Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phase 1: Melee Weapon Concept Submissions

[DE]Rebecca

Faction: Tenno

Discription: Iaido-style energy blade with sheath. Weapon is gripped by the sheath in left hand and is normally swung with blade sheathed. Charge attack pulls blade to release a split-second energy attack, expending all energy and flickering out, dealing massive damage. Sheath acts as a portable generator.

Art:

Tenno Variant: Muramasa

D73y1Bs.png

Orokin Variant: Masamune

6JXHr2u.png

Edited by EVAtemplar117

Brief Description: Barbed hook/knife (name to be thought of) that is attached to a rope (optional aesthetics can include barbs or blades on the line). The grip is a thrown melee grip held under the forearm and left to dangle while the rest of the line is wrapped around the arm. It's standard slash can either draw from the whip animation or the thrown melee animation and it's charge attack is being thrown like a kunai directly at the enemy. A cool charge animation would be twirling the weapon before throwing it and an alternate attack animation could be jab based. The alternative use for the weapon would be like Ripline as a grappling hook but with the restriction of charge time and travel time that makes it less efficient then Ripline.

Concept Art: Quick illustrator sketch to illustrate my thoughts

0eCtPEa.png

pardon the size.

Edited by jrkong

Azai - (Gloves + Makibishi/Caltrops) - Found initially in the OD-maps as a BP this weapon is a remnant of a forgotten clan. Using some secret technology, small devices are made highly radioactive when activated (released) from the Azai gloves.

Perhaps lacking in damage, this weapon is more about small CC and proc.

In regular melee they are thrown in a short range "spray" rather than direct impact (gloves). They lack in damage but have medium-high proc chance.

On Charge a great number of "caltrops" are released in front of the player creating a stationary AoE with high-very high proc chance.

Jump attacs use the direct impact of the glove (50% impacts /50% Radioactive) (pretty much single target).

Spin-attacks functions the same way as regular melee (spray).

Wall attack is same as jump attack (50/50 impact/radiation).

Air attack - hitting the melee button in air creates a "explosion" of caltrops (AoE spray) and slingshots the user forward.

Makibishi.jpg2qWdRtZ.png

Thank you upvoters :)!

Makibishi( 撒き菱 ) refers to small, spiked caltrops used by ninja to deter pursuit. When pursued by enemy soldiers, ninja would scatter makibishi on the ground. In ancient Japan, common footwear consisted of sandals made of straw, called zori, which offered relatively little protection against such hazards. Makibishi spines were often hooked, and occasionally grooved to allow for a light coat of poison, to increase the damage they dealt to those unfortunate enough to step on them and possibly result in death.

http://www.kenfuderyu.co.za/Buki.htm

Edited by Barda1

Faction - Grineer

Name - Zenith

Description- A heavy melee, forged after the events of the Gradivus Dilemma, capable of crudely slicing foes in half. It's normal attacks are slow but in return, yields a high damage dealing charge attack. The sword, originally for Tyl Regor was stolen during a raid mission and reverse engineered by the Lotus.

Original artwork - http://i.imgur.com/oDStCfF.jpg

Honestly I can't draw. I'm sorry for any problems my image gives you.

Edited by AphexGaming

imghttp://s972.photobucket.com/user/cristian_flores3/media/1214131900_zps0c3a37f1.jpg.html?filters[user]=138576054&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0/img

Dual Hades

Description: The unconventional Dual Hades combine the features of a switchblade with a heated edge. With one blade mounted on each forearm, the Dual Hades deliver a fiery and devasting flurry of attacks on their victims.

this weapon was inspired by the Gundam 00 Exia's similar switchblade-like sword.

yes, hello!

faction: It's the Grineer.

description: an extremely large and wide (almost absurdly) blade featuring a large ring for the major handle and minor handles within the width of the blade. the idea is that the weapon has two functions: shielding and cutting via swung downward vertical slash (for maximum effect) and wide horizontal swings both utilizing the weapon's strong momentum due to its heavy mass. the height would be about a head shorter than the average tenno from tip to top of the rung. minor-handles for stabbing downward and holding as a shield/pulling free from corpses.

boardsword.png?t=1387078985

Edited by Delano

Name:  Kesepian

Faction:  Tenno (Stalker)

Brief Description:  An expandable sword called Kesepian, made of dark metal with a blade able to pierce enemies (charge attack) and to hit multiple enemies with each part of its blades, like a puppet (combo attack).

http://i.imgur.com/4zcNLeT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qu7ivrq.jpg

Edited by GProtector

Faction: Orokin

Brief Description: Grip type: heavy sword(like Galatine) - Description: In the end of the war with sentinels, Orokin discovered a new crystal that can absorb energy and amplify it. So the Zatura Sword was built.

