Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modding The Drakgoon

Nelsonz80

Question

Every person who had tested this gun may get that its a shotgun that haves a charge mecanic to tight the spread and consumes ammo from the pool of the riffles. With that say, How would you mod it!? :D

looking the base stats and the cheking the gameplay (I have it potatoed and lvl 30). I would recommend the following:

-More mag cap (with both mods that add mag cap, every one giving 4 more shells at maxed, its a total of 8+ mag cap, for a total of 15 shells)

-More fire rate (just with Accelerated blast it fires almost as quick as you can click it, for better DPS)

-Multishot and damage mods as always.

-Less reload time (the base its a bit low, but i dont care, i love it, my main weapon is the Supra ;) )

I will be formaing this baby untill i get it fully moded (maybe 3 or 4 formas for what im planning to do), tho i need to sleep right now, havent sleep since 2a.m., and I will be posting pics of the build as im working in it.

Im open to disscusion to any other mod that will benefit this gun, so dont be shy and post your builds!

25 answers to this question

Haven't tried but I was thinking for a damage build shotgun spazz and accelerated blast for +150% fire rate for the charge shot, hell's chambers, blaze, and point blank

from there for infested vicious spread, slash damage boost, and contagious spread

grineer electric damage for radiation and then contagious spread and ice damage

for corpus contagious for gas then electric and ice damage for magnetic

might change it up if i really don't like the reload.

Ok, im on 1 forma and already lvl 30 to formaed another time.

What i currently have its:

-Hells chamber

-Point strike

-Ammo stock

-Toxic barrage

-Charged shell

-Blaze

-Chiling grasp

All maxed and with 0 mod capacity left. It may takes 2 more forma to put a final mod that cost 9+ so i think i will put something like: Accelerated blast (for the fire rate and dmg), Burdened magazine (to reach the 15 shells cap), Blunderbuss (since the critical chance at base is 10%), shotgun spazz (for more raw fire rate than AB), or Vicious spread (for even more dmg and i dont think that the spead would be notticeable since we can make it tighter by charging the gun).

Anny feedback would be appreciated.

Ok, im on 1 forma and already lvl 30 to formaed another time.

What i currently have its:

-Hells chamber

-Point strike

-Ammo stock

-Toxic barrage

-Charged shell

-Blaze

-Chiling grasp

All maxed and with 0 mod capacity left. It may takes 2 more forma to put a final mod that cost 9+ so i think i will put something like: Accelerated blast (for the fire rate and dmg), Burdened magazine (to reach the 15 shells cap), Blunderbuss (since the critical chance at base is 10%), shotgun spazz (for more raw fire rate than AB), or Vicious spread (for even more dmg and i dont think that the spead would be notticeable since we can make it tighter by charging the gun).

Anny feedback would be appreciated.

accelerated blast is bugged, and it actually like quadruples your puncture damage. I would recommend it over spazz, or use both.

accelerated blast is bugged, and it actually like quadruples your puncture damage. I would recommend it over spazz, or use both.

Hey thats right, i wasnt paying attention to it lol, well then i think i may chose AB or VS, i like more dmg as well as more rof, but i only have 1 more mod slot to use.

To the OP, you see nothing odd that it uses shotgun mods, but uses rifle ammo? Don't you think the Dev's might have made a mistake, this is a cannon not a shotgun, it should be using Rifle mods like the Penta.

Actually, i dont think that thay make a mistake SO HUGE like that, and even if they make it, they released the gun in like 4p.m., a hotfix should change the things if they actually want this weapon to use rifle mods. Maybe they think that the shotguns mods fit the gun more that the rifle mods, but they tested the weapon and see that with the small ammo pool of the shotguns, it would be better if they use the rifle ammo pool... or something like that.

Beside the standard mods:

Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blaze

Accelerated Blast

I would add to the mix:

2*Poison Mods

1*Electric Mod

*free slot for either Punch Through or Vicious Spread or Tactical Pump*

seems fine, but i think that the gun alredy haves punch through, at least with the charged attack.

Well, i think im done with the build:

oCBpCZo.png

Stats:

5KRQADi.png

As you can see:

-Hells chamber (+120% multishot)

-Vicious spread (+90% dmg -60% spread)- good for crowds and the spread its almost unnoticeable when charged

-Point blank (+90% dmg)

-Blaze (+60% dmg +60% fire dmg)

-Ammo stock (+60% mag. cap.)

-Charged shell (+90% electric dmg)

-Chiling grasp (+90% ice dmg)

-Toxic barrage (+60% poison dmg +60%status chance)- with the basic 10%, i think this is better than Contagious spread

I focused more on the dmg while adding some utility where i can, because for me, i can deal with the fire rate, its not bad, the only thing bad with no increase in the fire rate its the charge time, but i think than all that dmg can compensate it. For the slot where i have the ammo stock mod, when the gun gets fixed with the ammo pool issue, i might change it for an ammo mutation or a shell compresion if i feel like it burns the ammo too fast. And the fact that it has all the elements gives more variation in the builds against each faction to maximize the dmg even more.

Any thoughts or ideas in general with the build?

