed an extremely high value on it, so I went with it.

But as these mods become released and their true market value is established, will it be worth 100 dollars to have had it a little bit sooner than everyone else ?

I don't know, like you said, they are apparently a collector so each to their own.

But as these mods become released and their true market value is established, will it be worth 100 dollars to have had it a little bit sooner than everyone else ?

I don't know, like you said, they are apparently a collector so each to their own.

Some people value owning Ember prime faster than anyone else can collect the parts and build them.

Some people value owning Berserker faster than the Alad V battle can be released.

Dunno man, dunno.

I bet that guy gonna get sickburned when DE changes how Natural Talent work on Warframe abilities. I wouldn't risk buying those "accidental" mods as DE said they will be changed in the future.

I honestly don't see Natural Talent being changed in the future. It's perfectly fine as it is and completely balanced since it indirectly consumes energy faster and takes up a mod slot that could have been used for something else.

He wanted it for collection value more so than utility anyways.

Trainer making them gainzzzzzz. Everyone should hush up.  The mod is good but not overpowered, and besides, completing a collection of mods has intrinsic value. Anyone who has ever owned a collection or played any pokemon or trading card game can understand the need to collect everything!

Edited by rangeless