Original Artwork:

odyf.jpg

This is how the sword will look like while the warframe's holding it

nbt1.jpg

This picture shows the element implues the sword's crystal, as well as no elemental and my sketching.

Zatura Sword will have the gold-silver theme(the black part is gold and the other is silver), with crystal edge.

I wanna see a different charged attack on this weapon, such as puncture the sword into the ground and release a shockwave.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Lucis_K

Dragonstongue_zpsad5d5228.png

My concept, a bowsword. (It could be a lot less curved than in the picture I posted. That's just a example picture)

Controls:

Use your trigger button to slash with the blade. Your aim button to hold it sideways and use the bow. While holding the aim button you use the trigger button to charge and shoot an arrow. Easy.

Edited by Completionist

Hook

Description: Dagger grip weapon. A souvenir from Darvo from his fishing trip to Europa.

Built with a solid metal monoblock, the Hook deals reasonable damage as a slash weapon. When charged, the weapon attacks with a pulling movement, using its hook to infringe devastating puncture damage. A simple design with elegant lines, uses regular dagger animations. Could work with a dual variation.

Artwork:

33lnkhz.jpg

2552stz.jpg

Edited by ideatomik

VERTEX:

Faction: Grineer

This weapon, wielded similarly to the Machete, features cylinders fanned-out along the back of the blade. This weapon, when used normally, swings very quickly at the cost of low - medium damage. The unique ability of this weapon, however, is its charged attack. When charged, the user holds it horizontally, with the blade facing him/herself and the spouts pointed outward. The cylinders then suck in air during the charging time and then violently shoot them outward, dealing a moderate amount of blast damage as well as ragdolling enemies in a wide arc around the user and blasting them away. This weapon isn't about large amounts of damage, but rather a utility to allow tenno to get some breathing room when surrounded.

Mk572vN.jpg

Edited by KnorrSoup

The Seppo

Faction: Tenno

Weapon grip: Single Fist

HswTsaa.jpg

n1jzABD.jpg

Description:

I wanted to create something that wasn't a direct weapon. I also wanted to make something that could possibly expand the lore of the Tenno. The idea behind this is that it’s an orokin infused blacksmith glove that would have been used by Tenno blacksmith to create the Tenno's signature armory. 

The design came from the japanese cultural belief in power coming from oneself, not the weapon. I wanted something that stood for creation rather than destruction.

The name comes from "Seppo Ilmarinen, the Eternal Hammerer, Blacksmith and inventor in the Kalevala, is an archtypal artificer from Finnish mythology."

Edited by animaCartographer

Name: Rail-Gun Gauntlets

Faction: Corpus

Grip: Fists

Description: The Rail-Gun Gauntlets are supposed to be an improved fist combat weapon. They are created only for the fist and meant to "Pack a Punch" . The Gauntlets are built to harness the more over powered version of a Rail-gun Moa shot.

Attack types:

( These attacks can be Over Powered and would need significant nerfing; considering made same way as described. And I would suggest a Rank lock of 8 or 9. The damage systems are in your hands I dont think I could figure out how it would damage properly without to much power. )

When 'E' is pressed once, you do a normal punch attack that is an instant knock down to close range enemies. 

When 'E' is pressed twice, you do a palm strike, making a energy wave similar to Banshees Sonic Boom.

When 'E' is held, your charge attack engages, you charge similar to a Kamehameha for DBZ, after unleashed creating a push so strong it creates a push opposite of Mags "Pull" ability; making all enemies ragdoll and fly all directions.

Art work:

ipcztf.jpg

Art work of attacks

2r7mxeh.png

Faction: orkin or stalker

Grip: two handed spear (impact&slashing)

Name: spair

In close combat same as orthos(default animation&buttons 'E',..) but this one you can trow and implement enemies to wall (fast charge hold left mouse for 1 sec.right mouse for aim) doesn't have to fly back like glaive of course,
spawn on the back after 1 sec.  silent fast and high damage. If in update 12 you can walk,run with your melee weapon in hands this would be handy.  "Two weapons in one".

g6tdd4C.jpg?1

Edited by rap2pac

Hell, excuse my artwork, but may I present to you the Phantis. 

Faction: Tenno. (That seems to be that big faction design here.)

