Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

∰ Jithvan's Fan-Art ∰

Jithvan

Hey Guys! I am a Warframe Fan, a Warlord, a Founder of an Alliance, and most importantly a Photoshoper. I like to Photoshop, things related to games and I recently realized that people hosting "picture contests" don't really understand how hard and complicated it is to make Original pieces of work and therefore I found my work outcast and left aside while people who made simple pictures using the Warframe Fan-kit were getting the spotlight while taking the easy way out. Not that I edit pictures for popularity but just that when I find out that my work isn't appreciated it makes me feel like I wasted my time. One of the wallpapers I made under the simplistic themed section was however recognised in Prime Time #12, but hell that was ages ago and I feel like I've developed more in my styles and techniques since then xD,Well enough about my sad situation, I thought that I could at least showcase my work to those who are actually interested and I'd like to invite all other Photoshopers that feel the same way I do, to post your work on this thread as well. (Try to refrain from spamming pictures and keep them in [spoilers]) and to critique any of my work.
Rate up if you like them! Keep this thread alive :)
Thanks!
Latest Creation
warframe_lotus_wallaper_by_jithvan-d99k6

Disintegration Wallpaper Theme

Excalibur

warframe_excalibur_wallaper_by_jithvan-d

Ember Prime

warframe_ember_prime_wallaper_by_jithvan

Banshee

warframe_nekros_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804

Nekros

warframe_nekros_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804

Nova

warframe_nova_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804ku

Oberon

warframe_oberon_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804

Rhino

warframe_rhino_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804k

Saryn

warframe_saryn_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804l

Ash

warframe_ash_wallaper_by_jithvan-d804jcb

Stalker
warframe_stalker_wallaper_by_jithvan-d80

The Lotus

warframe_lotus_wallaper_by_jithvan-d99k6

The Grustrag Three

warframe_grustrag_three_wallaper_by_jith

Simplistic Themed Wallpapers

Spirit of the Forest

spirit_of_the_forest_by_jithvan-d804smi.

BattleFrame 3!

battleframe_3__by_jithvan-d804t8w.png

The Fellowship of the Tenno

LOOKING FOR THE FILE, I THINK I LOST IT

Wake Up Tenno

wake_up_tenno_by_jithvan-d804t72.png

The Messed up Universe

the_messed_up_universe_by_jithvan-d804ta

Harvest

harvest_by_jithvan-d804srz.png

Master & Apprentice

master_and_apprentice_by_jithvan-d804s9w

Excalibur 2.0

Beyond Zephyr

beyond_zephyr_by_jithvan-d804td2.png

Contest Submissions

Sword Alone Screenshot Contest

yunTHVG.png
kHbuZGc.png

Infested Enemy Concept Contest

001a_by_jithvan-d7hd8q3.png
warframe_infested_concept__blade_runner_

Warframe T-Shirt Contest

PqFvaZ4.png

Warframe Codex Art Contest

excaliburpfinal_00000_by_jithvan-d8fu8ar

Warframe Codex Art Contest 2.0

winner_sig_by_jithvan-d8esjcr.png

Warframe Akmagnus Skin Contest

1T1iWtb.png
DqFOYQA.png

Warframe Vectis Skin Contest

kGZaUzS.png

*MORE COMING SOON*

If you guys want me to make any future Wallpaper requests Message me!

And Also Feel free to check me out on:
LBTHj59.png
JeVF3zM.png

Updated Links As of 01/29/2015
Edited by Jithvan

Heh, butthurt thread. But I admit that I felt just a bit the same way for a little while.

Thing with contests like this one that require you to submit something you've created yourself to be judged by the judge(s) of the contest, is that they have very personal view of what is pretty, cool and awesome, and that view almost always differs from content creators' own views.

As an personal view, I think only your 1st and 5th wallpapers have potential, but I wouldn't use them as my wallpaper. To say it without going to the details, others are just random mess of poorly cut and transformed warframe pictures. But this is completely my own opinion. I know that others like these and that's awesome :)

Note also that like the contest holder in this case mentioned, it was really hard to choose specific 4, but he had to.

There was so much buzz about this new entity called the "Harvester" and i realized there weren't many pictures of it... sooo...... after 8 hours....

My latest creation!

Behold! The Harvester!

v5d4eb.jpg

Edited by Jithvan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

so... you took pre-existing pictures, then you just added the same effect in photoshop, while sometimes changing the background picture and color.... not extremely impressed.

Pre -existing pictures from the Fan-Pack or In-game screenshots that I would mask out and lay on a texture and then I would spend time placing stock particles that I have tirelessly made, after words I would Colour Correct, add bloom, re-arrange Layers and duplicate the original character and displace it using a self made displace map and add it all the way to the back. Finally I would Pre-Compose, colour correct and add my Clan Emblem.

Keep In mind that all of the steps I mentioned have been altered to fit the Theme I am trying to Convey, so You can't Really Even Call that an "Effect" its a Theme.

• 2 weeks later...