Well, i think im done with the build:

oCBpCZo.png

Stats:

5KRQADi.png

As you can see:

-Hells chamber (+120% multishot)

-Vicious spread (+90% dmg -60% spread)- good for crowds and the spread its almost unnoticeable when charged

-Point blank (+90% dmg)

-Blaze (+60% dmg +60% fire dmg)

-Ammo stock (+60% mag. cap.)

-Charged shell (+90% electric dmg)

-Chiling grasp (+90% ice dmg)

-Toxic barrage (+60% poison dmg +60%status chance)- with the basic 10%, i think this is better than Contagious spread

I focused more on the dmg while adding some utility where i can, because for me, i can deal with the fire rate, its not bad, the only thing bad with no increase in the fire rate its the charge time, but i think than all that dmg can compensate it. For the slot where i have the ammo stock mod, when the gun gets fixed with the ammo pool issue, i might change it for an ammo mutation or a shell compresion if i feel like it burns the ammo too fast. And the fact that it has all the elements gives more variation in the builds against each faction to maximize the dmg even more.

Any thoughts or ideas in general with the build?

u gonna use that build for grineer ? if the answer is yes .. Slash damage will not have bad effect on Alloy mobs ? 

u gonna use that build for grineer ? if the answer is yes .. Slash damage will not have bad effect on Alloy mobs ? 

Yes and yes, but thats where the radiation comes in to justify the dmg output.

And i have one for grineer, another for corpus and another one for the infested, all the same but making the proper elements for the max dmg.

Yes and yes, but thats where the radiation comes in to justify the dmg output.

And i have one for grineer, another for corpus and another one for the infested, all the same but making the proper elements for the max dmg.

why dont you make a secoundry weap with full of radiation and Puncture for Alloy mobs ? just an idea

yes i know that every type of mobs need the right elements 

why dont you make a secoundry weap with full of radiation and Puncture for Alloy mobs ? just an idea

yes i know that every type of mobs need the right elements 

I already have my cestra for that (4 formas in that baby)

But since this gun is most slash damage, let me upload pics of the build i use for infested.

I already have my cestra for that (4 formas in that baby)

But since this gun is most slash damage, let me upload pics of the build i use for infested.

i wanna farm detron it has radiation damage in the base 

Here is the build i run for infested missions:

qX3kr8b.png IQyq707.png

In this one i exchanged some damage for more mag. cap. and rof, i think its the best due to the fact that the infested attack in more units, and dont have shields nor armor.

for me i would like more damage .. but in the last it depend on ur gameplay and the frame u r using ! 

ex : if u r in Def mission and u r using vauban u can use bastille no need for cap mods .. damage would be better int his case . 

i wanna farm detron it has radiation damage in the base 

for me i would like more damage .. but in the last it depend on ur gameplay and the frame u r using ! 

ex : if u r in Def mission and u r using vauban u can use bastille no need for cap mods .. damage would be better int his case . 

agreed, i was testing it with vauban in ODD solo, i put a vortex on the pod and killing everthing from a safe distance, but when the mobs get lvls around 45, it tooks like 2 charged attacks to kill an ancient, i will do the same but with the dmg maxed and see what happens

Had to put another forma on it but now, i think i finish my build, and since the weapon its slash damage focused, i build it against infested:

9RgrUgA.pngiu97LXr.png

Now, if we sum up all the dmg, we have 7480.

7480(.30)=2244, for a total dmg per shell of 9724. Almost 10k dmg to infested without counting their weaknesses to slash and gas dmg.

Since this is a full dmg build and later on DE will fix the ammo pool issue of this gun, idk if it will have ammo problems, if it result so, i might change something for an ammo mutation or some ammo economy mod.

Had to put another forma on it but now, i think i finish my build, and since the weapon its slash damage focused, i build it against infested:

9RgrUgA.pngiu97LXr.png

Now, if we sum up all the dmg, we have 7480.

7480(.30)=2244, for a total dmg per shell of 9724. Almost 10k dmg to infested without counting their weaknesses to slash and gas dmg.

Since this is a full dmg build and later on DE will fix the ammo pool issue of this gun, idk if it will have ammo problems, if it result so, i might change something for an ammo mutation or some ammo economy mod.

seems nice build but what ammo issue u r talking about ? 

seems nice build but what ammo issue u r talking about ? 

The Drakgoon uses ammo of the Rifles, DE in the prime time 12 said that it was a bug and will be fixed.

I dont know if that will be a huge deal, but with that dmg i was one-hitting ancients at lvls 65 in a ODD (dont know how much more lvls are killed with one hit because i accept the reward, it was the boar prime part that i needed) using the same tactic, vaubans vortex and when all gets at the center one charged hit kills everything, thats why i think it wont be a huge deal, but if you plan on attacking without the carge function you may burn the ammo fast.

The Drakgoon uses ammo of the Rifles, DE in the prime time 12 said that it was a bug and will be fixed.

I dont know if that will be a huge deal, but with that dmg i was one-hitting ancients at lvls 65 in a ODD (dont know how much more lvls are killed with one hit because i accept the reward, it was the boar prime part that i needed) using the same tactic, vaubans vortex and when all gets at the center one charged hit kills everything, thats why i think it wont be a huge deal, but if you plan on attacking without the carge function you may burn the ammo fast.

waitt.. ammo of the rifles and mods of shotgun ? is this is normal ?

Edited by BaSiLB