Grip: Sword like. ( On charge/ assassinate, holds hook/ barb)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i41.tinypic.com/2wedq94.jpg

Special Features: The assassination is rather special. With any sidearm/firearm , you can aim your gun at an unsuspecting target (with their back turned to you) and throw the small, barbed kunai at the end of the sword. You then rip them towards you, as you prepare to slice them in half. You know what comes next. (no, you do not teabag the rotting corpse. Pervert.)

Charge: I'm deciding on two charges.One of the charges is that you can use it to disarm enemies of their weapons. Heavy gunner? Not any more. Napalm got you down? Try setting me on fire without your gun, I dare you.The other one would be that you do the same thing for the charge as the assassination, but you don't slice them in half. They go flying towards you, so you can shoot them with a shotgun. This charge would also be able to take broken fans and fling them at your enemies. You thought those fans were just plain annoying? Think again. This time, with the Phantis.

Desc: The Phantis is primarily meant for stealth combat. It's razor sharp edges make it a wise choice to bring into a firefight, though. 

Why did I chose to make this?: (Wow, this is getting pretty long.) Well, I just don't think there are enough stealth weapons. Sure, most of the melee weapons are stealthy, along with some sidearms and the bows, but people don't use it for that purpose. Well, no one I've met, anyway. It would be pretty fun, seeing enemies fly across the room, only to be cut in half. 

Edited by H4wkstriker

Faction- Tenno

Name - Hattori

Reminiscent of the ancient Katana. This weapon is wielded with the sword in one hand and the scabbard in the other. its First attack is always the strongest from the draw. Like a sniper rifle running primed chamber, This is  precise killing machine, so would probably have a high crit rate.

NewCanvascopy.jpg

this design already has a thread. bump if you like

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142876-a-katana-weapon-please/#entry1693952

So want this to be one of the weapons chose if not the first one made, I would have so much fun with it. @_@

Damn. A lot of these ideas are awesome! I especially like the shield/sword combo by SilverBones. If I were any good at art, I'd submit a something, but my art skills are poo tier.

All I know is that I'd really like a halberd type weapon. A long staff that ends in a pointy spear, with a large axe head on it as well. Would likely be a Tenno-faction weapon too, seeing as how they seem to lean towards classic/unconventional weapon types.

Scorpos

Faction: tenno

Grip type : Wrist Mounted

A old Tenno hunting weapon, the Scorpos has been heavily modified for war, capable of either punching through armour at close range, or launching a deadly harpoon at an enemy at distance, dealing massive puncture damage before pulling the enemy back to you.

(sorry image was done in paint)

11hec29.png

Description:

Grip type: two-handed

Mid-range weapon, yo-yo of death. Big throwable disk Shiki сreated for combat with multiple enemies simultaneously, provides crowd control due its weight and size (knocks down targets). Because of that, disk can't return to wielder after the throw (as Glave or Kestrel do).
This downside compensated with new Corpus technology - flexible energy cable (Lecta, Valkyr's Ripline). Due the weight distribution and different battle stances Shiki can hit every enemy around you. Animation style: spin/throw/pull/repeat (something like dance). When pulling disk back at you, it's able to hit enemy behind, and enemies by sides when chaining charge attacks.

Hard to explain how does it works without some pictures.
Old sketch for this weapon. Creation inspired by KoA as big chakram for battlemage-dancer:

AcUJj1HdFqo.jpg

Concept for Warframe in the process.

Edited by Skynin

Faction - Tenno

Brief Description - Name: Praetorian

Shield Grip - Can only be used when using a Secondary Weapon.  Tapping Melee will swing the shield to cause impact damage. Can Stun or knock back.  Holding Melee will have the shield in Front blocking damage from the Direction the person is facing while it slowly consumes stamina. Any hits to the shield will increase the loss of stamina.  Will knock the person down if there is no stamina. Knock backs to the shield will be shortened by half but if crouched, the spike will hold the tenno in place. Can be used for stopping slides early. Can also use secondary while the shield is in use.

TennoShield_zps8f603af9.png

Name = The Incisors

Faction = Grineer

Dual wielded axes with mid-weapon grip. Both weapons held with main blade to the front. Used to inflict huge slashing damage on normal attacks. Sharp spike at the bottom of the weapon used to drive into enemies on jump attack.

weapon1a_zpsdbd92979.jpg

When not in use, these weapons fit together, end to end, and here is why.

weapon2b_zps4c3b469f.jpg

I had envisioned that these weapons sit in the small of the back, upside down with their handles facing upwards so as to be easy to reach behind the back and grab them. They could also be on the shoulders, but I leave this decision to the experts!